2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

8.2

Based on 829 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

2006 C55 AMG Rocks!

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Power. Interior. Seats are awesome. HK Stereo."

Cons: "MPG. Repairs and maintenance is expensive."

"We have owned our C55 for 6 years. The car is an excellent from the drivers seat and boring in the passenger seat. You just want to drive it. Great power. Great seats. Steering is tight but not heavy. Car is a bit thirsty when it comes to gas consumption. The paint and interior surfaces have held up excellent. Maintenance costs are on the high side but not unexpected for an AMG model. Get an extended warranty through the MB dealer to offset long term costs and repairs if any. We have experienced issues with the air conditioning system and valve cover gaskets. They are known to commonly leak, especially when not driven as ours has low mileage so I have had to replace them during ownership. Exhaust note is throaty but not loud. Overall great ownership experience."

Superb vehicle

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Exceptionally responsive and fun to drive"

Cons: "Expensive to repair at M-B dealerships"

"Purchased my 2002 C240 in 2006 from a very reputable dealership. The vehicle has performed beyond my expectations, both in reliability, quality and performance, with only minor issues over the past eight years. Quality of workmanship is as expected from a premium German automobile company. I will soon be purchasing another C-Class as I am now sold on Mercedes-Benz products."

I really like this car, the ride is excellent

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "nice to drive, very comfortable."

Cons: "the cost of maintenance of vehicle"

"this is a very nice car. I always wanted a mercedes, the look of this car turns heads it is a capri blue (dark blue) It is 2007 model without the navigation system. I take really good care of this car and service when prompted. Its really like taken care of something special, don't park near other cars because they will ding your doors all the time! ahhh! The cost of service is really much more than I had anticipated when I bought the car about a 1.5 years ago. So when I am done paying for this car in a year I will trade or sell private."

love the look

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

"wish it were better on gas"

I will NEVER BUY AGAIN

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Well balanced when it has not at repair shop"

Cons: "Too many read my review!"

"I hope Mercedes will take their unreliable cars back and junk them. I should of cash it in at "Cash for Clunkers" Obama should me made this car an exception. I preowned since 2003 with only 19K miles and now its 60K miles and had to fix many components. First under warrant I had the AC vent motor replaced, instrument cluster lights was also replaced, rear window fall of the track ( poor design), G sensor for traction control replaced, Mass Air Flow sensor replaced, rear lights error code and it was easy fix. Ohh can't forget about this one! Rear mail seal is also leaking at 60K miles ---- Are you serious? This is a German car or suppose to be. All the low budget cars that I owned never had the rear mail seal leak ... I owned many cars and I am a weekend mechanic, I drag race, ride dirt bikes and quads, off-road ... I also worked at auto shop selling wrenching and been around cars since age 14 and now I am 34. I had money to spend so I bought it and now I could of use that money for my house!"

comfortable, smooth and reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"This car is awesome. It is absolutely great on gas and it has just enough power. A very smooth ride for long trips, wished it has more space for the passengers. Overall design is the car is great"

Love this Car

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Great price for all that you get"

Cons: "Little pricy maintenance, but"

"A very fun var to drive. My favorite car i have owned. Maintenance is reliable and rare, but will cost a little to get done. However when you get it done, it is top shelf. Many of the added services actually make the price similar to my Honda (i.e. pricy oil change, but they detail your car inside and out, price balances out with the detail added). Have owned it for over 4 years and have only put new tires/oil changes on this vehicle. Very fast and elegant."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "smooth ride, fun to drive"

Cons: "small back seat"

"This car drives so smooth. Looks sporty even with 4 doors. I get compliments on it all the time. The only drawback is the small back seat."

06 Benz C350 4MATIC

By on Saturday, August 14, 2010

"Quick, Good on ice many options. i love it good power and very reliable. surprisingly good gas mileage to. i would recommend it to anyone."

Still driving great

By on Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"I am one happy owner of one of only 2,000 u.s. distributed 2002 C230 kompressors. I bought it in 2006, it's been 4 years now and it still drives wonderful. I have heard about electrical issues, and yes I have had to put money into fixing door locks that malfuntioned, but overall this is a great car. It is up to 124k miles now and drives like it did when I bought it at 34k. The services can be pricey, but I have not had to do any major repairs at all. Decent mileage, nice look, reliable engine, comfortable front seats. If you dont need a family car to fit 4 comfortably(back seats can be tight), you'll be happy with this"

By on Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Great car, outstanding gas mileage! Seats are not comfortable and become more uncomfortable on road trips. The car has not retained its value at I though it would!"

Late Lamented MB Hatchback

By on Saturday, July 10, 2010

"My wife and I purchased our C230 coupe as a certified used with about 27K on it. All I can say about its reliability is... I should have never dropped the $2,000 on the extended contract, which is an absolute compliment to this little hatchback. We're nearing 75K three years later, and the darn thing has never needed anything more than oil changes, tires, and some new front brake pads. The C230 has been a little tank. It has terrific hatchback utility with just enough handling bite and a firm yet compliant ride on the highway. My only real beef is with the antiquated 4-spd automatic transmission, which really doesn't like to kick-down, and has too much spacing between the gears. Otherwise, the car is rattle free, the seat fabric looks brand-new, and our standard poddle never gets tired of riding in the back."

mercedes for cheaper than a honda

By on Friday, April 02, 2010

"I bought this car (06 C280 4matic) about a year ago. I only paid $16k. I couldn't find a better car for the money. My previous car was a lexus. I was hesitant about ti being german, my only other experience was with porsche and it was a nightmare. I have changed the oil myself and was very impressed with how the car is put together. I have had no problems with the car. The oil gets changed every 13k miles like recomended and it still looked clean. By the way the one thing I realized is there are no oil dipsticks in Mercedes. Then I realized the only time I had to open the hood in a year was to jump start someone elses car. It holds that much washer fluid and has never given me a reason to open the hood. The only downside if any is that you must use premuim gas."

I would buy it again

By on Friday, January 29, 2010

"This carry is comfortable, affordable and classical stylish. If I had to give it a knock it would be a rear speaker is sub par. After 4.5 years, i hear a tinny vibration in the right rear speaker. Mike"

Great Car!

By on Friday, October 16, 2009

"I have had my MB C230 sport since June 08 and have not had one problem. I purchased it with 30k miles and now have 67k! Lets just say I travel alot! I had a BMW 325CI before and it was nothing but problems from the start. This car is great for getting in and out of town in. I love that it is small and easy to drive. I would reccommend this car to anyone!"

My Dream

By on Tuesday, September 08, 2009

"As a kid, I always wanted a MB. Now that I am in my late 50's, I got the "baby" Benz. Except for Premium gas, I can't say a bad word about it. I just got it detailed and the guy said the paint jobe is toungher than sheet metal."

A Classic Benz

By on Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"I bought my '04 C230 K as a certified pre-owned vehicle from Mercedes Benz San Francisco. It had barely 29K miles on it when I took it, and now is approaching 40k. For me, it's the perfect balance of luxury (entry-level) and sports performance. It has that classic MB quality feel to it; the door handles, the way the doors shut solidly, fit and finish of (most) aspects, the styling, etc. Given that it is a sports sedan, it does "feel" like one; meaning you do feel the stiffer ride, but I wouldn't say it was uncomfortable or loud. The cabin noise is actually acceptably quiet given the low-profile tires and slightly lower ride height of the non-Kompressor C240. Even for the so-called entry-level car from MB, this car always impresses and turns heads. I'd recommend getting the extended warranty, as mine has come in handy for small, but would-be costly minor repairs (e.g. fixing outside thermostat) There's just no denying the sexy curves and muscular roundness of the body's styling. And when people see you pull up with that beautiful emblem on the hood, they think "you've arrived". It's sure to be a classic."

High Maint.

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2009

"I have owned c230 kompressor for 3 years. Great car but high maint. I do not suggest buying this vehicle unless you are willing to replace the tires every 12,000 miles. I only have 36,000 miles and have replaced the tires twice and had to get new rotors & brakes early on. Not worth the maint. oil changes are $130 at dealer and you MUST do the Service A & B on the vehicle or you are stuck with a message on your digital display. Services are between $350-$600. Nice looking car but wouldnt buy again! I'd go to Lexus~"

By on Saturday, January 10, 2009

"Overall I am completely satisfied with this car. the only downfalls are the cost of service and interior ride comfort. on long trips the seats in this car start to get a little rough, but this car performs great! MB personnel have been very helpful with service and any questions I have. great car for around town."

Percieved Quality?

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"I heard once that the true measure of luxury is quality and reliability. If that's the case, this car is lacking. I guess I should have never thought that Toyota quality was possible in a European car. Ours is gently driven but has had numerous transmission replacements and the HVAC system is inferior to the one in my Nissan truck. Dealer service however, is first rate, but expensive."

Luxury, performance and economy

By on Thursday, October 09, 2008

"This car is comfortable, fast, luxurious and great looking, yet is reasonably priced and can return some impressive fuel economy figures; I've been known to get 34 mpg on long journeys. It's really very close to perfection, seeming to offer the best of all worlds. The only real downside is that I had to have the air conditioning repaired three times, and I have also encountered electrical glitches with the windows and mirrors which mysteriously fixed themselves. After 4.5 years and 25,000 miles, I have no intention of trading in just yet; I'm still enjoying the car immensely. Shame on Mercedes, though, for no longer offering a 4 cylinder 'C' class..."

Great little car

By on Thursday, May 29, 2008

"I have owned my Benz C240 for just over a year now. I bought it used and with an extended 2 year warranty. I did this only because it was preowned and one can never be too cautious even with a Benz. It has proven to be a nice vehicle for me and it actually gets pretty decent gas mileage. I use nothing less than premium in it, but I would still put it up against some of the more fuel efficient vehicles on the market now. It's quick to the punch.....you can most definitely get on the interstate without fear of being run over. It has quite the get up and go and it amazes me how easily it maneuvers into small places. Along with that comes it's great looks......hard to beat. Just the right size for a small woman such as myself, but wouldn't recommend it to a "tall" person. But all in all, I have to say it has been a most enjoyable experience."

2001 C320 More of a sports car than a luxury car

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"I bought my 2001 C320 used with 40k miles on it. I traded in a Lexus unsure of what to really expect from MB. I average about 10-15k miles per year on this because it is my "weekend" car, so to speak, and the gas mileage varies from 25 to 30 mpg. After 2 + years I now have 72k miles on it and have had some minor repairs made. I do not use a MB dealership, but do have a wonderful mechanic that specializes in Imports. I have the oil changed every 7k miles and I have replaced the brake pads, the battery and the tires so far. About two weeks ago as it started to warm up I noticed the air was not working........as of today my mechanic is still trying to figure out the root problem for this. I also have had a few instances recently of it not wanting to start on the first try..then miraculously firing up with no problem. As someone else mentioned, this car is not simple to figure out - as I too have not mastered every function and feature of the car. Even going through the owners manual for information was difficult because it was not clear and concise with the information/instructions for the car. My windshield wiper sensor does not seem to be working all the time and for some reason it seems my outside mirrors are never where I left them on my previous drive. The car looks great and handles like a sports car but I miss the luxury and comfort from my Lexus GS I owned previously. I am 5'2 and 110 lbs and I still find myself very uncomfortable on long drives. I have had several large people in my car and they all complain about how "tight" the fit is. I occasionally get malfunction messages that pop up and then mysteriously disappear on the next drive. The value of my MB at this time is very disappointing to me and I most likely won't buy another MB without exhausting all my other options."

2005 c240

By on Thursday, February 14, 2008

"What a great car! I have the COMAND nav system. While hard acceleration is a little anemic, the hwy mileage exceeds 30mpg and city driving around 25mpg for this small 6 cylinder engine, which is smooth and quiet. The 230 Kompressor is quicker off the line but feels less substantial to me when I have one as a loaner. No squeaks, rattles or mechanical problems in three years of ownership. I would definitely recommend this car and for most drivers, i think the engine is sweet. I do like the ground effects on the newer C230's though. At the time, the C240 was their luxury model-small engine size. It lives up to that billing. I only wish I had full power and heated seats. The leather looks great however after 36k miles in the saddle! I've owned two other C classes before this...each a great car, an SL 500, BMW 535, Jaguar XK8, BMW740i, Audi A6 and would have to say for the overall value here, this is the best of the lot.... well, maybe the X54.4i was a great one too... but I wrecked it. I love my car!"

Nice Name...Okay Car

By on Sunday, January 27, 2008

"My 06 C230 was my first Mercedes, and I was a little disappointed. I decided to buy a Mercedes because it was a 'classy' car; one that you would associate with wealth and power. I have owned it for a year and a half, and have had to take it in for repairs more times that I would've liked. Right after I bought it, I noticed that the alignment was off. Mercedes fixed it for me, but it still veered to the right. There was a clicky sound that annoyed the heck out of me, and they finally figured out that something was loose and that's what made the sound. The check engine light came on maybe 4 times within the last year and a half. The last time the whole car jerked and all the lights came on and told me to drive straight to the shop. That was quite scary! I only have 20,000 miles on the car and have to replace the tires already. It is a shame that I spent so much money on a car that's not even reliable. It's a good thing that the car is still under warranty. I would not want to own this car if it wasn't. I could only imagine how big the repair bill would be! However, the car is very good looking and the name still exudes class. But they really need to focus on the quality."