2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

8.2

Based on 824 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Very nice car

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Dealer maintenance costs"

"I never had an import until I bought my 2003 C320 when it was 5 yrs old with 93k miles. Now have ~155k on it. My car had previously been owned by 2 women and I suspect that the second owner was scared into selling it by dealer maintenance cost shock. MB dealers treat you as if you have money to burn. I did a brake job and corrected some minor wiring issues with a few dollars worth of parts. Since then, the only thing that has gone wrong is that the rear sunshade will not retract and the oil level sensor failed. The car handles well, rides well, accelerates at least adequately, and is very comfortable. It is handy to be able to do some of your own maintenance to avoid stealership prices. Oil changes don't require you to get under the vehicle. Brakes and plugs are far easier than a Chevy truck. The car is assembled like a swiss watch. There really is something to be said for German engineerng."

Great car, handles excellent... Repairs $$$

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, sleek its a MBZ"

Cons: "Repairs and tires $$$$"

"We have had this car for almost 10years, driven it hard and put a lot of commute miles on it. My only complaint is after getting 8-9 years old things start to break and repairs are expensive.. fan belt pulley tensioner, rear window screen, passenger door handle, mass air flow sensor, wiper washer reservoir,all after about 7 years old. I highly recommend a one time wheel alignment contract with your favorite repair shop front alignment goes out a lot...I have a son who is a auto mechanic and he saved me lots of money on service fees and when things needed work to be done. I do not like the tires being front and back specific they can not be rotated so tire costs are high over the life time. With that said Benny has been a great car. I would recommend Mercedes C-class to any new MBZ newby but be ready to afford what you are buying."

Bought it w/ 90K, won't give it up with 190K !!!

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "looks, overall pwr, AWD, heated seats, sound syst"

Cons: "front cup holder(s), console nooks and crannies"

"I purchased my 2003 Mercedes C240 4-Matic in 2010 with just under 90,000 miles on it. I paid $12,000 for it, which may have been a bit high, but the dealer helped me out of a car I was upside-down on. The Mercedes is just about to hit 200,000. I will own this car forever. As has been said in other reviews, you'll spend $300 to $1000 a year to have it repaired, BUT--it you're without a car payment at all (as most 2003 owners would be, one way or another), even $1,500 a year (for this car) is peanuts! This is a fantastic car. the 4-Matic all-wheel-drive system takes me where four-wheel trucks will not go, and I have a 4-wheel truck to compare it to. I get roughly 30 mpg on the highway, and 24-25 mpg in the city. It doesn't have the snappiest 6-cyl engine on the planet, but it whispers at 100 mph, and sounds, feels and drives like a much larger car at all times. If this car died today, I'd be looking for another--with 100,000 miles on it. I'm not paid to extol the virtues of this car...I'm just a guy who loves his little Mercedes sedan."

I LOVE this car!

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, perfect size"

Cons: "Not cheap to maintain, but very little maint req"

"I have owned my C230 for 6 years and haven't found anything else that I would even consider driving. This has been a fabulous and FUN car. My only complaints are cosmetic. I have had to replace the interior front door handles on both the driver and passenger side, the cd player has been fixed 2 or 3 times, and the driver's window motor broke. The replacements are not inexpensive, but I would still recommend this car, and it's value."

I love this car. Best car ever!

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

Pros: "Everything. The ultimate dream car"

Cons: "Repair costs"

"The more I drive this car the better it gets. It has somehow learned the best interior setting for my personal comfort. I do believe it is the best car on the market! A true joy to drive. If there any negatives, I would have to say that you have to pay for such a great car when it comes to repairs. Even oil change prices shocked me. Now that I no longer employed and disabled I am afraid that I may have to sell it. It's in great shape now but have just been told that it will need brakes eventually. My heart is broken but I hope the next owner appreciates what he/she has...the greatest car I have EVER owned!!!"

I've had this car 7 years and still LOVE it!

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "Drives great & great styling."

Cons: "Seat sits a little low even if you move it up."

"This car drives like a dream with a responsive feel. I purchased mine new in 2006 and still have it. It gets good gas mileage 21 city and up to 28-29 on highway. Mine is silver w/black interior and it is still beautiful."

excellent car

By on Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"I just have to say my 05 230 Sport Sedan is the most economical car I have ever owned. Insurance is cheaper, gas mileage is exceptional 32+ on the hwy and I always have people ask me about the car or thumbs up as I drive by-even though it is 4 years old! I have 57,000 miles on it now and will drive it over 100,000. It has been a stunning car from day one. Why they do not import the 1.8 supercharged engine anymore-not sure. It definitely beats any other luxury sedan in MPG and has great performance. Snow is no problem with Blizzak tires! If you can find one-BUY IT! You will not be disappointed!"

awesome

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "just excellent"

Cons: "a little small now that we have 2 grandchildren"

"110,000 miles and the only breakdown has been a flat tire. There is 1 complaint and that is the front brakes throw off a lot of break dust so the wheels look dirty even when the rest of the car looks clean."

Pretty good car, some cheap plastic parts

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

"Great car, very reliable, maintenance is not very expensive since it does not need it as frequently as other cars. There are some plastic parts (door handles, cup holders) that are poorly made and have broken from regular use. Considering the price of the car and reputation of the company, I would have expected the interior door handles (all 4 front and back) to not BREAK within the first 5 years of the cars life....But everything else is pretty great."

So incredibly reliable

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "a nice, busy, 189bhp engine which is very reliable"

Cons: "maintenance costs"

"Very reliable which is great considering how much repairing german cars can cost. I have absolutely no complaints about this car, the steer might be a little heavier than i would want in a perfect world but the wheel provides a great deal of feedback from the tires. The engine, a small inline 4 produces a very respectable 189 bhp and a similar torque number is great and supercharged! i would have loved a bit more power but the fuel economy i get from this engine keeps me from giving in to what would have been my only complaint on the car."