2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

8.2

Based on 818 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

excellent car

By on Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"I just have to say my 05 230 Sport Sedan is the most economical car I have ever owned. Insurance is cheaper, gas mileage is exceptional 32+ on the hwy and I always have people ask me about the car or thumbs up as I drive by-even though it is 4 years old! I have 57,000 miles on it now and will drive it over 100,000. It has been a stunning car from day one. Why they do not import the 1.8 supercharged engine anymore-not sure. It definitely beats any other luxury sedan in MPG and has great performance. Snow is no problem with Blizzak tires! If you can find one-BUY IT! You will not be disappointed!"

awesome

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "just excellent"

Cons: "a little small now that we have 2 grandchildren"

"110,000 miles and the only breakdown has been a flat tire. There is 1 complaint and that is the front brakes throw off a lot of break dust so the wheels look dirty even when the rest of the car looks clean."

Pretty good car, some cheap plastic parts

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

"Great car, very reliable, maintenance is not very expensive since it does not need it as frequently as other cars. There are some plastic parts (door handles, cup holders) that are poorly made and have broken from regular use. Considering the price of the car and reputation of the company, I would have expected the interior door handles (all 4 front and back) to not BREAK within the first 5 years of the cars life....But everything else is pretty great."

So incredibly reliable

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "a nice, busy, 189bhp engine which is very reliable"

Cons: "maintenance costs"

"Very reliable which is great considering how much repairing german cars can cost. I have absolutely no complaints about this car, the steer might be a little heavier than i would want in a perfect world but the wheel provides a great deal of feedback from the tires. The engine, a small inline 4 produces a very respectable 189 bhp and a similar torque number is great and supercharged! i would have loved a bit more power but the fuel economy i get from this engine keeps me from giving in to what would have been my only complaint on the car."

Solid as a Rock

By on Thursday, August 06, 2009

"This is my sixth MB (in 15 years) and my fourth c-class. The two non c-classes were the 1) first generation clk-class, which was my absolute favorite of all of them, hands down, and 2) the first generation ml-class, which I also loved. This is the first MB I actually bought (the others were all leases) four years ago and have not had ANY trouble whatsoever! This car gets great fuel economy, considering it's a heavy little rocket ship. I average around 20-22mpg/city and up to 26mpg/hwy. The seven-speed, inline 6 cyl, auto trans is flawless and takes off like a bullet when I need it to, especially when merging onto the highway. It also stays glued to the road in even the heaviest rains and takes corners like a dream! I have no fears when I drive this car. I don't know how MB got all that power in to such a small engine, but they did and I've never wished I had more power; you simply don't need it! I have one more payment left on my loan, and was considering getting a new MB (because I've NEVER driven a car for more than three years), but I'm going to drive this car until it gives me a reason not to. This car drives and looks just as good as the day I bought it. The exterior is flawless, and the interior trim parts are that way too! For example, the leather MB uses is the best in the biz; no cracks, splits or color changes like you'd see in other cars of this age. It's been a little gem and I'm as in love with it as I was four years ago!"