2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Based on 299 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Very Satisfied

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Exterior Styling. Great ride. NAV"

"I bought this car used a few weeks ago and overall am very happy with it. I feel very fortunate to be able to afford this car at my age. It has a great exterior design (much better then the 01-07's). The multi-media package is great, much better then our 09 Infiniti's (imo). Although the best part of the car has to be the ride. Even with the "sport" model, the suspension is very compliant. No bumps really disturb the body, and few make a large presence known from inside the cabin. The only complaints I have has got to be the handling characteristics. The car feels great when not pushing hard, with very minimal body roll (less then a 335xi I had looked at). The problem is the steering that is very numb on feel, but non-the less quick. Also, when pushing around a corner the front tires almost feel as though the are hydroplaning on a dry surface. The understeer is rather bad when pushed. I think most of the problem is the Michelin pilot sport a/s tires. Coming from a Cooper S the power is fine, with great mid-range torque, but a little more would be nice. The car is not close to the BMW in steering feel or power, but I like the feel of the car much better on a day to day basis over the 335xi. ALthough the interior is a bit plasticy, I like the look much better then the BMW, which is rather boring and cold. MPG is great 23-25 in city driving so far. Overall I love the car, but now want a more dedicated performance car. I think I will keep this car for winters and in a few years buy a used C63 :)"

Great car!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Solid and reliable, blast to drive!"

"4matic is great, good mileage and reliability, still a head turner. Tires at 65K brake pads at 95K. Quiet and comfortable."

mercedes c-class

By on Friday, November 27, 2009

"Drives like a car costing TWICE and much as it did. Choose over BMW 3-series because car had more character and the BMW interior look CHEAP. Great automobile for the money but been VERY disappointment with the paint."

Very nice looking.

By on Friday, August 29, 2008

"Very nice in every way but the two rear door knobs broke off and to replace them the door panel has to come off."

4 years of pure joy

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "maintenance costs can be high."

"I bought this car new in Oct 2009. 4 years later, it hasn't missed a beat and we have had no problems with it. Very smooth & quiet ride. Well built!"