2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

8.2

Based on 822 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

2005 C240 4matic sedan Silver/Black

By on Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Bought this car with 86K miles on it. Very nervous about cost of ownership at first but this car has driven like a dream for the 3 months I have owned it. Had to replace outside ambient air temp sensor ($15) installed myself. Not really the cars fault, sensor sticks out of front bumper and is right in the path of any stones that are picked up. Averaging around 20-22 mpg. This car is built very solid and the ride quaility is amazing. 4matic is a drean on wet roads, almost impossible to hydroplane. You just feel safe in it. Acceleration is nothing to brag about, my old RSX/S would have killed it but who cares! Performance on the highway is more than adequate. After reading several reviews I would recommend this model to anyone, BUT take your car on a long test drive and put it through its paces before you buy it so any hidden faults will show themselves. Stayed clear of the 01-04 C-class due to reported reliability issues plus I prefer the post-facelift interior. I also liked the light color gray interior at first, but opted for black because I have read several places the light interior is a pain to keep clean."

so-so

By on Monday, August 10, 2009

"I bought this car 1.5 years ago from original owner keeped all maintance up to date. I dont drive it much (82,600 miles) started dying on me, changed battery,died again, changed seat modules, died again, changed sunroof modules same thing, I checked mercedezbenz forum, read lot's of complaints w/same issue (electrical). Nice but if you don't have $ for this type of car I would not recommended it, also good in gas."

never again

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Stay away of the C class. I have owned a 01 C320 for 2 yrs and had nothing but problems. I have replaced the alternator, starter sensors, and had to have the codes cleared by the dealer many times. Now it is at the dealer needing a $2700 transmission repair. Mercedes does a fine job of over complicating its cars not to mention the outrageous cost of service. You will get the looks but its not worth the cost of keeping it on the road."

C-230 Sport

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2008

"This is our first Benz and so far we love it. the car handles GREAT! it corners very nicely for weighing almost 4K pounds.. The craftsmen ship is very good. every thing is sealed and covered in the engine bay makes keeping the enigne bay spotless very easy. I really like the brakes. This car stops on a dime. it has vented front disc brakes with huge calipars on the front and rear discs. I love the fact the put the AMG body kit on the sport C-230 it really give it an edgy look. There are only a few things that I don't like about this car. The first is the car is a little under powered. The C-230 sport has a V6 that puts out 209hp with 187ibs of torque. The other thing I dont like about this car is the constant cleaning that needs to be done to the front rims from all the brake dust that is generated. I have to clean the rims every other day to keep the car looking clean. other than that I highly recommend this car to anybody I am 6ft 4 in and fit comfortably. I hope this helps who ever reads this"

Worst Benz Ever

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Be Prepaired to replace tires every 10 to 12K , In any of the sport models you cannot rotate the tires therfore they wear out very fast, Brakes and Rotors must be replaced every 30,000 miles on the sport model, that will set you back at least $1,500.00 unless you can fine a "Good Ole Boy " to do it for you in their own garage but will only save ya about 400.00, The Car's metal is cheap as well as the paint, Dents and chips very easily, I was shocked this is my 3rd Benz and this was the worst. Mercedes Benz has really cheapened the way they produce automobiles, You are better off buying a Ford or Chevy...At least you know what you are getting."

Excellent Ride

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"Love my Mercedes. I bought it used and it's been about 8 months and I have no complaints. Fun to drive and pretty classy."

I love this car!

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "not cheep to maintain"

"It is a sports car in a soccer mom's body. Handles great with plenty of get-up and go power. I love all the extras and the sound system is the best I have ever heard in a factory install. I have owned mine for almost 3 years and I plan on keeping it for years to come."

Quick,quality,relaible, luxurious and comfortable

By on Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pros: "Really fun to drive. So much less $$$"

Cons: "She needs premium fuel"

"Quality German engineering in a smaller package. Quick as can be - extremely comfortable with none of the luxuries of the larger cars left out. Great in corners and on long highway trips. Never get tired of driving her. From climate control to cruise control to the moon roof and stereo, the car operates as a luxury auto should. Very smooth and quiet. Operating costs a bit higher with premium gas and an average of city/hwy fuel consumption a real 25 mpg. Remember - this is the BIG engine with lots of horses. Don't let the outside size fool you. Very comfortable for 4 people and a good sized trunk. Unless you need or want the larger E or S class - this size car really fills the bill. You will not be disappointed!"

Great value, fun to drive

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "Awesome handling."

Cons: "Tire burner"

"We bought this 2004 car in 2008 in anticipation duaghter driving it. My wife decided to drive it instead and gave her car to my daughter to drive. When I finally gave it to ny daughter, she immediately fell in love with the car. It's fun to drive, economical, can jump when you push it, and rides smooth at autobahn speeds. Been reliable, runs great - biggest downside: we have the sport model (which is like driving on rails) but the low-profile, high performance tires we kept on that car were not cheap. Upside, better gas mileage than reported."

Great car.

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, 13000 miles between services."

Cons: "When the 13000 miles are up, expect $200.00 bill"

"I did alot of research before making my purchase and found a few negative issues which seemed to occur in regaurds to the car. Of these the only one I have experienced was the interior handle on the driverside door breaking loose. I fixed it myself. I average 25.5-28 mpg depending on the time of year and how agressive I feel like driving. I drive 29 miles to and from work every day and to the gym 18 miles each way three times a week for an average of 398 miles. To do this on one tank or less of fuel is important to me. I also have ran the car with midgrade fuel and never had a problem 50,000 miles without any so far. I love this car and would reccomend it to anyone who wants a sporty car with all the comforts of a Benz, and in my oopinion also gets above average gas milage."

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, great perfromance, fun to drive"

Cons: "no diesel"

"Kudo's in every aspect, best car I have ever owned! Only two problems in 6 years.....moisture in connector and fluid leak, both repaired under warranty. Wish a diesel was available in the C class."

Need deep pockets...

By on Saturday, May 14, 2011

"In some ways I have loved my C230 Kompressor, but hated it in other ways. The engine/motor, transmission, etc., are brilliant! The car looks and drives great. Mercedes really skimped on quality though. While I love the car, I must say I have also been very disappointed in the quality. I've had to have the sunroof fixed twice, and it is broken again. The A/C has gone out twice, and and is far too overpriced to be worth fixing a second time. Everything on the interior (all cheap little plastic bits), such as window switches and parts of door panels, is either broken, or breaking. Nothing about this car is at all a reasonable expense to fix or replace. That said, the most important parts are still solid German Engineering genius, and have given me no major problems at all. It is such a joy and pleasure to drive (except in muggy Florida summer with no A/C)."

great performance but lots going wrong

By on Sunday, August 01, 2010

"Many thing have gone wrong with this car over the years that I would never have expected based on my Infiniti and Toyota. Replacing lights is a monthly routine. The electrical system shorts easily and drains the battery. Many of the interior trim components have cracked , broken and/ot fallen off, (Geershift shroud, specker covers, pop up cup holder, AM reception) Brake and tire replacement are about twice what is required on my other cars (not to mention the excessive brake dust) Recently the AC and sunroof have stopped working. This is all par for the course with this car. On the plus side the engine power and handling have been excellent. Overall, if this is what all Mercedes are like then I wouldn't get one."

Electronic problems

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"Suprisingly good gas mileage for a fairly high-performance car. Very comfortable and quiet. Has had problems with electronics since day-1. Still running well after 8 years and 140,000 miles."

Great car

By on Monday, June 23, 2008

"THIS AUTOMOBILE has all the E-Class bells and whistles but in a more managable size. Gets 30 mpg on the highway and 18 in city driving, solid as a bank vault."

Great Preformer

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"Great performance with luxury. V8 performance with V6 fuel economy. However, more than average repairs to costly items. Supercharger replaced at 95,000 miles( bad front bearing that can't be replaced separately) --cost over $4000. A/C evaporator bad at 130,000 miles. will cost $3500 to replace ( need to remove entire dash to get to !) Side marker bulbs burn out regularily."

C230K Sport coupe - love it!

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"I have owned this car for 5.5 years and put over 100K miles on it. I love driving it - it is sporty, fast, and well built, and the gas mileage is good (reliably 25 mpg mixed highway/city with steep hills). The climate control panel was replaced under warranty when I first got it, otherwise no major issues. The tires do need to be replaced about every 35K miles (I'm on my 3rd set), but my original brakes were good for over 65K miles ($1800 for a brake job, ouch). Minor issues that have cropped up: (1) the auto up on the windows sometimes stops working for a while, then comes back, (2) around 85K miles the hatch release wire got loose and I couldn't open the hatch from the outside, (3) around 92K miles the driver's side lock got out of whack and wouldn't open with the remote (fixed under warranty). I would love this car even more if it were FWD, had a hand emergency brake, and had auto-close on the sunroof. Otherwise I wouldn't change a thing!"

If you live in Snow...you've got to own this car..

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"This was our 1st MB, but definitely not our last. We have had this 2005 MB C320 4matic for 3 years now ---excellent vehicle and dealer service is superb. Last Valentine's Day in NE PA all the Interstate's were closed down; we drove 2 hours on a closed unplowed and unsalted I-81 to Harrisburg airport from Wilkes-Barre PA. We were the only vehicle on the road. Most SUV's were getting off the highway as with the winds, they were all over the road. The autumn's in NE PA also can cause slippery roads with the wet falling leaves and wind...no problems as well. I'm 6'-2" so I do get alittle cramped after 4 hours of driving, but overall the car is very comfortable. The car not too shabby to drive on dry pave was well, real fun on a Sunday mornning tour. The only maintenance problem was an oil smell in the car due to a bad o-ring on the oil filler cap; MB service took care of this quickly. It is nice to get a MB loaner for service visits as well. Oh, we get 30 mpg on the highway as well. Great unit for a long term relationship!"

2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan

By on Saturday, September 29, 2007

"Excellent car, haven't had any problems since purchase. I enjoy the zippy, supercharged 4cyl and my only regret is not getting a manual transmission. There is a little bit of lag from the engine; going from a dead stop to full throttle that can be frustrating at times, but overall the engine is extremely free revving with loads of pickup throughout the powerband. When you approach the redline, the power sort of tapers off, but it shifts relatively quick, so keep an eye on what gear you are in! As for the Autostick feature, I found it to be more useful in downshifting than upshifting because the car simply wont allow you to ride first gear in redline at all. Not that you would want to do that but if it approaches the redline in first and you haven't shifted into second yet, it will automatically shift for you. So, if you shift into second shortly after it already performed that function for you, it will go directly to third, thus voiding the functionality of the Autostick altogether. That being said, I like to use it to downshift when I have to brake hard. Perhaps it will extend the life of my brake pads. I have yet to experience the snow with this vehicle and I'm not looking forward to it with rear wheel drive. Luckily I live in colorado and I will be using fully studded snowtires in the upcoming months. The supercharged 4cyl really shines when you drive through the mountains, it feels as if there is no struggle to ascend the steeply graded hills. The sport suspension rips through the sharp, banked corners with very minimal body roll. I am glad I have the 1.8L, 4cyl instead of the 2.3L V6, my weight distribution is much more balanced because my engine weighs 200-300lbs less than the V6. I must say that the high spirited motor and sport tuned suspension work very well together for being a BONE STOCK package from Mercedes. The back seat really isn't suitable for 6 foot adults, probably best left for children, especially if you are over 6ft and driving the vehicle. The driver's seat is capable of nearly touching the backseat when you extend it all the way, thus leaving no room for a passenger behind you. I am absolutely amazed at how quiet the interior is, I can barely hear emergency vehicles pass by with the windows closed. Some people might consider that to be a bad trait, but I am pleased with it. Oil changes (mostly once a year) will run you $100, Alignment is $160, A-Service is about $200 and B-Service is around $350 in the Denver area. I would recommend finding an independent service tech so you can avoid trips to the STEALERship for servicing your vehicle. Most of my reviews are based on things I do not like and so far (for my taste) I have yet to find anything that I truly dislike about this car! Hope this helps some of you who might be researching this car ."

Best car ever !!

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, very soft."

Cons: "No GPS included and no back camera."

"I simply loved it, the way it drives, the steadiness, the comfort, versatile, the perfect power when needed. Not bad on gas quantities."

Bpoght it new in 2002

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Drives grest"

Cons: "has some rust."

"This is my third Mercedes and it still drives great. Just got a newer one and like the 2002 better."

Fabulous car!

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "sporty, classy and fun to drive."

Cons: "poor tire wear"

"Slightly underpowered but a blast to drive. Manual transmission is crisp and has the perfect throws. Consistently 30+ mpg on trips.One ouchy AC compressor replacement but other than that just tires, oil and maintenance. Sport model handles better than most high end sports cars. A wolf in sheeps clothing on the twisty roads."

Sexy

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

"I love this car I bought mine used in 2007. It has held up pretty well, however my car has gotten a lot louder as it has gotten up in mileage. Overall the cars design is sexy and classy. I love the pep the car has and feel great driving it. I would definitely buy another one. Maintenance is expensive but what do you expect its a benz."

Under "9" review is only it's not a BMW.

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "Heavy and safe."

Cons: "None, if one is looking for a well kept 2002 Benz."

"I bought this car, certified pre-owned, in 2004. Being really good about maintaining service for all the years and mileage since...it's been a safe, heavy and reliable car for me. I still love driving a Benz, but I just want to go back to VW. Personal choice. I owned 3 of them before I got the Benz. The VW CC has turned my head. That's my next car."

I love my lil Whitey!

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

Cons: "Maintenance and repairs!"

"I recieved this car 9/12/11 when I was 17. This was my second car. I had just sold my '94 Accord. It was a big come up from that. It's well equipped and very attractive. The maintenance is what hurts me the most. "But it's a Mercedes", you would say, to me, it seems to need something a little too often. The driving experience in this car is great. I love to drive when I'm behind the wheel of my car. MPG is not bad either. I make 21-22 mpg."