2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

8.2

Based on 816 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

I love this car!

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Cons: "None. I have had zero problems with this car."

"The only thing NOT to like about this car is that you cannot drive it on street roads as fast as you are going to want to, because it rides and handles like a dream at high speeds! HA! Seriously. And the seat warmers are awesome! The sound system fabulous. What's not to like?"

An amazing piece of machinery.I have enjoyed this

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

"Great purchase..awesome value...Superior engineering...Comfortable and amazing handling over all types of roads..."

vehicle is alright.

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, and has great hi-way mpg"

Cons: "cup holders holds nothing, and cramped space"

"Granted my vehicle has a ton of milage on it, but I have had it for about 50,000 miles. Granted the car was ahead of its time, but now its just eh. I'm a bigger guy and the seats are way too small for me. Also about 1500 miles after buying the vehicle the power seats witch were amazing turned into a battery killer. If I let the car sit for to long with the seats plugged in the car battery would die. Also the car has a cup holder that is useless to say the least. Not even a medium sized soft drink fits in the holder. Personally if you are thinking about driving this vehicle I would say to look for something better and more reliable. Yes the vehicle was ahead of its time, but thats the thing it was. If you want to spend the money on this vehicle I would tell you to save the money and buy something newer, and better."

A+ Excellent

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "Excellent - no negatives"

"Great shape. Brand new Michelins"

What a disappointment!

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pros: "You get that Mercedes prestige"

Cons: "You'd do better buying a Ford"

"I purchased this car from a private dealer on an 'as is' sale 16 months ago and have had problems from Day 1. I would highly recommend only buying this car from a dealer with an extended warranty. Most issues I list below have been confirmed by other owners on the MB Blog. Drive train has been fine, performance acceptable but it is prone to 'parasitic battery drain' (yes, there is even a term for it!) that will leave the battery dead in a matter of hours. The air system is temperamental, the sensors over-sensor, the seat modules blew, the auto intermittent wipers don't work, now the wipers don't work at all unless the car is going more than 6 mph, the wiper-washer reservoir leaks and just the labor to replace is nearly $400... the exterior paint is sub-par and there is rust in the rear passenger door (this car came from a southern climate) and there is much more I cannot remember off the top of my head... in most circles this car would be called LEMON!"

Big Bang for Little Buck

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy, fun to drive, manual 6 speed trans"

Cons: "Flip out cup holder is useless and in the way"

"This is a great entry level car. I previously had a 1998 BMW 528i (Manual 5 Speed) and the Benz is very comparable. Though smaller and the doesn't handle as "balanced" as the E39 BMW, its a great little runner. Not very fast off the line (6 speed manual) but its a heck of a freeway car. Easily runs at 125 mph all day long. Mine is the C230 Kompressor Sport, 1.8ltr (yep 1.8 4 cylinder) with a factory supercharger. Great pull, awesome gas mileage too. I bought her used, one owner with about 90,000 miles. Bright red with the leatherette interior. Build quality is awesome, body and interior still look like new. My only complaint is the front end chips easily (normal wear & tear), but with almost 200,000 miles I have no squeaks, rattles or issues with the build. Mechanically, I've only had two issues. The MAF sensor went out causing the idle to rev up and down ($750 repair) and the voltage regulator IS going out causing the headlights to blink off and on until the car is hot ($47.00 part, I'm doing the install). Otherwise, its Mercedes luxury at a Honda price! Only changes have been 19 inch staggered TSW wheels, upgraded Pioneer Double-din DVD system with Bluetooth and integrated phone connection. Car still has the original clutch at almost 200,000 miles!"

nice car, fun to drive,

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "small interior"

"....easy to get a speeding ticket in this car"

Most luxury/comfort for price range

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "We'll engineered advanced features for production"

Cons: "Have found none"

"First mercedes ever owned-would drive no other brand of car. Advanced features for product year. Absolutely reliable. Superbly engineered. Seat warmers are fabulous. Air conditioner the best."

Amazing car for the price you pay for one now.

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, Fun to drive, Quick, Comfortable"

Cons: "Small car, Outdated look"

"I have had my Mercedes c280 since 32k miles. It now has almost 100k. Absolutely love the car and had no problems with it. The only things I have done is change the tires, oil, and breaks. I also have a 2007 E350 if I could get the feel of the C280 while driving the E350 I would be very happy! Pros: Very comfortable car Very quick Soft quiet ride Great MPG (on the free I get close to 32mpg, city about 24mpg) Fairly cheap to maintain Auto lights Auto dimming mirrors Auto wipers Cons: Its a bit small Now an outdated look"

SPORT SEATS (RECARO-LIKE), SUPER HANDLING & ACCELR

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "SUPER FUN TO DRIVE ON THE TWIST BACKROADS"

Cons: "HVAC CONTROLS"

"HVAC CONTROLS ARE VERY ANNOYING, AS TO BEING OVERALL COMPLEX, WITH RED & BLUE BUTTONS TO PUSH TO ADJUST TEMP, WHEN A DIAL WOULD BE MUCH EASIER & SAFER TO USE, ESPECIALLY AT SPEED(AS CAR WAS DESIGNED & BUILT TO BE DRIVEN), NOT USING A "MULTI-DISC CD PLAYER OR AN INTEGRATED PHONE!!! DEALERS GEN. SALES .MGR. ADVISED AGAINST ORDERING THIS CAR WITH THESE TWO OPTIONS. HE STATED THAT SINCE THIS WAS A EUROPEAN DELIVERY, WE WOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS SERIOUS DRIVERS WITH THESE "RIDICULOUS ITEMS" ORDERED. OVERALL CAR IS A PLEASURE TO DRIVE AND PERFORMANCE IS EXCELLENT, EXCEPT SEATS AFTER 2-3 HOURS GET TO BE UNCOMFORTABLE, HOWEVER THEY ADJUST EVERY WHERE , JUST NEED MORE PADDING IN SEAT CUSHIONS. HIGHWAY MILEAGE ON TRIPS WITH A/C ON WITH CRUISE AT 70-75 MPH HAS CONSISTENTLY BEEN 28/29MPG, AROUND TOWN WITH SOME SPIRITED USE OF THE MANUAL LEFT/RIGHT UP/DOWN SHIFTING, MILEAGE CAN DROP TO 18MPG. PREM GAS RECOMMENDED, HOWEVER I HAVE USED REGULAR GAS WITH NO NOTICEABLE ADVERSE EFFECT ON OCASSION. MINOR COMPLAINT I MISS NOT HAVING A DIPSTICK AND TRUSTING THE COMPUTER TO ANALYZE THE OIL UMPTEEN TIMES A MINUTE!! SUPER ENGINE, ALWAYS USED MOBIL 5W20 SYNT. FIRST OIL CHANGE WAS AT 18000 MILES PER THE COMPUTER. MBZ SERVICE MANAGER STATED THEY HAVE DISASSEMBLED AN ENGINE WITH 70,000 MILES AND IT WAS PRISTINE. MY QUESTION WAS HOW ABOUT AT 250,000 MILES??? OIL CHANGES AFTER THE FIRST ONE NORMALLY ARE ABOUT 8-10,000 MILES. PEOPLE COMPLEMENT LOOK/STYLING ON CAR QUITE OFTEN, CONSIDERING CAR IS 13 YEARS OLD. VERY SATISFIED WITH THE BUILD QUALITY AND BEAUTIFUL ALL LEATHER INTERIOR.. ENJOY IT IMMENSELY IF PURCHASING A WELL MAINTANED AND DOCUMENTED VEHICLE."

This is the best I have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

"This is the best car I have ever driven. So much fun. It's sporty and handles very well. This one is a manual transmission which made it eve more fun to drive. Never had any isssues with it. It still looks and runs beautifully. Just bought a new mercedes so this one is going to my lucky son."

Great Car!

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Great car, fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "???"

"My wife has had her 06 C280 for 5 years and still loves it. We bought it used for $20K and it has been one of the best cars we have ever owned."

Perfect for my needs

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "Versatile and roomy"

Cons: "Requires premium fuel"

"Bought this car used, but it acts and looks like a brand new car. Great driving, comfortable on long trips. I'm the "go to " person for carpools. Cargo space easy to use, and back seats easy for one person to put down and then back up. When this car finally wears out after many more years of reliable service, I'll be in the market for another Mercedes station wagon"

Great Car-especially since it's 13 years of age

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well on icy roads"

Cons: "Power Seat Motor Defect//1 cup holder//"

"I'm the 2nd owner, bought over 4 years ago... Spoke to 1st owner that traded for a Cadillac. She replaced a power seat motor which was draining the battery. Apparently, it's a defect reported by many. Simple and best solution, which was figured out the hard way--unplug the seat motors once positioned. Even the new seat motor was draining the battery, once the new battery was becoming weak, the rear SAM Computer Module and alarm were affected and had to be replaced. Once I worked past the power seat motor defect by unplugging them, it's been a very good, stylish and reliable car; I get compliments on it all the time."

Awesome car, can be expensive

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "Fast, fun, comfortable, great looking."

Cons: "Maintenance costs..."

"This car is a blast to drive. It's fast, handles great, and brakes extremely well, yet is still comfortable enough to take on trips or drive every day. It's gas mileage is so-so, but in the normal range for a V8. It's a very good looking car, but doesn't attract unwanted attention."

2006 C55 AMG Rocks!

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Power. Interior. Seats are awesome. HK Stereo."

Cons: "MPG. Repairs and maintenance is expensive."

"We have owned our C55 for 6 years. The car is an excellent from the drivers seat and boring in the passenger seat. You just want to drive it. Great power. Great seats. Steering is tight but not heavy. Car is a bit thirsty when it comes to gas consumption. The paint and interior surfaces have held up excellent. Maintenance costs are on the high side but not unexpected for an AMG model. Get an extended warranty through the MB dealer to offset long term costs and repairs if any. We have experienced issues with the air conditioning system and valve cover gaskets. They are known to commonly leak, especially when not driven as ours has low mileage so I have had to replace them during ownership. Exhaust note is throaty but not loud. Overall great ownership experience."

Outstanding vehicle for comfort of smaller person.

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "Great price and very responsive driving advantage."

Cons: "Very economical operation."

"Original owners retired with no other drivers in family. Garage-kept year-round. No visual surface wear. Routine maintenance by dealer. White-white exterior, with light gray leather interior. All options are in good operating order. Minor rear end collision required "bumper repair" and replacement of plastic spare-tire well. All performed by dealer's body shop with lifetime warranty on repairs. Current tire mileage is 10,000, on Continental Extreme Surface treads of highest quality. A few minor imperfections in paint, otherwise clean and protected. Almost void of parking dings in side panels, considered "near-perfect". No mechanical issues. No electrical issues. "Luxury Sedan". Owner is 6'3" and seeks larger new car replacement."

Wonderful Automobile fun to drive easy to park

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "excellent car fun to drive"

Cons: "Not for the Large Guy"

"This vehicle was purchased as a gift for the lady in my life. The car fits her like a glove. excellent throttle response great power band weather sport shifting or just casual driving. Handles as a sport car should without having to invest monster amounts of cash in a sports car. If you are a large person as I am getting in and out can be difficult but sitting in the car facing out of the door and swinging your leg's in minimizes the effort. Some complain of having to use premium fuel but is really is an inexpensive car to maintain and drive as mom's grocery getter and get around town car without having a soccer mom's vehicle. I think it keeps her sassy. Love this car"

Best Vehicle ever

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Cup Holders"

"Very good Condition"

Vehicle has been extremely reliable for 10 years

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

"This car has been great for over 10 years has had no major engine or transmission issues. It is however dinged up after 10 years in the city. Not the prettiest Mercedes but very reliable."

SWEET RIDE !

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Great Fun Car--- Sweet Ride--- $ 10,000 Offer"

Cons: "0"

"I love this car, Change the oil on time, every time and some loving care !"

Great car- 30mpg - great road car, solid as a rock

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "Solid! Quiet, great gas mileage! Low maintenance"

Cons: "Expensive parts, maintenance!"

"See pros and cons!"