2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

8.2

Based on 824 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

I love my car!!

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Very safe (built strong), sound system"

Cons: "Price to maintain"

"I bought this car 2yrs ago and I love it. It's just very expensive to maintain I just spent $598.62 for a new alternator. The electrical system sucks lol. But over all this car is very safe I had an accident I was hit from behind by a Jeep Cherokee the front of his truck was a wreck and I had a small dent I was very happy that I chose Mercedes Benz"

Exquisitely machined engine

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Pros: "best of all worlds"

Cons: "rear sun shade broke after 7 years of working well"

"The performance out of this little 189hb super charged 4 cylinder is impressive. I can hit 120 with ease and she just gets more solid. Handling is about as precise as I have ever experienced (short of the Porsche 911 but for a sedan she's hot) The biggest drawback on this baby is the tires are different circumference on the rear so no rotation is possible front to back, and the Michelins are directional so no rotation right to left (making tire pressure critical) and the low front air dam keeps coming in contact with parking stops, destroys the fiberglass which has been repaired twice in the 8 years I've owned this mean sleek speed machine (top mpg was 35)"

a great car

By on Sunday, October 07, 2012

"I really like this car. It responds quickly to everything. I feel in control at all times. It's small, but roomy and I have been getting up to 30 mpg on the highway. It seems to be a reliable and good looking car."

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, great perfromance, fun to drive"

Cons: "no diesel"

"Kudo's in every aspect, best car I have ever owned! Only two problems in 6 years.....moisture in connector and fluid leak, both repaired under warranty. Wish a diesel was available in the C class."

2005 C240 4matic sedan Silver/Black

By on Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Bought this car with 86K miles on it. Very nervous about cost of ownership at first but this car has driven like a dream for the 3 months I have owned it. Had to replace outside ambient air temp sensor ($15) installed myself. Not really the cars fault, sensor sticks out of front bumper and is right in the path of any stones that are picked up. Averaging around 20-22 mpg. This car is built very solid and the ride quaility is amazing. 4matic is a drean on wet roads, almost impossible to hydroplane. You just feel safe in it. Acceleration is nothing to brag about, my old RSX/S would have killed it but who cares! Performance on the highway is more than adequate. After reading several reviews I would recommend this model to anyone, BUT take your car on a long test drive and put it through its paces before you buy it so any hidden faults will show themselves. Stayed clear of the 01-04 C-class due to reported reliability issues plus I prefer the post-facelift interior. I also liked the light color gray interior at first, but opted for black because I have read several places the light interior is a pain to keep clean."

so-so

By on Monday, August 10, 2009

"I bought this car 1.5 years ago from original owner keeped all maintance up to date. I dont drive it much (82,600 miles) started dying on me, changed battery,died again, changed seat modules, died again, changed sunroof modules same thing, I checked mercedezbenz forum, read lot's of complaints w/same issue (electrical). Nice but if you don't have $ for this type of car I would not recommended it, also good in gas."

never again

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Stay away of the C class. I have owned a 01 C320 for 2 yrs and had nothing but problems. I have replaced the alternator, starter sensors, and had to have the codes cleared by the dealer many times. Now it is at the dealer needing a $2700 transmission repair. Mercedes does a fine job of over complicating its cars not to mention the outrageous cost of service. You will get the looks but its not worth the cost of keeping it on the road."

C-230 Sport

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2008

"This is our first Benz and so far we love it. the car handles GREAT! it corners very nicely for weighing almost 4K pounds.. The craftsmen ship is very good. every thing is sealed and covered in the engine bay makes keeping the enigne bay spotless very easy. I really like the brakes. This car stops on a dime. it has vented front disc brakes with huge calipars on the front and rear discs. I love the fact the put the AMG body kit on the sport C-230 it really give it an edgy look. There are only a few things that I don't like about this car. The first is the car is a little under powered. The C-230 sport has a V6 that puts out 209hp with 187ibs of torque. The other thing I dont like about this car is the constant cleaning that needs to be done to the front rims from all the brake dust that is generated. I have to clean the rims every other day to keep the car looking clean. other than that I highly recommend this car to anybody I am 6ft 4 in and fit comfortably. I hope this helps who ever reads this"

I love this car!

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "not cheep to maintain"

"It is a sports car in a soccer mom's body. Handles great with plenty of get-up and go power. I love all the extras and the sound system is the best I have ever heard in a factory install. I have owned mine for almost 3 years and I plan on keeping it for years to come."

Quick,quality,relaible, luxurious and comfortable

By on Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pros: "Really fun to drive. So much less $$$"

Cons: "She needs premium fuel"

"Quality German engineering in a smaller package. Quick as can be - extremely comfortable with none of the luxuries of the larger cars left out. Great in corners and on long highway trips. Never get tired of driving her. From climate control to cruise control to the moon roof and stereo, the car operates as a luxury auto should. Very smooth and quiet. Operating costs a bit higher with premium gas and an average of city/hwy fuel consumption a real 25 mpg. Remember - this is the BIG engine with lots of horses. Don't let the outside size fool you. Very comfortable for 4 people and a good sized trunk. Unless you need or want the larger E or S class - this size car really fills the bill. You will not be disappointed!"