2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

8.2

Based on 829 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Do major research!!

By on Monday, May 04, 2009

"1> Not all reviews here for same model, as this category is rather broad '2001 - 2007 C-Class'. I have 2005 C230 Kompressor Sport.. bought used and rather disappointed. Major mechanicals work fine and have no complaints, but minor things keep failing on me (SRS, ABS, Traction Control, entry system failure, alarm failure, etc). One could assume maybe I just got a bad pick, but no, when I research my problems on the internet, I find many other Benz owners w/ same problems and ZERO solutions. As my 1st Benz, I'm really disappointed. The seats aren't even real leather but leatherette. Engine runs nicely and it definitely will move you if you slam the gas pedal (love the whine of that supercharger!), but the minor problems make me wonder how long I have before major problems. Also, with the intro of the new C-series, the old C's have dropped vastly in value... so until I can pay it down and not be upside down, it looks like I'm stuck w/ this car. I plan on running it into the ground since its worthless now, and will never buy Benz again after this experience."

I've had this car 7 years and still LOVE it!

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "Drives great & great styling."

Cons: "Seat sits a little low even if you move it up."

"This car drives like a dream with a responsive feel. I purchased mine new in 2006 and still have it. It gets good gas mileage 21 city and up to 28-29 on highway. Mine is silver w/black interior and it is still beautiful."

Pretty good car, some cheap plastic parts

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

"Great car, very reliable, maintenance is not very expensive since it does not need it as frequently as other cars. There are some plastic parts (door handles, cup holders) that are poorly made and have broken from regular use. Considering the price of the car and reputation of the company, I would have expected the interior door handles (all 4 front and back) to not BREAK within the first 5 years of the cars life....But everything else is pretty great."

awesome

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "just excellent"

Cons: "a little small now that we have 2 grandchildren"

"110,000 miles and the only breakdown has been a flat tire. There is 1 complaint and that is the front brakes throw off a lot of break dust so the wheels look dirty even when the rest of the car looks clean."

a delight to drive

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Use of the S or C in automatic transmission helps with bad weather driving. Repairs are more expensive yet there's NOTHING like the service of a Mercedes Benz dealer. Worth the investment to purchase an extended warranty through the local MBz dealer. Premium extended warr. $2300, but if you plan to keep the car do it. Fluids -- Replacement of fluids $130 each; NOTE do NOT change your transmission fluid as that can mess up delicate clearances (this is per my service advisor at the dealer!) -- Change coolant every 30K miles. MPG -- Uses synthetic oil only and premium gasoline. Worth how the engine runs! Mine is averaging 22 mpg in city with summer a/c and stop & go traffic - 32 to 36 mpg on highway 32 with a/c. This car performs best at 70 mph cruise control. I have Kompressor engine. BODY & PAINT -- Be certain to ONLY use a certified Mercedes Benz paint and body shop. My car has orangeing bumbling / pealing where touch up done horridly by previous owner. There is NO comparison to quality of paint repairs done properly. Used certified paint shop. Can't stress that enough!! TRANSMISSION. I have an automatic, so far doing fine at 33,500 miles. Told to not change the transmission fluid at all. Do not mess with it. My dealer told me that there are close clearances and this can actually mess up the transmission. -- DRIVING FEEL - Overall, it is a joy to drive, I get comments on my 2-door coupe all the time. Even whistles from the guys at a small town chicken place when I did the drive through. Fun to drive, watch spin out on fast acceleration - use the C / S for wet pavement and you'll do fine. This car has an amazing passing gear acceleration! Great for highway and city driving. Repairs - brakes $230 to $440 per axle Fluids - $130 coolant, $130 brakes should replace at about 30,000 miles Transmission Fluid - do not change it, leave the transmission intact! Alignment - $295 due to part kit required; important to keep tires in good condition, esp on low profile tire wear Flat tires - keep the tire, there are sensors inside!! if anyone fixes a flat for you other than the dealer make sure they know about internal sensor inside the tires So the repairs are about $1,000 per year is what I am estimating to maintain it. I have only had mine for a little over a year and just met with dealer service adviser last week. I plan to purchase $2300 Premium level extended warranty. Hope this helps you reach your decision. The 2-door Kompressor Coupe with sun roof gets head turning looks all the time. SEATS -- I have fabric seats and really prefer them to leather, but that is personal choice. They have leather conditioner at the parts and service department for those with leather seats... A true joy to drive! A head turner, nice comments on my car every time I take it to the car wash, to local stores, never a dull moment!"