2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

8.2

Based on 808 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Amazing car for the price you pay for one now.

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, Fun to drive, Quick, Comfortable"

Cons: "Small car, Outdated look"

"I have had my Mercedes c280 since 32k miles. It now has almost 100k. Absolutely love the car and had no problems with it. The only things I have done is change the tires, oil, and breaks. I also have a 2007 E350 if I could get the feel of the C280 while driving the E350 I would be very happy! Pros: Very comfortable car Very quick Soft quiet ride Great MPG (on the free I get close to 32mpg, city about 24mpg) Fairly cheap to maintain Auto lights Auto dimming mirrors Auto wipers Cons: Its a bit small Now an outdated look"

SPORT SEATS (RECARO-LIKE), SUPER HANDLING & ACCELR

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "SUPER FUN TO DRIVE ON THE TWIST BACKROADS"

Cons: "HVAC CONTROLS"

"HVAC CONTROLS ARE VERY ANNOYING, AS TO BEING OVERALL COMPLEX, WITH RED & BLUE BUTTONS TO PUSH TO ADJUST TEMP, WHEN A DIAL WOULD BE MUCH EASIER & SAFER TO USE, ESPECIALLY AT SPEED(AS CAR WAS DESIGNED & BUILT TO BE DRIVEN), NOT USING A "MULTI-DISC CD PLAYER OR AN INTEGRATED PHONE!!! DEALERS GEN. SALES .MGR. ADVISED AGAINST ORDERING THIS CAR WITH THESE TWO OPTIONS. HE STATED THAT SINCE THIS WAS A EUROPEAN DELIVERY, WE WOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS SERIOUS DRIVERS WITH THESE "RIDICULOUS ITEMS" ORDERED. OVERALL CAR IS A PLEASURE TO DRIVE AND PERFORMANCE IS EXCELLENT, EXCEPT SEATS AFTER 2-3 HOURS GET TO BE UNCOMFORTABLE, HOWEVER THEY ADJUST EVERY WHERE , JUST NEED MORE PADDING IN SEAT CUSHIONS. HIGHWAY MILEAGE ON TRIPS WITH A/C ON WITH CRUISE AT 70-75 MPH HAS CONSISTENTLY BEEN 28/29MPG, AROUND TOWN WITH SOME SPIRITED USE OF THE MANUAL LEFT/RIGHT UP/DOWN SHIFTING, MILEAGE CAN DROP TO 18MPG. PREM GAS RECOMMENDED, HOWEVER I HAVE USED REGULAR GAS WITH NO NOTICEABLE ADVERSE EFFECT ON OCASSION. MINOR COMPLAINT I MISS NOT HAVING A DIPSTICK AND TRUSTING THE COMPUTER TO ANALYZE THE OIL UMPTEEN TIMES A MINUTE!! SUPER ENGINE, ALWAYS USED MOBIL 5W20 SYNT. FIRST OIL CHANGE WAS AT 18000 MILES PER THE COMPUTER. MBZ SERVICE MANAGER STATED THEY HAVE DISASSEMBLED AN ENGINE WITH 70,000 MILES AND IT WAS PRISTINE. MY QUESTION WAS HOW ABOUT AT 250,000 MILES??? OIL CHANGES AFTER THE FIRST ONE NORMALLY ARE ABOUT 8-10,000 MILES. PEOPLE COMPLEMENT LOOK/STYLING ON CAR QUITE OFTEN, CONSIDERING CAR IS 13 YEARS OLD. VERY SATISFIED WITH THE BUILD QUALITY AND BEAUTIFUL ALL LEATHER INTERIOR.. ENJOY IT IMMENSELY IF PURCHASING A WELL MAINTANED AND DOCUMENTED VEHICLE."

This is the best I have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

"This is the best car I have ever driven. So much fun. It's sporty and handles very well. This one is a manual transmission which made it eve more fun to drive. Never had any isssues with it. It still looks and runs beautifully. Just bought a new mercedes so this one is going to my lucky son."

Great Car!

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Great car, fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "???"

"My wife has had her 06 C280 for 5 years and still loves it. We bought it used for $20K and it has been one of the best cars we have ever owned."

Perfect for my needs

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "Versatile and roomy"

Cons: "Requires premium fuel"

"Bought this car used, but it acts and looks like a brand new car. Great driving, comfortable on long trips. I'm the "go to " person for carpools. Cargo space easy to use, and back seats easy for one person to put down and then back up. When this car finally wears out after many more years of reliable service, I'll be in the market for another Mercedes station wagon"