2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

8.2

Based on 829 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

I love my car!!

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Very safe (built strong), sound system"

Cons: "Price to maintain"

"I bought this car 2yrs ago and I love it. It's just very expensive to maintain I just spent $598.62 for a new alternator. The electrical system sucks lol. But over all this car is very safe I had an accident I was hit from behind by a Jeep Cherokee the front of his truck was a wreck and I had a small dent I was very happy that I chose Mercedes Benz"

so-so

By on Monday, August 10, 2009

"I bought this car 1.5 years ago from original owner keeped all maintance up to date. I dont drive it much (82,600 miles) started dying on me, changed battery,died again, changed seat modules, died again, changed sunroof modules same thing, I checked mercedezbenz forum, read lot's of complaints w/same issue (electrical). Nice but if you don't have $ for this type of car I would not recommended it, also good in gas."

never again

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Stay away of the C class. I have owned a 01 C320 for 2 yrs and had nothing but problems. I have replaced the alternator, starter sensors, and had to have the codes cleared by the dealer many times. Now it is at the dealer needing a $2700 transmission repair. Mercedes does a fine job of over complicating its cars not to mention the outrageous cost of service. You will get the looks but its not worth the cost of keeping it on the road."

Excellent Ride

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"Love my Mercedes. I bought it used and it's been about 8 months and I have no complaints. Fun to drive and pretty classy."

Picked this up used, Pleasantly Surprised

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Good engineering,"

Cons: "Everyone tries to rip you off for repairs"

"Mechanically pretty solid. The value depreciates pretty quickly so you can pick up one pretty cheaply. Handles well in all weather even though it's RWD. Fuel economy is good; I get about 8 l/100km city and 7 l/100km on the highway after the engine is warm. The previous owner tried to do some repairs himself and didn't do a very good job, so I had to deal with that. But other than that, the repairs have been routine stuff: battery, tires, brake pads, belts. The only downside is garages try to gouge you for repairs because of the brand. I was quoted $2800 for replacing the springs on the front axle and about $1500 for replacing a front torquing arm. I turned down those repairs."