• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2002 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class

Based on 98 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Bang for the buck

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"I bought my fully optioned CL600 sport in JAN 05 and have completely enjoyed the car. Due to it's rarity it still looks fresh and the technology is still current despite the fact the car is a 2002. Considering what other $130k+ V12s cost (Ferrari, Bentley) on the used market the CL600 is a bargain due to it's excessive depreciation. Repairs are pricey - I paid $500 for the water pump (part only) so don't confuse cost of ownership with cost of a heavily discounted car - it is and was made for someone who could afford a $130k car."

Best car I have owned

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Great in every way, looks, comfort"

Cons: "You must keep car maintaine, some parts are costly"

"Great to travel on trips."

loved this car

By on Monday, February 16, 2009

"i had the pleasure of owning a 2002 mercedes cl 500 absolutely loved the way it handled and rode , went on several trips and was not tired upon arrival, never used the navagiation system , but i think it would of been helpful, loved the styling. it was noticed where ever you went a beautiful machine ,alot of power. only fault i had with the car expensive to maintain, and it uses only premium gas, hated to part with the car but health issues ,early retirement required me to part with my cl 500. my husband bought this for me as a gift i had the pleasure of driving it for over 1 year, sure couldn't of afforded it new. if you can find a used one i would recommend you buy it you won't regret it. average 26 mpg on the intersate"

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"I bought my 2003 CL500 new. Now its now has has 22,000miles. I love this auto, but I fell in love with its styling first. It looks fabulous and nearly drives itself. However, after 5 years and $70,000 of depreciation, I am ready for something smaller, maybe a 5-series BMW. I have had a 325IS BMW for 21 years. I like the Beemer better and I can't part with her...She is my best and most reliable friend!"

02CL500 Sport Pkg

By on Sunday, August 24, 2008

"What a shame such a beautiful car is plagued with poor quality and materials. For example - fit and finish of the trunk has never been correct; metal trim on the door doesn't line up; rubber molding around both doors is already torn (my '91 500SL had original rubber molding in perfect condition in 2002). Repairs are out of line - the whole door lock assembly had to be replaced because the plastic piece on it that controls the door pull function cracked. I'm sorry, MB - you messed up on this one. The engine however is a jewel."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz CL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals