2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

8.2

Based on 833 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

never again

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Stay away of the C class. I have owned a 01 C320 for 2 yrs and had nothing but problems. I have replaced the alternator, starter sensors, and had to have the codes cleared by the dealer many times. Now it is at the dealer needing a $2700 transmission repair. Mercedes does a fine job of over complicating its cars not to mention the outrageous cost of service. You will get the looks but its not worth the cost of keeping it on the road."

C-230 Sport

By on Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"This is our first Benz and so far we love it. the car handles GREAT! it corners very nicely for weighing almost 4K pounds.. The craftsmen ship is very good. every thing is sealed and covered in the engine bay makes keeping the enigne bay spotless very easy. I really like the brakes. This car stops on a dime. it has vented front disc brakes with huge calipars on the front and rear discs. I love the fact the put the AMG body kit on the sport C-230 it really give it an edgy look. There are only a few things that I don't like about this car. The first is the car is a little under powered. The C-230 sport has a V6 that puts out 209hp with 187ibs of torque. The other thing I dont like about this car is the constant cleaning that needs to be done to the front rims from all the brake dust that is generated. I have to clean the rims every other day to keep the car looking clean. other than that I highly recommend this car to anybody I am 6ft 4 in and fit comfortably. I hope this helps who ever reads this"

Excellent Ride

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"Love my Mercedes. I bought it used and it's been about 8 months and I have no complaints. Fun to drive and pretty classy."

Picked this up used, Pleasantly Surprised

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Good engineering,"

Cons: "Everyone tries to rip you off for repairs"

"Mechanically pretty solid. The value depreciates pretty quickly so you can pick up one pretty cheaply. Handles well in all weather even though it's RWD. Fuel economy is good; I get about 8 l/100km city and 7 l/100km on the highway after the engine is warm. The previous owner tried to do some repairs himself and didn't do a very good job, so I had to deal with that. But other than that, the repairs have been routine stuff: battery, tires, brake pads, belts. The only downside is garages try to gouge you for repairs because of the brand. I was quoted $2800 for replacing the springs on the front axle and about $1500 for replacing a front torquing arm. I turned down those repairs."

Exquisitely machined engine

By on Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pros: "best of all worlds"

Cons: "rear sun shade broke after 7 years of working well"

"The performance out of this little 189hb super charged 4 cylinder is impressive. I can hit 120 with ease and she just gets more solid. Handling is about as precise as I have ever experienced (short of the Porsche 911 but for a sedan she's hot) The biggest drawback on this baby is the tires are different circumference on the rear so no rotation is possible front to back, and the Michelins are directional so no rotation right to left (making tire pressure critical) and the low front air dam keeps coming in contact with parking stops, destroys the fiberglass which has been repaired twice in the 8 years I've owned this mean sleek speed machine (top mpg was 35)"