2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews

Unfortunately, we don’t have a Fair Purchase Price for this car in your area.

Fair Purchase Price N/A

Invoice N/A

10/7.3

Based on 301 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Great Car - Great Buy

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Great looking car, good performance, dependable"

Cons: "Expensive maintenance"

"Leased this as a new car and then purchased after the lease. It kept its value way better than expected and I have had zero issues with it mechanically. I really see no reason to get a newer model as this one has nearly everything I need. Performance is good, look is great, and it is a solid car. The only negatives would be the cost of maintenance and the premium gas, but I was aware of that when I got it. Would definitely recommend."

This baby rocks

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Not cheap among its competitors"

Cons: "Blinker handle tough and noisy"

"I cannot say much for this car for I have only owned it for a few weeks but so far so good. I should stop here but this car deserves a few pointers you should know. What I love about this car is breaking, acceleration, and handling. Reviews are based on bias-sism for lack of a dictionary word (what if the reviewer hates German products? So having said that let me continue…. The interior is elegant. I call it a tuxedo friendly car. I have the wood trim package and options floor models wish they had! The night interior illumination is beautiful (Dashboards sell!) I also love the speed handle (shaft knob) it is rock solid! And no interior noises of rattle etc. Ok so here is what I don’t like, and for this reason I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars. One, the button to open the center console is too far back. You almost have to keep your eyes off the road to find it as you move to the side to make room for your hand. The car feels weightless. Very light. The front passenger door frame, at the bottom, where vertical frame meets floor, is velvet material… how can you keep it clean from dirty shoes? You cant – a total pain. I am constantly watching my feet when I get in to try not to make contact or that is it. This should be of heavy duty rubber elegant lining. Something washable don’t you think? The blinkers are rough and noisy. The speed control is in the wrong place, right below the left blinker handle. Click..oops? What else? Let me drive it for a year and I will tell you why am not selling it! so far it’s a keeper! Love it."

I feel very classy when driving down th eroad

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "very expensive to have serviced"

"Just had it serviced, was not really happy with the cost."

Great car. Fast, reliable and comfortable.

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "Handles well, comfortable and reliable."

Cons: "Costly to maintain and low front end."

"Really enjoying the car. Performs well and never has a problem. Bit expensive to service but worth it. Only real problem is low front end. Have to be careful not to go too close to parking blocks when parking head in - bottom can scrape on the blocks ( really annoying)."

Very Satisfied

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Exterior Styling. Great ride. NAV"

"I bought this car used a few weeks ago and overall am very happy with it. I feel very fortunate to be able to afford this car at my age. It has a great exterior design (much better then the 01-07's). The multi-media package is great, much better then our 09 Infiniti's (imo). Although the best part of the car has to be the ride. Even with the "sport" model, the suspension is very compliant. No bumps really disturb the body, and few make a large presence known from inside the cabin. The only complaints I have has got to be the handling characteristics. The car feels great when not pushing hard, with very minimal body roll (less then a 335xi I had looked at). The problem is the steering that is very numb on feel, but non-the less quick. Also, when pushing around a corner the front tires almost feel as though the are hydroplaning on a dry surface. The understeer is rather bad when pushed. I think most of the problem is the Michelin pilot sport a/s tires. Coming from a Cooper S the power is fine, with great mid-range torque, but a little more would be nice. The car is not close to the BMW in steering feel or power, but I like the feel of the car much better on a day to day basis over the 335xi. ALthough the interior is a bit plasticy, I like the look much better then the BMW, which is rather boring and cold. MPG is great 23-25 in city driving so far. Overall I love the car, but now want a more dedicated performance car. I think I will keep this car for winters and in a few years buy a used C63 :)"

Great car!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Solid and reliable, blast to drive!"

"4matic is great, good mileage and reliability, still a head turner. Tires at 65K brake pads at 95K. Quiet and comfortable."

mercedes c-class

By on Friday, November 27, 2009

"Drives like a car costing TWICE and much as it did. Choose over BMW 3-series because car had more character and the BMW interior look CHEAP. Great automobile for the money but been VERY disappointment with the paint."

Very nice looking.

By on Friday, August 29, 2008

"Very nice in every way but the two rear door knobs broke off and to replace them the door panel has to come off."

4 years of pure joy

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "maintenance costs can be high."

"I bought this car new in Oct 2009. 4 years later, it hasn't missed a beat and we have had no problems with it. Very smooth & quiet ride. Well built!"

Does it all.

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros: "Great car fun to drive"

Cons: "Haven't found one yet"

"This car has been everything we expected and more. Great for around town and on long trips we couldn't be happier with the car. we don't drive a lot but when we do it is nice to know we have the 300C to juimp into."

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "Extraordinarily comfortable and yet fun to drive."

Cons: "Mileage still not at EPA ratings"

"I had a 2000 C 230 for over 12 years and loved it. The C 250 Luxury model is head and shoulders above the old C 230 (and about the same price 12 years later) and that says a lot. This car handles perfectly and is quite and comfortable. Its electronic controls are intuitive to access and provide lots of information and entertainment options."

Great car for $$

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Great price/fun/reliable/great AWD"

Cons: "Expensive maintenance ($200 oil change)"

"Was "settling" when I traded my E-Class for this C-Class. Using for work and putting lots of miles on vehicle...didn't make sense to get E-Class. Pleasantly surprised at how much fun this is to drive. 28MPG (150 hwy miles/day). Fun to drive. Sport class very nice looking! Can't believe performance is so great. Unbelievable in snow. Only down side is required $200 oil change. Every 2 - 3 months, this becomes a bit expensive for $35 worth of oil and they try to get you to do tons of other maintenance not needed!"

Best sports sedan I have driven

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "no heated seats"

"I have driven the BMW 3 series and the C300 not only looks a 100 times better, but it handles better and feels more sporty."

Excellent for the price

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

"Excellent proformace for the price. The best part is the flex serivce schedule, save time and money compare to Lexus or BMW"

Awesome car

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

Pros: "Great stereo"

Cons: "Rear design"

"I have had this car since new in 2008 and I still love it like new. Every time I think of getting a new one I decide I have the best car now. The Harmon kardon sound system is concert quality and amazing."

I love it

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

"I have had an Audi A4 and BMW 325, 330 and 328 . I find the C300 superior in all respects. I love it ."

Speeding Down the Autobahn, Autostrada

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Picked up the car at the factory in Stuttgart (saves 7% plus car rental). First experiance out the door was merging on to the Autobahn. went to warp 3 on wet road a lot faster and truer than I expected. handles great on alpine roads. the real test will be this winter crossing moutain passes here at home. fit, finish and roominess better than our old c230 with only a 10 percent drop in MPG. only drawback is lowered front spoiler vs parking lot curbs."

Great value in a great car

By on Friday, October 03, 2008

"I can't say enough about the C350 Sport. For the price, there isn't another car that comes close to offering the best combination of style, comfort, performance and even mileage. Around town, 20 mpg is average and I drive fairly hard - mostly in "S" gear range. Highway averages 28 mpg but one occasion I got 31.5. The best part is that it runs just fine on 87 octane! My next C-Class is likely a C63."

Lovin it, but!

By on Friday, July 11, 2008

"This is my 2nd Mercedes C class, I had a 2005 C230K. The jury is still out on which is better. My C230K had all the opts minus the GPS, but had the Harmon-Karon sound system. My C300 has the opt 2, which has a cheaper sound system but is beautifully styled and the Blue-tooth operating system and no GPS and H-K sound system. I am kicking myself every day I drive it because of the poor sound system. There were no opts to have the H-K and no GPS. The Nav and Blue tooth systems are out dated (2yrs behind) and the Blue-Tooth won't download properly from the new Razor phones, aaaggg! Mercedes needs to be more in-tuned with their American buyers. For a state-of-art car, please have more opts to feed our hunger for the finer equipment. Word to the wise, buy opt 3, so what if the GPS, nav system is older than what's on the current market, you will love the stereo system. All-in-All, I do love my Benz w/ the 18" AMG rims and leather interior..............See you all down the road, enjoy!"

The best first car ever!

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2008

"I just recently got my C300 and i love it! It is my first car and I have only one word to describe it awesome! It has the best ride ever smooth and can really handle the landscape of the area i live in which is really rocky and hilly...love the interior and the panorama sunroof.....oh and how can i forget the navigation system which is a lifesaver whenever i get lost...audio system is amazing..I love the color i got it which is bright red it really stands out in traffic!"

A lot of car for the money!

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun and reliable."

Cons: "Could use a remote start."

"This is the best combination of sport handling and performance for the climate I live in that I've ever owned. Previously had an Audi A4 and a Nissan Altima. No comparison to the MB."

Rides well, handles well, has a VERY small turning

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "handling, turning, ride, comfortable seats/mileage"

Cons: "nothing"

"Great for long trips, extremely comfortable seats, excellent braking and an xcellent safety rating. I often get 31/32 mph on the road. This is my second one and we kept the 1999 model as well."

luxury and power

By on Sunday, December 25, 2011

Pros: "ride"

Cons: "would like bigger interior"

"luxury and power"

Good Car

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

"Road Noise"

Everything I wanted in a car and more

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive and it looks so sharp on the road."

Cons: "Center cup-holders chip around the edges."

"This car has been everything I could have asked for. It lived up to its name and I enjoy driving it every day."