2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

8.2

Based on 813 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

awesome

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "just excellent"

Cons: "a little small now that we have 2 grandchildren"

"110,000 miles and the only breakdown has been a flat tire. There is 1 complaint and that is the front brakes throw off a lot of break dust so the wheels look dirty even when the rest of the car looks clean."

I've had this car 7 years and still LOVE it!

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "Drives great & great styling."

Cons: "Seat sits a little low even if you move it up."

"This car drives like a dream with a responsive feel. I purchased mine new in 2006 and still have it. It gets good gas mileage 21 city and up to 28-29 on highway. Mine is silver w/black interior and it is still beautiful."

Quick,quality,relaible, luxurious and comfortable

By on Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pros: "Really fun to drive. So much less $$$"

Cons: "She needs premium fuel"

"Quality German engineering in a smaller package. Quick as can be - extremely comfortable with none of the luxuries of the larger cars left out. Great in corners and on long highway trips. Never get tired of driving her. From climate control to cruise control to the moon roof and stereo, the car operates as a luxury auto should. Very smooth and quiet. Operating costs a bit higher with premium gas and an average of city/hwy fuel consumption a real 25 mpg. Remember - this is the BIG engine with lots of horses. Don't let the outside size fool you. Very comfortable for 4 people and a good sized trunk. Unless you need or want the larger E or S class - this size car really fills the bill. You will not be disappointed!"

Pretty good car, some cheap plastic parts

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

"Great car, very reliable, maintenance is not very expensive since it does not need it as frequently as other cars. There are some plastic parts (door handles, cup holders) that are poorly made and have broken from regular use. Considering the price of the car and reputation of the company, I would have expected the interior door handles (all 4 front and back) to not BREAK within the first 5 years of the cars life....But everything else is pretty great."

Great car Great Value

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

"I'm the 3rd owner of this car, I just love it, It drives great, I bougth it with 60K miles, It has already 98K miles and all I have done it so far is regular oil changes and 2 new tires and THAT'S IT, no mechanical problems, some cosmetics issues(is 14years old car), is has 2013 technology, but keyless started, I will keep my car until it reach 200k miles, in fact I just paid $10K for it and I look like I drive a $30k car, I just love it, gas it's great also been a V6."

Love this car

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

"I have this car since 2006 & love it...."

Exquisitely machined engine

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Pros: "best of all worlds"

Cons: "rear sun shade broke after 7 years of working well"

"The performance out of this little 189hb super charged 4 cylinder is impressive. I can hit 120 with ease and she just gets more solid. Handling is about as precise as I have ever experienced (short of the Porsche 911 but for a sedan she's hot) The biggest drawback on this baby is the tires are different circumference on the rear so no rotation is possible front to back, and the Michelins are directional so no rotation right to left (making tire pressure critical) and the low front air dam keeps coming in contact with parking stops, destroys the fiberglass which has been repaired twice in the 8 years I've owned this mean sleek speed machine (top mpg was 35)"

Worst car ever!!!!

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "winter handling"

Cons: "break down often"

"Over all it's an okay car. The maintenance on it, it's absolutely insane. Every time I turn around something goes wrong with it that cost in the $2000 range. I understand that cars require maintenance from time to time but this car is a money pit. I keep up with services as scheduled."

love this car, 6 speed manual a winner

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "it will never be that mg you loved to hate"

Cons: "if u don't want a manual, get a newer car"

"great value, i got the six speed sport, what a delight - fast, tight handling, good mileage! my previous two cars were a '99 E55 and a '93 500E. If u know these previous cars 'nuff said. i'm getting older, but love to drive great cars - for the price, grab this little supercharged gem"

So incredibly reliable

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "a nice, busy, 189bhp engine which is very reliable"

Cons: "maintenance costs"

"Very reliable which is great considering how much repairing german cars can cost. I have absolutely no complaints about this car, the steer might be a little heavier than i would want in a perfect world but the wheel provides a great deal of feedback from the tires. The engine, a small inline 4 produces a very respectable 189 bhp and a similar torque number is great and supercharged! i would have loved a bit more power but the fuel economy i get from this engine keeps me from giving in to what would have been my only complaint on the car."

You Get What you Pay For

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2012

"Never had a significant issue with this car and have obviously put plenty of miles on it. Others I talk to say it has to 300K mi easy. Really a joy to drive and as reliable as they come."

I love this car. Best car ever!

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

Pros: "Everything. The ultimate dream car"

Cons: "Repair costs"

"The more I drive this car the better it gets. It has somehow learned the best interior setting for my personal comfort. I do believe it is the best car on the market! A true joy to drive. If there any negatives, I would have to say that you have to pay for such a great car when it comes to repairs. Even oil change prices shocked me. Now that I no longer employed and disabled I am afraid that I may have to sell it. It's in great shape now but have just been told that it will need brakes eventually. My heart is broken but I hope the next owner appreciates what he/she has...the greatest car I have EVER owned!!!"

I LOVE this car!

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, perfect size"

Cons: "Not cheap to maintain, but very little maint req"

"I have owned my C230 for 6 years and haven't found anything else that I would even consider driving. This has been a fabulous and FUN car. My only complaints are cosmetic. I have had to replace the interior front door handles on both the driver and passenger side, the cd player has been fixed 2 or 3 times, and the driver's window motor broke. The replacements are not inexpensive, but I would still recommend this car, and it's value."

A Supreme Driving Machine

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"I bought the C-320 4-Matic Sport Sadan preowned at 36,000 miles. I have owned it now for 6 years. As for reliability, I have had only 2 problems, first a front wheel bearing went bad, and the bearing on the Serpintene belt Tension arm broke causing the Serpintene belt to break also. At 137,000 miles I had expected to hear some raddles by now but there are none. Virtually no noise from the interior until you put your foot down on the gas and hear the growl of the engine. The vehicles performance and handling is superb. Mercedes makes several models that are over (500 HP) but the (221 HP)on this car gives it a good balance between performance and fuel economy. I have had no factory recalls or safety issues from Mercedes. Cons: I am 6'2" tall and 286 lbs. Getting in the drivers seat is slightly awkward, but once inside, it fits like a glove. Anyone in the backseat sitting behind me may have some issues. A great car worth the money!"

a great car

By on Sunday, October 07, 2012

"I really like this car. It responds quickly to everything. I feel in control at all times. It's small, but roomy and I have been getting up to 30 mpg on the highway. It seems to be a reliable and good looking car."

I love my lil Whitey!

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

Cons: "Maintenance and repairs!"

"I recieved this car 9/12/11 when I was 17. This was my second car. I had just sold my '94 Accord. It was a big come up from that. It's well equipped and very attractive. The maintenance is what hurts me the most. "But it's a Mercedes", you would say, to me, it seems to need something a little too often. The driving experience in this car is great. I love to drive when I'm behind the wheel of my car. MPG is not bad either. I make 21-22 mpg."

Still the best car manufactured

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "Fast with great gas mileage"

Cons: "No such thing as a cheap repair."

"Boughtbthis car used 8 yrs ago and still love it. Little interior plastics are poorly conceived but mechanically a sound, fun to drive quick car."

Great value, fun to drive

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "Awesome handling."

Cons: "Tire burner"

"We bought this 2004 car in 2008 in anticipation duaghter driving it. My wife decided to drive it instead and gave her car to my daughter to drive. When I finally gave it to ny daughter, she immediately fell in love with the car. It's fun to drive, economical, can jump when you push it, and rides smooth at autobahn speeds. Been reliable, runs great - biggest downside: we have the sport model (which is like driving on rails) but the low-profile, high performance tires we kept on that car were not cheap. Upside, better gas mileage than reported."

Costly Repairs

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "Great car to drive, a lot of pep, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Poor mechanical quality, unreliable, costly repair"

"Shortly after we bought the car, the extended warranty company (Spectrum), a policy with whom the dealer sold us, went out of business. Since then they won't cover anything. The turbo vent hose cracked less than 3 months after buying it, and extended warranty wouldn't cover the $1000 repair because it was considered a hose. Cable seal into trans leaked at a cost of $450 to repair. It now needs a new drive motor and the replacement of the entire sunroof at a cost of $6500, because they don't make a replacement kit for the drive cables that are worn, and the motor is burned out."

Why buy a cookie cutter car ?

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pros: "Quality Looks Sport performance Big trunk"

Cons: "Low stance Back seat room"

07 c230 sport

"When my wifes 01 Cherokee broke, I started looking at cars I felt fit her personality, gorgeous looks and driving style. I looked here at kbb.com for info and reviews of many, many cars. I reviewed for a month or so and couldn't find a fit. Someone here in the neighborhood owns, and drives by the house in a C350 that I covet. So I thought hmm, let's look at the Germans. We decided to look at a used BMW 3 series. We both drove the beemer and felt it was sub-par in the interior fit and finish(cupholder issue). Luckily just in on trade was an 07 230 sport, black on black(pictured). We drove it the same day the guy traded it in. The dealership hadn't gone through it yet, it needed a bath and some of his things were still in the console (business cards change and pens). The first noticable improvement over the 325i was the cockpit layout, overall quality, comfort and support of the seats,the console(cupholders), A/C, window switches, radio controls and even the feel of the pedals. Driving the 230 was heads above the BMW as well, crispy shifting triptronic-esq 6 spd trans, and throttle response. The suspension was smooth, quick and firm, I blasted over R/R tracks to feel and listen to the suspension. What really shocked me was the brakes, race car like big drilled/slotted rotors and hi performance multi-piston calipers bring the car to a halt right now. I have upgraded the brakes in my other cars(Mustangs, Volvo S60) with the good stuff(EBC) and the little Merc is right there in factory form. This car zooms around much better than I would have figured with just over 200 hp. I think it has to do with the 6 speed trans and MB engineers calculating the gearing right. It lacks low end torque like my v8 Mustangs or the insane boost of the Volvo(9.5psi), but past 3k rpm's the motor growls and builds speed magically, it doesn't make sense but it accelerates very well. On the Interstate the car is a blast to drive! The car is very sticky and smooth the faster it goes. The feeling from 75mph to the century mark is mostly unchanged. I've gone as fast as 120mph confidently. The high beam headlights are insanely bright and reach way out front. Driving in heavy rain is very good as well. Driving this car gives you confidence in your safety, it feels like fitted armor. The bad is road noise, it is a bit intrusive without the stereo on. The driver menu's ( mpg's, distance traveled, clock etc.) is confusing without the manual. Shifting the trans manually is weird (but worth the increased rpm's) push right for up, and left for down. I am used to up for up, and down for down. I accidentally tested the rev limiter pushing the shifter upwards into neutral @ 5500 rpm's(not good)I'm used to it now. I am 6ft 2in and 225 lbs, my wife is 5ft 10in and we fit good in the car up front, getting in and out is daunting because the car is very, very low. When our equally heighted boys are in the back seat, it's tight for them. We drove 3 hours to Tampa and they didn't complain about comfort, but were happy to get out and stretch by the end. I have owned the car 6 months and am very happy with the $15000 purchase. I purchased a 100k mile powertrain warranty just in case. My wife likes it but wants a taller vehicle, but, she looks so dang good driving it. Thanks for reading."

07 c230 sport

Unreliable, too expensive to maintain.

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pros: "Great to drive, fast, handles well."

Cons: "Break downs far to easily, cheap interior."

"It seems that every time something was fixed on this car another part would malfunction. For instance, the transmission needs repair now, after replacing the thermostat. Not only is the car unreliable, but the interior is falling apart. Literally. My seatbelt even fell apart while driving."

My car

By on Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive and great price"

Cons: "expensive maintainance. common for merc"

"I can say that I own one of the best cars....The interiros are so good"

So Good I Can't Let It Go!

By on Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, rock solid, no maintenance"

Cons: "Car is TOO GOOD - can't bring myself to sell it"

"Bought my '05 C320 Coupe new and, after 7 years, it is as good as new. It has been the most perfect car I have ever owned. Requires one scheduled maintenance per year, for little more than an oil change. At six years I spent $1500 on wear"

love the look

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

"wish it were better on gas"

Love it if your single

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "supper cute, very nice, reliable"

Cons: "interier way too small, expensive to upkeep"

"I love this car! But there isn't enough room once I had kids. My husband hates it because it is way too small for him to be comfortable. My Dad can barely squeeze himself into the passanger seat. But, for me, when I was a single girl... it was PERFECT!"