2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Based on 305 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

2008 C300

By on Sunday, September 05, 2010

"The handling doesn't compare to a 3 series BMW but overall the car has good acceleration, above average handling and very good fuel economy (avg 23 mpg mixed city/highway). The sound system is good but the navigation is terrible. The American and Japanese manufacturers do a much better job with Navigation. The sheet metal is paper thin and subject to surface dents. The car is also overpriced at $43k."

By on Thursday, August 19, 2010

"Wonderful car. My last Mercedes was a C230 Compressor and this car far surpasses the C230. It is a solid, comfortable, great handling and looking car."

MB C350

By on Friday, July 16, 2010

"Purchased C350 sport, previous vehicle was 2004 Lexus E330. Lexus ride was too soft. C350 is bit stiff and bumpy ride when driving slow speed under 30 miles ph. fairly good acceleration and good handling on high speed. Back seat leg room needs to expand few more inches and trunk space is smaller than E330. I don’t like the location of speed control. Pasted three years, I have not yet to experience any mechanical problem."

Best mercedes to date

By on Thursday, February 18, 2010

"This car is amazing, Sporty look, extreamly comfortable and full of great options."

Too costly to maintain

By on Sunday, February 14, 2010

"The performance and style of the car is great. It takes curves very smoothly. I got the navigation system, which is great to have. However, it does not update without paying an additional annual fee. Also, the basic maintenance is very expensive. It cost $391 for a basic oil change, including new wipers blades at the dealership. The labor cost more than the parts. Also, I found out that a key replacement can cost $250, after a Hotel valet loss one of my keys. Love the car, but the upkeep is costly."

made a great choice

By on Monday, May 25, 2009

"We could have purchased most any car we wanted and decided on the C class because of its' sportiness, style, versatility, overall value. Also the lease deals made it hard to say no. It was a great choice as the car is very, very sporty, and luxurious and fun. The fold down rear seats make it quite versatile. It gets lots of looks and seems to be a terrific value."

By on Friday, March 20, 2009

"Incredibly fun to drive- great handling and acceleration. Well worth the cost."

By on Saturday, February 07, 2009

By on Saturday, January 24, 2009

Best Vehicle Ive ever had

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"I love this vehicle, it drives great, good gas mileage, and the apperance is outstanding."

C300 Sport

By on Sunday, January 04, 2009

"My 2nd MB, (2004 C230 komp)l Love the way it looks and handles, a bit short on power(could have uped to 350) but not worth extra $$$. Would have liked a trunk pass-thru and compass. Love the drive and MB name and dealer treatment is top notch"

Hot Car!

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2008

"I love the way it handles, really holds the turns, and accelerates uphill quickly.Not to mention it looks great. I get compliments on it all the time. Fun to drive!"

C350

By on Saturday, October 18, 2008

"Owned one for about a year now... have no complaints.. everything perfect about this car however, the handling could have been a little better, especially when driving hard.. but besides that, everything is near flawless."

Great Value for the Price

By on Thursday, September 25, 2008

"A little background on my decision to go Mercedes...I really like the way German cars handle and had owned a VW Passat before. I wanted a second Passat but didn't like the styling for the 2008s. The MB C300 provided a great value compared t0 the BMW and VW. Would I do it again? Probably. It seems like the new C class is a vast improvement over the old 4-cylinder C230s. It's GREAT on a long road trip and a blast to drive. The 7-speed automatic offers two modes - Comfort or Sport and the option to drive it as a stick, which is also great fun. If you like to drive, you'll love this car!! The more I drive it, the more I like it."

Nice car

By on Friday, August 08, 2008

"Quality is very good. I owned my C300 for one year. Everything is very good!"

My First Merc.

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"This is my first german car superb, excellent car solid ride the best it's a Merc."

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"This is my 2nd Mercedes Benz, my other car is a c230 kompressor. Both very nice cars but if I were to compare- this definitely has very good handles and is a very comfortable ride. I wish I had gotten the full package! All I'm missing is the split folding rear seats, navigation and a panoramic sunroof (which my 230 has) arrgh! Great Car....Great investment! I would definitely recommend this!"

By on Sunday, June 01, 2008

"Great looks and performance. And, its a Mercedes-Benz, the world's standard for luxury cars."

Questionable Eletrical

By on Friday, May 13, 2011

"I bought this car new in May 08. It has been pretty realiable except for the eletrical issues that it has. I have had it in the shop several times for headlights and taillights that tend to burn out often. One time they had to reset the computer twice to get it to clear. At 20000 miles the sensor on the camshaft had to be replaced but that is the only mechanical isssue. It has 66000 on it now, every once in a while the check engine light will come on for a couple of days. The gas mileage runs around 23 mix driving but has got 28 on the highway constantly on long trips."

A Very Solid Vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "See above"

"This has been a wonderful car so far. I've owned quite a few cars, and so far this is the most comfortable ride yet, and I own the Sport version. Here is a list of pluses and minus for the C300 sedan: Pros: - Great handling and ride comfort - Decent acceleration in "S" mode, not so much in "E". - Excellent navigation with intuitive controls - Command system is awesome - Very solidly built....you'll know it the minute you close the door. Nothing rattles in this car. - Real mileage exceeds EPA estimates! I get 27 on the highway and 21 in city driving. Are you listening Acura!?! I say this because my MDX is supposed to be 21/17 and it gets 14 to 15 mpg in real driving. - I like the MB-Tex seats. Looks just like leather, but more durable. - It is a nice looking car - Holds value - Fantastic back seat headroom Cons: - Cheap looking halogen REFLECTOR headlights standard. This is ridiculous, almost every car at least has halogen projectors....it's 2012! Save yourself some headaches and get the lighting package for $1,200. MB quotes $5,000 to do an OEM HID retrofit after the fact. - Heated seats are optional....come on! - Back doors don't open to full 90 degrees - Not much back seat leg room - Non-HK stereo isn't very good - V6 is a little weak, with noticeable throttle lag in "E" mode All in all, I've very pleased with my new MB and selected it over an S60, BMW 3 and 2013 Ford Fusion (yes, it's a cool car, but still a Ford)."

Great Car - Great Buy

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Great looking car, good performance, dependable"

Cons: "Expensive maintenance"

"Leased this as a new car and then purchased after the lease. It kept its value way better than expected and I have had zero issues with it mechanically. I really see no reason to get a newer model as this one has nearly everything I need. Performance is good, look is great, and it is a solid car. The only negatives would be the cost of maintenance and the premium gas, but I was aware of that when I got it. Would definitely recommend."

Sublime

By on Sunday, October 19, 2008

"You can undoubtedly get more bells & whistles in other cars for comparable money, but for pure driving? Nothing comes close. This car is so well-engineered and at this price point, one that makes me grin every time I drive it. Corners like glue, quiet as a mouse, comfortable as an old pillow. I highly recommend. If you like to drive and don't want to break the bank, you'll love this car."

This car Rocks!!! 5 Years and still LOVE IT!!

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "Great Price to Value, Limited Repairs, Fun Car!!"

Cons: "High Maint Costs and Paint Chips Easily."

"I've owned this M-Benz C-300 for going on 5 years now and drive a lot. 156,000 miles to be exact. Lot's of Highway and am still getting 32 MPG. Still working on the Original Factory Brakes also. They simply won't wear out. Only problem was at 150K I had a leak around my oil cooler. I didn't have to but I chose to have it replaced. Service is somewhat expensive but if you're going to own a Mercedes, suck it up. Interior is plush, comfortable, easy to clean and wears like Iron!! Survives grandkids and dogs. Engine is spunky and the car handles like a dream going throught he NC mountains. Really fun to drive. I love it and will likely hang on to it just to see how many miles I can get out of it."

Great car!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Solid and reliable, blast to drive!"

"4matic is great, good mileage and reliability, still a head turner. Tires at 65K brake pads at 95K. Quiet and comfortable."

comfort and safe

By on Thursday, January 13, 2011

"I just got this car a few weeks ago. It was certified used wit 24k miles on it. The car drives like you would expect a MB to drive; smooth with great control. Because of the all wheel drive 4matic option you cant even feel when the car shifts! its like driving on a flying carpet its so smooth. The power is decent with 228HP and a sport mode option that allows you to drive at hire rpm. In the snow this car is very safe. I decided to drift the car in the snow (in a safe place where there are NO other cars and NO people) and the technology of the 4matic option and the ESP braking system is AMAZING!!! the car would not let me drift! The technology is so good that it braking system adjusts braking pressure to the tire that is out of control and corrects the speed of the other tires to put the car back in my control. Its so funny how you can feel a car the has a BRAIN! It basically catches itself. I was blown away. Even driving it on the snowy road was amazing, and going up a snowy hill was no problem! I am very pleased with my purchase and definitely got my moneys worth... the only thing to see now is how much maintenance will cost when it is due :( and averaging 20MPG in Washington DC traffic how much I will pay for a month on gas :( This car is definitely a bang for your buck if you're looking for comfort, style, and performance!"