2004 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class

Based on 101 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Best car I have owned

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Great in every way, looks, comfort"

Cons: "You must keep car maintaine, some parts are costly"

"Great to travel on trips."

By on Sunday, September 26, 2010

"My 2006 CL500 is truly a wonderful car – both for local and long road trips. I have driven near cross country and take 250 to 400 mile round trips on a regular basis. It is designed for high speed cruising but can be switched to sports handling on country roads. The handling is solid with good feedback on road conditions, yet a solid sense of control. At speeds of 75 MPH I am able to attain an average of 27 MPG -- city 17. Consider this a highly personal car with room for an occasional passenger. The backseat works for short trips but not to well for tall people – ok for young kids. Unlike my 2000 S sedan, this car has been very reliable with no breakdowns or expensive repairs. Its important to point out that tire life is a serious issue. With normal driving behavior, the rear tires only last 12.500 top’s, the front can go 25,000 miles. Also, beware that wheels are highly susceptible to curve damage. Otherwise, this is great car with better styling than new cars and a long term keeper -- a collector in the making."

There can be only one..the CL65AMG

By on Sunday, September 19, 2010

"I have owned the car since new, it cannot be compared to any of my previous cars...the CL 65 AMG is in a leaque of it's own. The raw power (Kleemann Vmax ECU) is to blame for multiple trade in of 911's, Ferrarri's, etc etc due to them being blown away by a 'standard looking coupe'. All the badges have been removed, so, unless you know what your'e looking at....you'll pay the price. 70,000 miles, track days and lots of fun days...absolutely reliable, supremely comfortable. Best Car ever. But, if you do buy one intend on keeping it...resale value it not the best. Best used car purchase option...40k will get you a reasonable beast...."

land jet

By on Friday, December 12, 2008

"There is not a better high performance GT car on earth, there i said it. I deal in highline and exotic cars and this is what i drive so if that is an endorsement in itself. The CL 65 is the most comfortable car that can carry an occasional extra couple to dinner and it's size is perfect for most of us who are pass the raising children age and don't want a mid life crisis ferrari. this car is actually faster then all but a very select few italian sports car and in the meantime carries it's occupants in absolute comfort, and silence. The interior is so well thought out and the seats will be your backs best friend! Oh the engine, when the occasion arise and you need to just pass everyone , and i mean everyone on your side of the freeway, well it just take about 1 to 2 seconds, and some of them will be corvettes, vipers, lamborghini gallardos etc all this in mercedes reliability. Is there anything else you can ask for?"

If you want a luxury super car this is it!

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pros: "You have to drive it to appreciate it"

Cons: "Back seat is small does your Ferrari have one"

"Yes up keep is costly all cars like this are, its not a Toyota."

Great car for all kinds of drivers

By on Friday, January 14, 2011

"This car has had my attention for years. I love them. Finally bought the CL55 AMG and let me tell you, ive had some nice cars (corvettes, jaguars) this is by far my favorite. The car is stylish, sleek, packed with options that will make you never want to arrive at your destination. The performance is phenominal. Service can be pricey, but thats expected with a car that costs over $100,000 new!!"

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, December 31, 2010

"Best vehicle I've ever owned. Nice lines, sweet styling and ride. It's a real eye catcher. The only problem is tire wear."

Underapreciated Benz

By on Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"I purchased the CL 500 new and am impressed with the quality and performance of this vehicle. After all it is the 2 door version of the S. My only gripe is the hassle getting into the back seats for guests. Older folks have trouble getting in and out of the back seats and forget getting a car seat in and out for the baby. Otherwise, impressive handling (better than my CLK) reasonably fast and very comfortable."

killer performance

By on Sunday, June 21, 2009

"Nicest car i have ever driven. reliable, fun,fast. A real deal used."

Almost perfect

By on Sunday, February 22, 2009

"This car has the quality and performance to put you back in your seat in total comfort."

Alot of bang for the buck

By on Sunday, February 15, 2009

"I have owned it for 2+ years and it has been a marriage made in heaven. Great looks. Super comfortable. I can sit for hours inside and enjoy the surround system. Shut the radio, open the windows, put it in first and listen to the wonderful engine note. Did I say it was fast and on one trip I got 29 mpg. Two draw backs, parts are expensive and its depreciation is that of a brick falling. Best to get an extended warranty. The only thing that would be better would be the AMG series."

the best car ever

By on Friday, January 16, 2009

"I own a cl55 amg and it is by far the best car I have owned. I also own a 2005 s600 but for some reason I love driving the cl55 amg a lot more. It drives and handles like a sports car"

A Collector's Classic

By on Monday, July 28, 2008

"This car has been the most comfortable, yet powerful car I have ever owned. Its sleek styling understates the aggressive handling and quiet power it is capable of. The classic body style will make the car a collctor's first choice in the years to come."

This car is the BOMB. CL55

By on Sunday, March 2, 2008

"I have owned new since 2004 and to date have never had any issues mechanically or otherwise. The only bad thing about this car is that it really burns through tires. I am on my 5th set and still can't seem to make them last. My family and I truely feel safe and when I'm alone well, I guess thats when I go through tires. Fantastic car. Can't wait to upgrade to the CL65."

By on Tuesday, January 8, 2008

THE BEST CAR IN THE WORLD

By on Thursday, October 11, 2007

"IT IS VERY NICE AND CONFORTBALE CAR FAST AN HIGH QUALITY.OVERALL PERFECT"

Finest car EVER made

By on Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "Costly to fix without an extended warranty"

My 2006 CL 600 AMG

"If you own one you will know what IM talking about. This car has every single option available and well worth having. The sytling is timeless and very fun to drive. 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. Torque at over 600 just a monster to drive. You must have a deep pocket to keep this car up and make sure you buy it with a warranty or you will be paying for the car twice over. The entire interior is full leather, no plastic or vinyl and has everything except a restroom pan. Besides popping your head back in your seat it will turn heads. Being a hand built car, you can feel the differnce between it and the 500. Nothing to compare, apples to oranges. All around the way to go. Only buy a 2005 or 2006. Anything before is TROUBLE!!!!!!! As far as value goes its fantastic if you buy one used. New its not that smart of a way to go. Have it inspected and buy one that has been had a CPO inspection to make sure you are getting what you pay for. Overall, the car has little to complain about. Only thing is when something breaks it will break the bank. Thankfully I bought an extended warranty so that makes up for any losses made in expeditures.I find black and silver ordinary and everyone has one, buy colors. It will set you apart from the pack"

My 2006 CL 600 AMG

Greatest ride and driving experience

By on Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pros: "Great highway driving comfort and excellent turing radius for parking"

Cons: "Room in the trunk and back seat. Not much wiggle room in the back seat."

"To evaluate the CL 500 I have compared it to the other Mercedes that I have owned. Mercedes since 1961,great reliable car,perfect body and mechanics for eight years. My 1969 was not great the body rusted out after 5 years. 1974 coupe great driving car but not agile in turns. The E classes were great sedans and were reliable and body work held up and most electrical problems take care of by the factory warranty. My other German car were not a trouble free as the M-B's. This car has over 50,000 miles and I have had only one problem with the SRS system air bag. The other repairs were do to wear, rotors, brakes, and tires. I would move up to a new model but there is no reason to trade the car. My other Mercedes E350 has the same maintenance record, only wearable parts have been replaced. I always preform maintenance recommended by Mercedes with all my cars, learned early on that is the most economical path for all my German cars"

Incredible super car with all the luxury you need.

By on Thursday, February 9, 2012

"This 2005 CL 65 has been flawless. No real mechanical issues and I push it hard. No one to date has out gunned this car and there have been some strong 200k plus cars go home disappointed. Considering putting the Renn Tech kit on. Recently one turned 10.20 seconds, 139mph quarter mile with the kit. Stock, It still turns 125 in the quarter. Thank you Mercedes."

2004 CL 55 AMG

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"I HAVE 2004 MERCEDES CL55 AMG EVRY OPTIN BEST CAR EVER LOVE IT LOVE IT THERE IS NO BETTER CAR OUT THERE FOR ME.. ANYBODY LOOKING FOR FAST SHARP LOOKING CAR CL 55 AMG IS THE CAR ..... I LOVE THE WAY IT HANDALES .. ALOT OF PEOPLE USE TO TELL ME OOO THAT CAR BEAKS A LOT BLAHHH BLAHH NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT AND PLUS IT IS BIG MOTOR IN IT AND IT IS SO GREAT ON GAS ... 493HP 516LB-FT OF TORQUE 0-60 FOOT ET:1.956 FAST AND FUN ....... JAZY"

I will not buy another Mercedes

By on Thursday, April 24, 2008

"I have owned Mercedes Benz since I was 19 years old. I have had 450SLC, 450SL, 380SEC, 500SEL, SL500, CL500 I am done with Mercrdes because of my experience with CL. The car has too many electronic and mechanical problems and is too expensive to fix. What happend to our good old BENZ?"

My Best Mercedes So Far

By on Monday, September 7, 2009

"We were looking for a 2007 E 350 to replace a 1997 E 420. Prices for in-warranty, around 30k miles was in the low 30s. Imagine my surprise when I found I could get a 2006 CL with 25k miles and a year of warranty for $35k! This car is fantastic. It's almost as good as my 5 series BMW in handling, and far superior for a quiet, firm highway ride. These cars cost over $100k new, and are not a small car like a CLK. They are built on the S chassis, but shorter. The trim is even better than the S class, with leather on the dash that the S does not have. The Bose stereo is stunning. The seats surround you and are aircondiditoned. Every 2006 is a sport model, with AMG wheels & trim, and the 2 modes "sport & comfort" from the console. The Acitve Body Control ABC adjusts while moving to keep the car balanced. While some say this can be a maintenance problem, I believe it's been corrected since the early 2000 models. I also have a 129 Mercedes 500SL, and my dream car is a 2005-6 SL55AMG, which is among the last mega-horsepower, supercharged cars that we'll see as we may go back to the 70s in terms of auto excitement."

Amazing Car

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "great price and amazing to drive"

Cons: "back seat is tight but it is not a caravan car"

"It purrs when you drive it, and after you close the door it is like a tank, you can not hear anything of the ride/road. It feel extremely safe and secure and is such a smooth ride, plus great pick-up. Very very enjoyable to drive. Turning radius and handling very tight and seamless. Back seat does not have much room, but for the rest, is a wonderful car."

By on Monday, March 7, 2011

"I own this car and cant stop driving it!!"

loved this car

By on Monday, February 16, 2009

"i had the pleasure of owning a 2002 mercedes cl 500 absolutely loved the way it handled and rode , went on several trips and was not tired upon arrival, never used the navagiation system , but i think it would of been helpful, loved the styling. it was noticed where ever you went a beautiful machine ,alot of power. only fault i had with the car expensive to maintain, and it uses only premium gas, hated to part with the car but health issues ,early retirement required me to part with my cl 500. my husband bought this for me as a gift i had the pleasure of driving it for over 1 year, sure couldn't of afforded it new. if you can find a used one i would recommend you buy it you won't regret it. average 26 mpg on the intersate"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz CL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals