2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

8.2

Based on 833 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

a great car

By on Sunday, October 7, 2012

"I really like this car. It responds quickly to everything. I feel in control at all times. It's small, but roomy and I have been getting up to 30 mpg on the highway. It seems to be a reliable and good looking car."

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, great perfromance, fun to drive"

Cons: "no diesel"

"Kudo's in every aspect, best car I have ever owned! Only two problems in 6 years.....moisture in connector and fluid leak, both repaired under warranty. Wish a diesel was available in the C class."

Need deep pockets...

By on Saturday, May 14, 2011

"In some ways I have loved my C230 Kompressor, but hated it in other ways. The engine/motor, transmission, etc., are brilliant! The car looks and drives great. Mercedes really skimped on quality though. While I love the car, I must say I have also been very disappointed in the quality. I've had to have the sunroof fixed twice, and it is broken again. The A/C has gone out twice, and and is far too overpriced to be worth fixing a second time. Everything on the interior (all cheap little plastic bits), such as window switches and parts of door panels, is either broken, or breaking. Nothing about this car is at all a reasonable expense to fix or replace. That said, the most important parts are still solid German Engineering genius, and have given me no major problems at all. It is such a joy and pleasure to drive (except in muggy Florida summer with no A/C)."

2005 C240 4matic sedan Silver/Black

By on Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Bought this car with 86K miles on it. Very nervous about cost of ownership at first but this car has driven like a dream for the 3 months I have owned it. Had to replace outside ambient air temp sensor ($15) installed myself. Not really the cars fault, sensor sticks out of front bumper and is right in the path of any stones that are picked up. Averaging around 20-22 mpg. This car is built very solid and the ride quaility is amazing. 4matic is a drean on wet roads, almost impossible to hydroplane. You just feel safe in it. Acceleration is nothing to brag about, my old RSX/S would have killed it but who cares! Performance on the highway is more than adequate. After reading several reviews I would recommend this model to anyone, BUT take your car on a long test drive and put it through its paces before you buy it so any hidden faults will show themselves. Stayed clear of the 01-04 C-class due to reported reliability issues plus I prefer the post-facelift interior. I also liked the light color gray interior at first, but opted for black because I have read several places the light interior is a pain to keep clean."

Great Preformer

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"Great performance with luxury. V8 performance with V6 fuel economy. However, more than average repairs to costly items. Supercharger replaced at 95,000 miles( bad front bearing that can't be replaced separately) --cost over $4000. A/C evaporator bad at 130,000 miles. will cost $3500 to replace ( need to remove entire dash to get to !) Side marker bulbs burn out regularily."