• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2000 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class

Based on 98 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

2005 CL 55 AMG Designo

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Style, luxury performance vale for money"

Cons: "none so far....."

"This is my 3rd AMG and my 7th Mercedes. It is by far the best of the batch so far. Uncompromising, intoxicating performance is the only way to describe it. If you want performance this is it. The key to any super car purchase is to get ANY used car inspected by a Mercedes dealer before purchase, it is money well spent. I paid out about $1000.00 to various dealers before purchasing my CL. All used cars have issues but if one is properly maintained and serviced it should give years of satisfaction. I have heard the complainers stories about the ABC system for example and in most cases they have not followed factory service and maintenance (IE the reservoir on the system has a low and high mark, the low mark is the fluid level WITH THE ENGINE OFF the high mark IS WITH THE ENGINE ON. Over fill this system and it will fail!) just take it to Mercedes and have it serviced as needed! It is probably wise to avoid "boy racer" or modified cars as this car needs NO additions (except maybe paddle shifters instead of buttons)"

Best car ever owned and will buy MB again

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "Smoothest, quietest ride I've ever had"

"Have had GM camaro, Ford trucks, Datsun/Nissan 240/280, and none compare to the quality, comfort, and reliability of this car. Pricey Yes, but will last 2 generations if well taken care of. Oil changes every 13,000 miles under warranty by MB with Mobil 1 oil and Mobil 1 filter"

Never had a finer car

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

"This was first 2000 delivered west of the Mississippi and it has been in the rain twice with only 27,000 miles. Just fixed the ABC ride and it is perfect once again with new Michelins. NEVER driven a finer car and I have owned 117. Always garaged and in perfect shape."

I love driving this car, but it makes me nervous..

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "Design, engine, fit and finish, classic look, fast"

Cons: "Technology issues, gas mileage, Dixie cup holders"

"This car is a perfect cross between luxury and sports car. The engine is powerful and responsive and when using manual shift the automatic transmission performs like a real standard, holding the car back on steep hills and allowing for an almost brake less stop when coming to stop sigh or a traffic light. It has seven gears to shift through. In sports mode it really enhances the driving experience, using manual. My car has all of the options, distronic cruise control, park assist, navigation, voice command, integrated phone, heated steering wheel, heated and ventilated seats with massage functions,q the AMG appearance package, heated and cooled center storage console and the list goes on. The phone option requires a bluetooth module that inserts into the phone cradle to work with today's phones. I was surprised by the distronic, it functions very well. I was nervous about 2004 technology, but it is great so far. I have a problem with the tire monitor system. The warning light comes on each time the car is started and then changes to a malfunction warning. After some research is discovered that the sensors for the tires are wireless and attached to the tire side inside the rim and run on batteries, when the battery dies the system reports a low tire then a malfunctions. I have not been able to determine if the batteries can be replaced or if a new unit is required. I do know the tire has to be removed and since all tires are new I don't have any immediate plans to have them removed. I have opted to have my Mechanic turn the system off until I have a reason to have the tires removed from the rim. Not a very good design. Another design problem is the buttons on the door handles that allow the car to be locked widen the key is in your pocket. Both are missing and after Moore research I found out that they have the habit of continually falling off and then do not function. Besides looking a little rough where the button was it has not been an issue because the buttons to lock the car on the outside of the trunk and the inside are a different design and work with no problems. The only other thing that happened, well two things. One night driving home the display failed and had a message of total system failure, drive to nearest Mercedes Service Center. I kept driving to my destination and when I started the car to leave everything was fine and I have not seen the message again. Another time I got a message that a light was burned out on the front of the car and upon inspection I found it not working. I bought two replacement bulbs for $20 at my local auto parts store - not Mercedes and was thankful it was not the expensive main headlight that cost around $160 each and have to be installed by a mechanic (so says the manual). However, the light came back on at some point and has been functioning since. Now I have back up bulbs. Even though I love driving the car the technology interface makes me nervous. There is a lot that can go wrong. Also a technological glitch can trick you into believing a mechanical repair is needed and so far that hasn't been the case. In their rush to keep up with the Japanese auto makers they over extended themselves in the technology area. German vacuum cleaners are very reliable, but I have not heard of a German computer so it stands to reason they are importing the technology and are making poor decisions or being sold second tier items. So for now I love the car and my nervousness goes away little by little as I learn more about the car and it's quirks. Even though my car is a 2004 that I paid a fraction of the original $119,000 sticker price, it still has the look and feel of that expensive new car. It is one of the more rare Mercedes and the body style has not changed so much. Easiest way to get an idea of the age is by the number on the badge that denotes the engine size. At least you can figure out a range. People not familiar with the Mercedes id process only see a beautiful expensive looking car. Oh, I also love the low growl of the engine on the way to its cruising speed."

Ultra Luxury Super Car and a work of art to boot.

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "Ultra-luxury @ one sixth the original price."

Cons: "Loves super-unleaded petrol and I mean loves!"

"This is one of the most elegant and well crafted super luxury cars ever made. Yes the car is fast and the coupe body is one of the sexiest on the road, but the interior of the vehicle is a sumptuous cavern of ultra high end leather, wood, alcantara, and other luxurious materials. Everything just looks good, smells good, and feels good in the cockpit of this super Mercedes V12 Bi-turbo rocket. Only buy one that has verifiable maintenance documentation."

spectacular car in both looks and performance

By on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pros: "design, fast, amg package,"

Cons: "map features could have more detail"

"11 years old and still drives like a new car. Fast, comfortable and still stylish. I can't find anything I don't like about this car."

best purchase I've ever made

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "a blast to drive,lots of luxury features"

Cons: "expensive tires,avg mpg cty is about 9 1/2-10 1/2"

"I've owned this car for nearly a year now and i couldn't be happier.it's unbelievably fast,very reliable and comfortable. the stereo is quite good as well. all that being said i can race and beat nearly anything I come up to. i raced and beat a brand new mustang gt500 without any problems and i had three other people in the car with me too!"

Good Car Fast

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "Great Car fun to drive"

Cons: "You need to no this car and, or how to maintian!"

"This is a great car with a few issues! Passenger window cracked glass interior panel need re attaching No CD player ABC Pump new! ABC line needs to be tightened or replaced. Needs TLC SOLD AS IS. Need to no this Car if interested in Buying!"

May Have Made A big Mistake in buying this auto

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive,sharp looking,comfortable,very fast"

Cons: "very expencive to maintane"

"I was so excited about finialy being able to get such a highly respected auto.I had always wanted a high end auto,now I am disapointed.My cl-600 has been in the shop more than in my hands.It is a very expencive auto to keep running properly,but when it runs-MAN DOES IT RUN-one of the funnest cars I have driving and I have had some wild cars in my life."

Incredible super car with all the luxury you need.

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

"This 2005 CL 65 has been flawless. No real mechanical issues and I push it hard. No one to date has out gunned this car and there have been some strong 200k plus cars go home disappointed. Considering putting the Renn Tech kit on. Recently one turned 10.20 seconds, 139mph quarter mile with the kit. Stock, It still turns 125 in the quarter. Thank you Mercedes."

Best car I have owned

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Great in every way, looks, comfort"

Cons: "You must keep car maintaine, some parts are costly"

"Great to travel on trips."

Finest car EVER made

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "Costly to fix without an extended warranty"

My 2006 CL 600 AMG

"If you own one you will know what IM talking about. This car has every single option available and well worth having. The sytling is timeless and very fun to drive. 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. Torque at over 600 just a monster to drive. You must have a deep pocket to keep this car up and make sure you buy it with a warranty or you will be paying for the car twice over. The entire interior is full leather, no plastic or vinyl and has everything except a restroom pan. Besides popping your head back in your seat it will turn heads. Being a hand built car, you can feel the differnce between it and the 500. Nothing to compare, apples to oranges. All around the way to go. Only buy a 2005 or 2006. Anything before is TROUBLE!!!!!!! As far as value goes its fantastic if you buy one used. New its not that smart of a way to go. Have it inspected and buy one that has been had a CPO inspection to make sure you are getting what you pay for. Overall, the car has little to complain about. Only thing is when something breaks it will break the bank. Thankfully I bought an extended warranty so that makes up for any losses made in expeditures.I find black and silver ordinary and everyone has one, buy colors. It will set you apart from the pack"

My 2006 CL 600 AMG

If you want a luxury super car this is it!

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Pros: "You have to drive it to appreciate it"

Cons: "Back seat is small does your Ferrari have one"

"Yes up keep is costly all cars like this are, its not a Toyota."

repair hog

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "smooth fast great style"

Cons: "eats gas, eats tires, everything is expensive"

"wait until the abc suspension acts up!!!"

Amazing Car

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "great price and amazing to drive"

Cons: "back seat is tight but it is not a caravan car"

"It purrs when you drive it, and after you close the door it is like a tank, you can not hear anything of the ride/road. It feel extremely safe and secure and is such a smooth ride, plus great pick-up. Very very enjoyable to drive. Turning radius and handling very tight and seamless. Back seat does not have much room, but for the rest, is a wonderful car."

Top of The LINE

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

"I have had this car ever since 15 miles on the odometer. I payed 140,000 and it was the best 140k i ever spent!! Nothing compares v12 biturbo It costs to be the boss. keep up with the tune ups etc... Sometime it can be frustrating but my ferrari is just as complicated. 5 star vehicle maybach quality for .5 the price believe me my car collection is extensive. bentley's(only v12), rolls(only v12), rarri(only v12), benzo(only v12) Mercedes v12 bitubo one of my fav. take it from me. U want a sports luxury car, this defines that. I recently smoked a DB9 with this car recently just FYI"

Greatest ride and driving experience

By on Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pros: "Great highway driving comfort and excellent turing radius for parking"

Cons: "Room in the trunk and back seat. Not much wiggle room in the back seat."

"To evaluate the CL 500 I have compared it to the other Mercedes that I have owned. Mercedes since 1961,great reliable car,perfect body and mechanics for eight years. My 1969 was not great the body rusted out after 5 years. 1974 coupe great driving car but not agile in turns. The E classes were great sedans and were reliable and body work held up and most electrical problems take care of by the factory warranty. My other German car were not a trouble free as the M-B's. This car has over 50,000 miles and I have had only one problem with the SRS system air bag. The other repairs were do to wear, rotors, brakes, and tires. I would move up to a new model but there is no reason to trade the car. My other Mercedes E350 has the same maintenance record, only wearable parts have been replaced. I always preform maintenance recommended by Mercedes with all my cars, learned early on that is the most economical path for all my German cars"

By on Monday, May 02, 2011

Very overpriced

By on Friday, April 29, 2011

"My 2001 CL500 is a beautiful car with a great ride. However, it is very overpriced relative to the alternatives. The back seats have surprisingly poor leg room - I'm only 5' 11" yet have to scoot up my driver's seat to accommodate somebody of my height in the back. Lots of little things (ignition switch, trunk release, ABC system) have gone wrong in only 68000 miles and NOTHING costs less than $2000 to fix. Mercedes parts costs are absolutely abusive. I fell in love with the looks and ride of this car but now I've "gotten it out of my system," I would never buy another one."

By on Monday, March 07, 2011

"I own this car and cant stop driving it!!"

NIGHTMARE

By on Thursday, January 20, 2011

"The car is great when its not in the shop! I love the style of my cl600 very sporty/classy and an elegant interior. But for the past 2 years it has been in and out of the shop for the same problems! ABC suspension kept giving out then the torsion bar went bad and then the radiator & oil pump cracked. Finally gave up on it and sold it to carmax"

Great car for all kinds of drivers

By on Friday, January 14, 2011

"This car has had my attention for years. I love them. Finally bought the CL55 AMG and let me tell you, ive had some nice cars (corvettes, jaguars) this is by far my favorite. The car is stylish, sleek, packed with options that will make you never want to arrive at your destination. The performance is phenominal. Service can be pricey, but thats expected with a car that costs over $100,000 new!!"

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, December 31, 2010

"Best vehicle I've ever owned. Nice lines, sweet styling and ride. It's a real eye catcher. The only problem is tire wear."

My CL AMG

By on Thursday, October 21, 2010

"For anyone who owns a MB AMG vehicle I am sure they can all attest to the degree of difference it is between any other muscle car, when you add quality and luxory to a flagship vehicle such as this. If you ahve the means, i think you are selling yourself short if you do not go for the experience."

By on Sunday, September 26, 2010

"My 2006 CL500 is truly a wonderful car – both for local and long road trips. I have driven near cross country and take 250 to 400 mile round trips on a regular basis. It is designed for high speed cruising but can be switched to sports handling on country roads. The handling is solid with good feedback on road conditions, yet a solid sense of control. At speeds of 75 MPH I am able to attain an average of 27 MPG -- city 17. Consider this a highly personal car with room for an occasional passenger. The backseat works for short trips but not to well for tall people – ok for young kids. Unlike my 2000 S sedan, this car has been very reliable with no breakdowns or expensive repairs. Its important to point out that tire life is a serious issue. With normal driving behavior, the rear tires only last 12.500 top’s, the front can go 25,000 miles. Also, beware that wheels are highly susceptible to curve damage. Otherwise, this is great car with better styling than new cars and a long term keeper -- a collector in the making."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz CL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals