2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

8.2

Based on 824 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

so-so

By on Monday, August 10, 2009

"I bought this car 1.5 years ago from original owner keeped all maintance up to date. I dont drive it much (82,600 miles) started dying on me, changed battery,died again, changed seat modules, died again, changed sunroof modules same thing, I checked mercedezbenz forum, read lot's of complaints w/same issue (electrical). Nice but if you don't have $ for this type of car I would not recommended it, also good in gas."

never again

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Stay away of the C class. I have owned a 01 C320 for 2 yrs and had nothing but problems. I have replaced the alternator, starter sensors, and had to have the codes cleared by the dealer many times. Now it is at the dealer needing a $2700 transmission repair. Mercedes does a fine job of over complicating its cars not to mention the outrageous cost of service. You will get the looks but its not worth the cost of keeping it on the road."

C-230 Sport

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2008

"This is our first Benz and so far we love it. the car handles GREAT! it corners very nicely for weighing almost 4K pounds.. The craftsmen ship is very good. every thing is sealed and covered in the engine bay makes keeping the enigne bay spotless very easy. I really like the brakes. This car stops on a dime. it has vented front disc brakes with huge calipars on the front and rear discs. I love the fact the put the AMG body kit on the sport C-230 it really give it an edgy look. There are only a few things that I don't like about this car. The first is the car is a little under powered. The C-230 sport has a V6 that puts out 209hp with 187ibs of torque. The other thing I dont like about this car is the constant cleaning that needs to be done to the front rims from all the brake dust that is generated. I have to clean the rims every other day to keep the car looking clean. other than that I highly recommend this car to anybody I am 6ft 4 in and fit comfortably. I hope this helps who ever reads this"

I love this car!

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "not cheep to maintain"

"It is a sports car in a soccer mom's body. Handles great with plenty of get-up and go power. I love all the extras and the sound system is the best I have ever heard in a factory install. I have owned mine for almost 3 years and I plan on keeping it for years to come."

Quick,quality,relaible, luxurious and comfortable

By on Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pros: "Really fun to drive. So much less $$$"

Cons: "She needs premium fuel"

"Quality German engineering in a smaller package. Quick as can be - extremely comfortable with none of the luxuries of the larger cars left out. Great in corners and on long highway trips. Never get tired of driving her. From climate control to cruise control to the moon roof and stereo, the car operates as a luxury auto should. Very smooth and quiet. Operating costs a bit higher with premium gas and an average of city/hwy fuel consumption a real 25 mpg. Remember - this is the BIG engine with lots of horses. Don't let the outside size fool you. Very comfortable for 4 people and a good sized trunk. Unless you need or want the larger E or S class - this size car really fills the bill. You will not be disappointed!"

Great value, fun to drive

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "Awesome handling."

Cons: "Tire burner"

"We bought this 2004 car in 2008 in anticipation duaghter driving it. My wife decided to drive it instead and gave her car to my daughter to drive. When I finally gave it to ny daughter, she immediately fell in love with the car. It's fun to drive, economical, can jump when you push it, and rides smooth at autobahn speeds. Been reliable, runs great - biggest downside: we have the sport model (which is like driving on rails) but the low-profile, high performance tires we kept on that car were not cheap. Upside, better gas mileage than reported."

Great car.

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, 13000 miles between services."

Cons: "When the 13000 miles are up, expect $200.00 bill"

"I did alot of research before making my purchase and found a few negative issues which seemed to occur in regaurds to the car. Of these the only one I have experienced was the interior handle on the driverside door breaking loose. I fixed it myself. I average 25.5-28 mpg depending on the time of year and how agressive I feel like driving. I drive 29 miles to and from work every day and to the gym 18 miles each way three times a week for an average of 398 miles. To do this on one tank or less of fuel is important to me. I also have ran the car with midgrade fuel and never had a problem 50,000 miles without any so far. I love this car and would reccomend it to anyone who wants a sporty car with all the comforts of a Benz, and in my oopinion also gets above average gas milage."

Need deep pockets...

By on Saturday, May 14, 2011

"In some ways I have loved my C230 Kompressor, but hated it in other ways. The engine/motor, transmission, etc., are brilliant! The car looks and drives great. Mercedes really skimped on quality though. While I love the car, I must say I have also been very disappointed in the quality. I've had to have the sunroof fixed twice, and it is broken again. The A/C has gone out twice, and and is far too overpriced to be worth fixing a second time. Everything on the interior (all cheap little plastic bits), such as window switches and parts of door panels, is either broken, or breaking. Nothing about this car is at all a reasonable expense to fix or replace. That said, the most important parts are still solid German Engineering genius, and have given me no major problems at all. It is such a joy and pleasure to drive (except in muggy Florida summer with no A/C)."

great performance but lots going wrong

By on Sunday, August 01, 2010

"Many thing have gone wrong with this car over the years that I would never have expected based on my Infiniti and Toyota. Replacing lights is a monthly routine. The electrical system shorts easily and drains the battery. Many of the interior trim components have cracked , broken and/ot fallen off, (Geershift shroud, specker covers, pop up cup holder, AM reception) Brake and tire replacement are about twice what is required on my other cars (not to mention the excessive brake dust) Recently the AC and sunroof have stopped working. This is all par for the course with this car. On the plus side the engine power and handling have been excellent. Overall, if this is what all Mercedes are like then I wouldn't get one."

Electronic problems

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"Suprisingly good gas mileage for a fairly high-performance car. Very comfortable and quiet. Has had problems with electronics since day-1. Still running well after 8 years and 140,000 miles."

Great car

By on Monday, June 23, 2008

"THIS AUTOMOBILE has all the E-Class bells and whistles but in a more managable size. Gets 30 mpg on the highway and 18 in city driving, solid as a bank vault."

Great Preformer

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"Great performance with luxury. V8 performance with V6 fuel economy. However, more than average repairs to costly items. Supercharger replaced at 95,000 miles( bad front bearing that can't be replaced separately) --cost over $4000. A/C evaporator bad at 130,000 miles. will cost $3500 to replace ( need to remove entire dash to get to !) Side marker bulbs burn out regularily."

C230K Sport coupe - love it!

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"I have owned this car for 5.5 years and put over 100K miles on it. I love driving it - it is sporty, fast, and well built, and the gas mileage is good (reliably 25 mpg mixed highway/city with steep hills). The climate control panel was replaced under warranty when I first got it, otherwise no major issues. The tires do need to be replaced about every 35K miles (I'm on my 3rd set), but my original brakes were good for over 65K miles ($1800 for a brake job, ouch). Minor issues that have cropped up: (1) the auto up on the windows sometimes stops working for a while, then comes back, (2) around 85K miles the hatch release wire got loose and I couldn't open the hatch from the outside, (3) around 92K miles the driver's side lock got out of whack and wouldn't open with the remote (fixed under warranty). I would love this car even more if it were FWD, had a hand emergency brake, and had auto-close on the sunroof. Otherwise I wouldn't change a thing!"

If you live in Snow...you've got to own this car..

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"This was our 1st MB, but definitely not our last. We have had this 2005 MB C320 4matic for 3 years now ---excellent vehicle and dealer service is superb. Last Valentine's Day in NE PA all the Interstate's were closed down; we drove 2 hours on a closed unplowed and unsalted I-81 to Harrisburg airport from Wilkes-Barre PA. We were the only vehicle on the road. Most SUV's were getting off the highway as with the winds, they were all over the road. The autumn's in NE PA also can cause slippery roads with the wet falling leaves and wind...no problems as well. I'm 6'-2" so I do get alittle cramped after 4 hours of driving, but overall the car is very comfortable. The car not too shabby to drive on dry pave was well, real fun on a Sunday mornning tour. The only maintenance problem was an oil smell in the car due to a bad o-ring on the oil filler cap; MB service took care of this quickly. It is nice to get a MB loaner for service visits as well. Oh, we get 30 mpg on the highway as well. Great unit for a long term relationship!"

2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan

By on Saturday, September 29, 2007

"Excellent car, haven't had any problems since purchase. I enjoy the zippy, supercharged 4cyl and my only regret is not getting a manual transmission. There is a little bit of lag from the engine; going from a dead stop to full throttle that can be frustrating at times, but overall the engine is extremely free revving with loads of pickup throughout the powerband. When you approach the redline, the power sort of tapers off, but it shifts relatively quick, so keep an eye on what gear you are in! As for the Autostick feature, I found it to be more useful in downshifting than upshifting because the car simply wont allow you to ride first gear in redline at all. Not that you would want to do that but if it approaches the redline in first and you haven't shifted into second yet, it will automatically shift for you. So, if you shift into second shortly after it already performed that function for you, it will go directly to third, thus voiding the functionality of the Autostick altogether. That being said, I like to use it to downshift when I have to brake hard. Perhaps it will extend the life of my brake pads. I have yet to experience the snow with this vehicle and I'm not looking forward to it with rear wheel drive. Luckily I live in colorado and I will be using fully studded snowtires in the upcoming months. The supercharged 4cyl really shines when you drive through the mountains, it feels as if there is no struggle to ascend the steeply graded hills. The sport suspension rips through the sharp, banked corners with very minimal body roll. I am glad I have the 1.8L, 4cyl instead of the 2.3L V6, my weight distribution is much more balanced because my engine weighs 200-300lbs less than the V6. I must say that the high spirited motor and sport tuned suspension work very well together for being a BONE STOCK package from Mercedes. The back seat really isn't suitable for 6 foot adults, probably best left for children, especially if you are over 6ft and driving the vehicle. The driver's seat is capable of nearly touching the backseat when you extend it all the way, thus leaving no room for a passenger behind you. I am absolutely amazed at how quiet the interior is, I can barely hear emergency vehicles pass by with the windows closed. Some people might consider that to be a bad trait, but I am pleased with it. Oil changes (mostly once a year) will run you $100, Alignment is $160, A-Service is about $200 and B-Service is around $350 in the Denver area. I would recommend finding an independent service tech so you can avoid trips to the STEALERship for servicing your vehicle. Most of my reviews are based on things I do not like and so far (for my taste) I have yet to find anything that I truly dislike about this car! Hope this helps some of you who might be researching this car ."

Best car ever !!

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, very soft."

Cons: "No GPS included and no back camera."

"I simply loved it, the way it drives, the steadiness, the comfort, versatile, the perfect power when needed. Not bad on gas quantities."

Bpoght it new in 2002

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Drives grest"

Cons: "has some rust."

"This is my third Mercedes and it still drives great. Just got a newer one and like the 2002 better."

Fabulous car!

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "sporty, classy and fun to drive."

Cons: "poor tire wear"

"Slightly underpowered but a blast to drive. Manual transmission is crisp and has the perfect throws. Consistently 30+ mpg on trips.One ouchy AC compressor replacement but other than that just tires, oil and maintenance. Sport model handles better than most high end sports cars. A wolf in sheeps clothing on the twisty roads."

Sexy

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

"I love this car I bought mine used in 2007. It has held up pretty well, however my car has gotten a lot louder as it has gotten up in mileage. Overall the cars design is sexy and classy. I love the pep the car has and feel great driving it. I would definitely buy another one. Maintenance is expensive but what do you expect its a benz."

Under "9" review is only it's not a BMW.

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "Heavy and safe."

Cons: "None, if one is looking for a well kept 2002 Benz."

"I bought this car, certified pre-owned, in 2004. Being really good about maintaining service for all the years and mileage since...it's been a safe, heavy and reliable car for me. I still love driving a Benz, but I just want to go back to VW. Personal choice. I owned 3 of them before I got the Benz. The VW CC has turned my head. That's my next car."

I love my lil Whitey!

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

Cons: "Maintenance and repairs!"

"I recieved this car 9/12/11 when I was 17. This was my second car. I had just sold my '94 Accord. It was a big come up from that. It's well equipped and very attractive. The maintenance is what hurts me the most. "But it's a Mercedes", you would say, to me, it seems to need something a little too often. The driving experience in this car is great. I love to drive when I'm behind the wheel of my car. MPG is not bad either. I make 21-22 mpg."

Great entry level Benz

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Quality of a Benz, the price of a domestic car"

Cons: "fronted too low, easy to hit curb stops."

"Overall this is a great car. a couple of little quirks though. such as the transmission doesn't alway know how to respond. sometimes its sluggish, sometimes its snappy, depending on my recent driving habits. But sometimes there is a need to be snappy and it just doesn't get up and go. I found if I tap the accelerator as if I were double clutching it will go back to being responsive. kinda weird behavior. only other thing that is less than positive is it fogs up pretty easily. fortunately the front defrost will take care of it in a quick hurry. The maintenance cost on this car is not as bad as I expected for it being a Benz. although it costs quite a bit just for an oil change, if you factor in that the recommended changes are 13,000 instead of 3,000 the cost is about the same as other vehicles."

Great car

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, picks up well, comfy"

Cons: "maint. can be expensive, space"

"I really like my car. I have put 100k on it in 4 years and it runs great. Very solid and safe. Hopefully I can put another 100k on it."

champange on a beer budget

By on Saturday, July 24, 2010

"I bought this car new in 2004 and while some problems have come up overall the car has been a great value for the money. I have had to get used to the German "over engineering" but for the 30 k I spent it is ok once I quit using the dealer for maintenance. The good: ride, milage, comfort, style, fit, and finish. The bad: dealer knowledge, diagnosing (sp) German engineering, small problems can cause major headaches to find solutions. Once found (ie air leak in rubber vac hose) prob solved. Sound system- multi cd player died and cost just doesn't justify repair. also ipod only works with fm interface unit."

Very Best Car on the Road

By on Saturday, March 27, 2010

"This is the very best car I've ever owned and/or driven. I am the original owner and have had absolutely no problems with this car in my seven years of ownership. One reason I bought a Mercedes is that Mercedes cars retain more trade-in/resale value, for longer, than any other car. It's somewhat of an investment. Yes, the initial price for the car was more than that for similar cars of other brands, but the cost of maintenance for this car has been LESS than it was for other cars I bought new; and the total costs of owning this car over time thus ends up being about, and eventually less, than for other cars of its style and size. I have kept up with the recommended service visits, which have been about four in seven years (granted, my mileage is low, just under 40,000m). The only other service visit was to replace a side mirror that I, myself, knocked off when backing out of my garage crookedly. There just aren't the maintenance headaches one has with other cars. Other cars I have bought new needed service and/or replacement of parts several times a year to the tune of at least about $700 (often much more) per visit. To say nothing of frequent oil changes. And, those other cars at some point, usually several points, stalled, or wouldn't start, etc., requiriing unscheduled service. I have never had any problems with starting, stalling, or any function of this car. Service for this car has cost only about $2000 over seven years, and other than labor costs, the costs were for normal wear and tear and discretionary items, such as new tires (once), wheel balancing, windshield wiper replacement (only once), minor scratch touch-ups, etc. I have never had to have the battery replaced. And Merccedes recommends that oil changes be made only every 10,000 miles or so. I've thus had the oil changed only about four times, or the humber of times I took it in for the recommended service visits. The helfpul information on the car panel, among other nice things, includes reminding me when it's time to take it in for service. All this, even though the first two years I owned the car I had to keep it parked outside because I had no garage in my previous residence. The car feels wonderful to drive and as if it intuitively does what I want it to do. It moves from, say, 30 miles an hour to 65 almost instantly, turns almost on a pin, etc. It's almost as if it is part of my body. After driving this car, I feel like our secondary car drives like a boat. Yes, you need to use the most expensive gas for Mercedes cars, but the mileage is so good on my Mercedes that I end up spending more for gas on our second car, which requires only standard gas. The technology, features, luxury add-ons of Mercedes cars are several years ahead of those on other cars; in fact, Mercedes invents most of the innovations that evenually end up on other cars. For instance, Mercedes had a system similar to the "OnStar" system of other cars, years before "OnStar" appeared. The first time I stopped to fill up the car, I didn't realize there was no need to press a gas cap release button inside the car,, and, being a totally non-mechanical female, I searched fruitlessly for one awhile before thinking to press the help button to ask where to find it. Someone was sitting there, just waiting to help me immediately, politely nonplussed, in the midst of my embarrassment. Before the current navigation devices came out on other cars, I was able to ask someone "up there in the sky" for directions when I was lost, and once pressed the button to tell someone that a man I passed on an isolated mountain road was stranded, periously walking along for help for his car, without a coat, in an unexpected spring snowstorm. The Mercedes person on the other end knew just where I was and contacted the police for a rescue. Thus, my car is still just as "modern" as new cars now coming on line. I can't say enough about this car -- it does everything I could want or need but make coffee! And Mercedes has a standard of service superior to that of any company I have encountered in or out of the auto business. Its employees are always extremely courteous in an understated way and go out of their way to help customers or solve problems. Long before some other car companies began offering a free loaner car during service visits, my Mercedes service center was providing me free loaners of Mercedes or other high-end cars when I visited. On top of all this, my Mercedes is a gorgeous, classy-looking car with a luxurious interior that I love - still. The styling of Mercedes cars is "understated taste," keeping them in style for years. I just can't see any reason to trade my car in, even after seven years, until our car-fueling techonology changes. Mercedes is just the classiest act around"