2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Based on 310 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

made a great choice

By on Monday, May 25, 2009

"We could have purchased most any car we wanted and decided on the C class because of its' sportiness, style, versatility, overall value. Also the lease deals made it hard to say no. It was a great choice as the car is very, very sporty, and luxurious and fun. The fold down rear seats make it quite versatile. It gets lots of looks and seems to be a terrific value."

By on Friday, March 20, 2009

"Incredibly fun to drive- great handling and acceleration. Well worth the cost."

By on Saturday, February 07, 2009

By on Saturday, January 24, 2009

Best Vehicle Ive ever had

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"I love this vehicle, it drives great, good gas mileage, and the apperance is outstanding."

C300 Sport

By on Sunday, January 04, 2009

"My 2nd MB, (2004 C230 komp)l Love the way it looks and handles, a bit short on power(could have uped to 350) but not worth extra $$$. Would have liked a trunk pass-thru and compass. Love the drive and MB name and dealer treatment is top notch"

Hot Car!

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2008

"I love the way it handles, really holds the turns, and accelerates uphill quickly.Not to mention it looks great. I get compliments on it all the time. Fun to drive!"

C350

By on Saturday, October 18, 2008

"Owned one for about a year now... have no complaints.. everything perfect about this car however, the handling could have been a little better, especially when driving hard.. but besides that, everything is near flawless."

Great Value for the Price

By on Thursday, September 25, 2008

"A little background on my decision to go Mercedes...I really like the way German cars handle and had owned a VW Passat before. I wanted a second Passat but didn't like the styling for the 2008s. The MB C300 provided a great value compared t0 the BMW and VW. Would I do it again? Probably. It seems like the new C class is a vast improvement over the old 4-cylinder C230s. It's GREAT on a long road trip and a blast to drive. The 7-speed automatic offers two modes - Comfort or Sport and the option to drive it as a stick, which is also great fun. If you like to drive, you'll love this car!! The more I drive it, the more I like it."

Nice car

By on Friday, August 08, 2008

"Quality is very good. I owned my C300 for one year. Everything is very good!"

My First Merc.

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"This is my first german car superb, excellent car solid ride the best it's a Merc."

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"This is my 2nd Mercedes Benz, my other car is a c230 kompressor. Both very nice cars but if I were to compare- this definitely has very good handles and is a very comfortable ride. I wish I had gotten the full package! All I'm missing is the split folding rear seats, navigation and a panoramic sunroof (which my 230 has) arrgh! Great Car....Great investment! I would definitely recommend this!"

By on Sunday, June 01, 2008

"Great looks and performance. And, its a Mercedes-Benz, the world's standard for luxury cars."

Questionable Eletrical

By on Friday, May 13, 2011

"I bought this car new in May 08. It has been pretty realiable except for the eletrical issues that it has. I have had it in the shop several times for headlights and taillights that tend to burn out often. One time they had to reset the computer twice to get it to clear. At 20000 miles the sensor on the camshaft had to be replaced but that is the only mechanical isssue. It has 66000 on it now, every once in a while the check engine light will come on for a couple of days. The gas mileage runs around 23 mix driving but has got 28 on the highway constantly on long trips."

A Very Solid Vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "See above"

"This has been a wonderful car so far. I've owned quite a few cars, and so far this is the most comfortable ride yet, and I own the Sport version. Here is a list of pluses and minus for the C300 sedan: Pros: - Great handling and ride comfort - Decent acceleration in "S" mode, not so much in "E". - Excellent navigation with intuitive controls - Command system is awesome - Very solidly built....you'll know it the minute you close the door. Nothing rattles in this car. - Real mileage exceeds EPA estimates! I get 27 on the highway and 21 in city driving. Are you listening Acura!?! I say this because my MDX is supposed to be 21/17 and it gets 14 to 15 mpg in real driving. - I like the MB-Tex seats. Looks just like leather, but more durable. - It is a nice looking car - Holds value - Fantastic back seat headroom Cons: - Cheap looking halogen REFLECTOR headlights standard. This is ridiculous, almost every car at least has halogen projectors....it's 2012! Save yourself some headaches and get the lighting package for $1,200. MB quotes $5,000 to do an OEM HID retrofit after the fact. - Heated seats are optional....come on! - Back doors don't open to full 90 degrees - Not much back seat leg room - Non-HK stereo isn't very good - V6 is a little weak, with noticeable throttle lag in "E" mode All in all, I've very pleased with my new MB and selected it over an S60, BMW 3 and 2013 Ford Fusion (yes, it's a cool car, but still a Ford)."

Great Car - Great Buy

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Great looking car, good performance, dependable"

Cons: "Expensive maintenance"

"Leased this as a new car and then purchased after the lease. It kept its value way better than expected and I have had zero issues with it mechanically. I really see no reason to get a newer model as this one has nearly everything I need. Performance is good, look is great, and it is a solid car. The only negatives would be the cost of maintenance and the premium gas, but I was aware of that when I got it. Would definitely recommend."

Sublime

By on Sunday, October 19, 2008

"You can undoubtedly get more bells & whistles in other cars for comparable money, but for pure driving? Nothing comes close. This car is so well-engineered and at this price point, one that makes me grin every time I drive it. Corners like glue, quiet as a mouse, comfortable as an old pillow. I highly recommend. If you like to drive and don't want to break the bank, you'll love this car."

This car Rocks!!! 5 Years and still LOVE IT!!

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "Great Price to Value, Limited Repairs, Fun Car!!"

Cons: "High Maint Costs and Paint Chips Easily."

"I've owned this M-Benz C-300 for going on 5 years now and drive a lot. 156,000 miles to be exact. Lot's of Highway and am still getting 32 MPG. Still working on the Original Factory Brakes also. They simply won't wear out. Only problem was at 150K I had a leak around my oil cooler. I didn't have to but I chose to have it replaced. Service is somewhat expensive but if you're going to own a Mercedes, suck it up. Interior is plush, comfortable, easy to clean and wears like Iron!! Survives grandkids and dogs. Engine is spunky and the car handles like a dream going throught he NC mountains. Really fun to drive. I love it and will likely hang on to it just to see how many miles I can get out of it."

Great car!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Solid and reliable, blast to drive!"

"4matic is great, good mileage and reliability, still a head turner. Tires at 65K brake pads at 95K. Quiet and comfortable."

comfort and safe

By on Thursday, January 13, 2011

"I just got this car a few weeks ago. It was certified used wit 24k miles on it. The car drives like you would expect a MB to drive; smooth with great control. Because of the all wheel drive 4matic option you cant even feel when the car shifts! its like driving on a flying carpet its so smooth. The power is decent with 228HP and a sport mode option that allows you to drive at hire rpm. In the snow this car is very safe. I decided to drift the car in the snow (in a safe place where there are NO other cars and NO people) and the technology of the 4matic option and the ESP braking system is AMAZING!!! the car would not let me drift! The technology is so good that it braking system adjusts braking pressure to the tire that is out of control and corrects the speed of the other tires to put the car back in my control. Its so funny how you can feel a car the has a BRAIN! It basically catches itself. I was blown away. Even driving it on the snowy road was amazing, and going up a snowy hill was no problem! I am very pleased with my purchase and definitely got my moneys worth... the only thing to see now is how much maintenance will cost when it is due :( and averaging 20MPG in Washington DC traffic how much I will pay for a month on gas :( This car is definitely a bang for your buck if you're looking for comfort, style, and performance!"

I feel very classy when driving down th eroad

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "very expensive to have serviced"

"Just had it serviced, was not really happy with the cost."

This baby rocks

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Not cheap among its competitors"

Cons: "Blinker handle tough and noisy"

"I cannot say much for this car for I have only owned it for a few weeks but so far so good. I should stop here but this car deserves a few pointers you should know. What I love about this car is breaking, acceleration, and handling. Reviews are based on bias-sism for lack of a dictionary word (what if the reviewer hates German products? So having said that let me continue…. The interior is elegant. I call it a tuxedo friendly car. I have the wood trim package and options floor models wish they had! The night interior illumination is beautiful (Dashboards sell!) I also love the speed handle (shaft knob) it is rock solid! And no interior noises of rattle etc. Ok so here is what I don’t like, and for this reason I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars. One, the button to open the center console is too far back. You almost have to keep your eyes off the road to find it as you move to the side to make room for your hand. The car feels weightless. Very light. The front passenger door frame, at the bottom, where vertical frame meets floor, is velvet material… how can you keep it clean from dirty shoes? You cant – a total pain. I am constantly watching my feet when I get in to try not to make contact or that is it. This should be of heavy duty rubber elegant lining. Something washable don’t you think? The blinkers are rough and noisy. The speed control is in the wrong place, right below the left blinker handle. Click..oops? What else? Let me drive it for a year and I will tell you why am not selling it! so far it’s a keeper! Love it."

Very Satisfied

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Exterior Styling. Great ride. NAV"

"I bought this car used a few weeks ago and overall am very happy with it. I feel very fortunate to be able to afford this car at my age. It has a great exterior design (much better then the 01-07's). The multi-media package is great, much better then our 09 Infiniti's (imo). Although the best part of the car has to be the ride. Even with the "sport" model, the suspension is very compliant. No bumps really disturb the body, and few make a large presence known from inside the cabin. The only complaints I have has got to be the handling characteristics. The car feels great when not pushing hard, with very minimal body roll (less then a 335xi I had looked at). The problem is the steering that is very numb on feel, but non-the less quick. Also, when pushing around a corner the front tires almost feel as though the are hydroplaning on a dry surface. The understeer is rather bad when pushed. I think most of the problem is the Michelin pilot sport a/s tires. Coming from a Cooper S the power is fine, with great mid-range torque, but a little more would be nice. The car is not close to the BMW in steering feel or power, but I like the feel of the car much better on a day to day basis over the 335xi. ALthough the interior is a bit plasticy, I like the look much better then the BMW, which is rather boring and cold. MPG is great 23-25 in city driving so far. Overall I love the car, but now want a more dedicated performance car. I think I will keep this car for winters and in a few years buy a used C63 :)"

Great car!!

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Solid, reliable and great looking"

Cons: "interior is a bit plain"

"Excellent car. Bought car with 17k mileage and have had zero issues with the car for the last 40k miles. Diamond white is beautiful. The interior is a bit plain, but overall a very classy car for the price."

2012 C250 Coupe - My wife and I just love it!

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

Pros: "Style, equipment, performance, gas mileage."

Cons: "I wish the reaview camera was standard."

"This is our 3rd Mercedes and we just love it. I do not get tired od looking at it. Great styling, beautiful sporty interior and the new 1.8L tubo, 4 cylinger engine has a lot of punch! This is probably the best car we ever owned."