2001 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class

Based on 101 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Bang for the buck

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"I bought my fully optioned CL600 sport in JAN 05 and have completely enjoyed the car. Due to it's rarity it still looks fresh and the technology is still current despite the fact the car is a 2002. Considering what other $130k+ V12s cost (Ferrari, Bentley) on the used market the CL600 is a bargain due to it's excessive depreciation. Repairs are pricey - I paid $500 for the water pump (part only) so don't confuse cost of ownership with cost of a heavily discounted car - it is and was made for someone who could afford a $130k car."

repair hog

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "smooth fast great style"

Cons: "eats gas, eats tires, everything is expensive"

"wait until the abc suspension acts up!!!"

best purchase I've ever made

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "a blast to drive,lots of luxury features"

Cons: "expensive tires,avg mpg cty is about 9 1/2-10 1/2"

"I've owned this car for nearly a year now and i couldn't be happier.it's unbelievably fast,very reliable and comfortable. the stereo is quite good as well. all that being said i can race and beat nearly anything I come up to. i raced and beat a brand new mustang gt500 without any problems and i had three other people in the car with me too!"

Fast & Furious

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"My 2003 CL-55 is one of the fastest and most luxury orientated vehicles I have owned. I have had Jaguar, other Mercedes (SL-500), Acura NSX and Vipers (did I mention Porsche? This car tops them all for luxury when you want it and all out speed when you feel the need. Expensive to repair but a bargain if you can find a used low mile 2003 or newer (don't buy an 2002 or older). Good luck and enjoy!!!!!"

nice looking car

By on Saturday, April 25, 2009

"seems to need a lot of repairs as it ages, all little things, but expensive."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Sunday, October 26, 2008

"I have owned Mercedes Benz since 1987, switching from BMW 7 series. I have always loved the S class, but seeking something sportier, chose the CL600 in 2005. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned. The 12 cylinder turbo-charged engine is smoother than glass. It has enough torque to push you back in your seat when you depress the accelerator, yet it glides down freeways effortlessly getting 21mpg. Smart, functional and beautiful. It is the ultimate in automotive experience."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"I bought my 2003 CL500 new. Now its now has has 22,000miles. I love this auto, but I fell in love with its styling first. It looks fabulous and nearly drives itself. However, after 5 years and $70,000 of depreciation, I am ready for something smaller, maybe a 5-series BMW. I have had a 325IS BMW for 21 years. I like the Beemer better and I can't part with her...She is my best and most reliable friend!"

02CL500 Sport Pkg

By on Sunday, August 24, 2008

"What a shame such a beautiful car is plagued with poor quality and materials. For example - fit and finish of the trunk has never been correct; metal trim on the door doesn't line up; rubber molding around both doors is already torn (my '91 500SL had original rubber molding in perfect condition in 2002). Repairs are out of line - the whole door lock assembly had to be replaced because the plastic piece on it that controls the door pull function cracked. I'm sorry, MB - you messed up on this one. The engine however is a jewel."

My CL AMG

By on Thursday, October 21, 2010

"For anyone who owns a MB AMG vehicle I am sure they can all attest to the degree of difference it is between any other muscle car, when you add quality and luxory to a flagship vehicle such as this. If you ahve the means, i think you are selling yourself short if you do not go for the experience."

Without a doubt, the best Car I've owned.

By on Saturday, March 20, 2010

"My 2006 CL65 AMG, bought from new in Tucson, Az, traded my beloved 96 993 Twin Turbo for the CL...thinking I was going to slow things down....Ha...was I in for a surprise!!!! After breaking her in gently, she has been driven as hard as my driving skills allow, lot's of Track days, amazing handling for a Tank and refuses to let me down, even with all the 'fancies' she has had zero problems, ofcourse she is well looked after, and babied, but I'll never sell her, she's part of me now. A Car that you can do everything in..long range, comfortable cruising to short range mind blowing blasts....I just love eating those Vets in my Pa Pa car..!!!!!!!!! Depreciation doesn't enter into the equation if you never want to get rid of it.....a supercar for life...that's cheap....not too many cars will be built in my life time with the quality and performance to match the CL65 AMG... 75000mls and still perfect, not even a door ding! Get one...you won't regret it!"

cl 500

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"beautiful car very expensive to fix at the deale,r great handling, excellent ride, loved the styling but maintance is extremely expensive"

Superb car

By on Friday, April 18, 2008

"I purchased the car new-opted for the CL 55 over the CL600 as I liked the more aggressive sound, style of the AMG plus the steering wheel shifters. Performance, handling, ride, speed, and quality are excellent. Tires go fast even in normal driving-get around 17000 miles on a set-and some electrical problems-voltage regulator went bad, trunk and door closure motor went bad, etc. Nothing that left me stranded and hasn't done anything to dampen my love of this superb car."

2005 CL600 - AMG Sport Package

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"Although the entry price ($137k+) allows you to consider many other vehicles, the CL was the obvious choice for me. I did not find another vehicle that offered such an athletic nature with such over the top luxury. The bi-turbo V12 engine could power an American Airlines flight and offers constant amusement at speed while also offering a very refined experience. Everything in the interior is covered in either Burlwood or Napa leather (entire dash, etc) and carries a strong design concept throughout. Mercedes has always done the 'big coupe' very well and this is no substitute. As the normal used car depreciation takes it's toll on this model, it should represent an excellent value and offer buyers a phenomenal opportunity to pick up a car that was previously too expensive. Treat yourself, it will be worth it."

Very overpriced

By on Friday, April 29, 2011

"My 2001 CL500 is a beautiful car with a great ride. However, it is very overpriced relative to the alternatives. The back seats have surprisingly poor leg room - I'm only 5' 11" yet have to scoot up my driver's seat to accommodate somebody of my height in the back. Lots of little things (ignition switch, trunk release, ABC system) have gone wrong in only 68000 miles and NOTHING costs less than $2000 to fix. Mercedes parts costs are absolutely abusive. I fell in love with the looks and ride of this car but now I've "gotten it out of my system," I would never buy another one."

Top of The LINE

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

"I have had this car ever since 15 miles on the odometer. I payed 140,000 and it was the best 140k i ever spent!! Nothing compares v12 biturbo It costs to be the boss. keep up with the tune ups etc... Sometime it can be frustrating but my ferrari is just as complicated. 5 star vehicle maybach quality for .5 the price believe me my car collection is extensive. bentley's(only v12), rolls(only v12), rarri(only v12), benzo(only v12) Mercedes v12 bitubo one of my fav. take it from me. U want a sports luxury car, this defines that. I recently smoked a DB9 with this car recently just FYI"

Luxury super car

By on Saturday, July 18, 2015

Pros: "Fast, powerful, and luxurious"

Cons: "May be too much car for the those not familiar"

"They only imported 52 of these cars in the 2006 model of the CL65...THEY ARE VERY RARE.The 6 liter V-12 engine is the same one used in the $300,000 Maybach. Excellence is the key everywhere in this car. What other car has a suede leather headliner?"

May Have Made A big Mistake in buying this auto

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive,sharp looking,comfortable,very fast"

Cons: "very expencive to maintane"

"I was so excited about finialy being able to get such a highly respected auto.I had always wanted a high end auto,now I am disapointed.My cl-600 has been in the shop more than in my hands.It is a very expencive auto to keep running properly,but when it runs-MAN DOES IT RUN-one of the funnest cars I have driving and I have had some wild cars in my life."

NIGHTMARE

By on Thursday, January 20, 2011

"The car is great when its not in the shop! I love the style of my cl600 very sporty/classy and an elegant interior. But for the past 2 years it has been in and out of the shop for the same problems! ABC suspension kept giving out then the torsion bar went bad and then the radiator & oil pump cracked. Finally gave up on it and sold it to carmax"

incredible features

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"This vehicle has so many luxury items as standard that are normally options. Performance is exceptional and ride and comfort are superb."

2003 Mercedes CL55 AMG

By on Wednesday, October 3, 2007

"After a corvette convertible, I was looking for a vehicle that could still perform that had a back seat. I got twice as much as I was looking for. The CL55 AMG 2003 that I own is very incredible. From the heating and cooling seats to the beating I gave a 2008 Corvette that had Temp tags. We started at 80MPH, and by 110 MPH, he was looking at my 4 AMG exhaust pipes. 496 Horses, I love it!!!"

More power in a luxury ride than you really need

By on Friday, December 18, 2015

Pros: "Best dollar buy on the market, today"

Cons: "If 12 mpg is too expensive, don't buy this car"

"Hit the the accelerator at 60 and you are at 100 before you know it. This is one killer of a car. Not dangerously killer, but excitingly killer. luxury touches everywhere, You will not believe the quality of craftsmanship that is exhibited in every nook and cranny of this car.If you can find one for sale, buy it. you will not be disappointed."

Ultra Luxury Super Car and a work of art to boot.

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "Ultra-luxury @ one sixth the original price."

Cons: "Loves super-unleaded petrol and I mean loves!"

"This is one of the most elegant and well crafted super luxury cars ever made. Yes the car is fast and the coupe body is one of the sexiest on the road, but the interior of the vehicle is a sumptuous cavern of ultra high end leather, wood, alcantara, and other luxurious materials. Everything just looks good, smells good, and feels good in the cockpit of this super Mercedes V12 Bi-turbo rocket. Only buy one that has verifiable maintenance documentation."

2005 CL 55 AMG Designo

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Style, luxury performance vale for money"

Cons: "none so far....."

"This is my 3rd AMG and my 7th Mercedes. It is by far the best of the batch so far. Uncompromising, intoxicating performance is the only way to describe it. If you want performance this is it. The key to any super car purchase is to get ANY used car inspected by a Mercedes dealer before purchase, it is money well spent. I paid out about $1000.00 to various dealers before purchasing my CL. All used cars have issues but if one is properly maintained and serviced it should give years of satisfaction. I have heard the complainers stories about the ABC system for example and in most cases they have not followed factory service and maintenance (IE the reservoir on the system has a low and high mark, the low mark is the fluid level WITH THE ENGINE OFF the high mark IS WITH THE ENGINE ON. Over fill this system and it will fail!) just take it to Mercedes and have it serviced as needed! It is probably wise to avoid "boy racer" or modified cars as this car needs NO additions (except maybe paddle shifters instead of buttons)"

Best car ever owned and will buy MB again

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "Smoothest, quietest ride I've ever had"

"Have had GM camaro, Ford trucks, Datsun/Nissan 240/280, and none compare to the quality, comfort, and reliability of this car. Pricey Yes, but will last 2 generations if well taken care of. Oil changes every 13,000 miles under warranty by MB with Mobil 1 oil and Mobil 1 filter"

Best car I have owned

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

"Perfect combination of performance and luxury. The power is breathtaking and the options and features just make this car such a pleasure to drive. It blows your socks off, then, neatly folds them and puts them away in your sock drawer."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz CL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals