1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Based on 272 Ratings for the 1994 - 2000 models.

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, quiet, great on long trips"

Cons: "Parts can be rare and expensive"

"This is the first Mercedes-Benz I have owned, and I can assure you, once you own one, you never want anything less! Comfortable, roomy, good MPG (I get about 30 overall), classy, and quality built. I only wish the genuine Mercedes parts were more affordable."

My Dream Come True

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pros: "Perfect Handling, Everlasting Model, fully loaded"

Cons: "nothing that i can think of"

"I have 1999 c280 sport package, just one more step to c43 amg, I've had this car for almost two years, my dream car since i was teenager, i bought this car when it was still 99000 miles, nothing really cost me except for oil change, and tires, since i installed 18 inch AMG, I really love this car, i will keep this car and will never sale it, fully loaded with optional, powerful if we compare with BMW, Audi,Saab, I think Benz is the best car for German Technology, can't ask for more from this car... Love it"

Love My Car

By on Friday, August 02, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, and classy sporty style"

Cons: "No cup holders in rear"

My Benz

"I bought this car used in 2006, regularly maintain it and follow suggested repairs and maintenance and it's never stranded me or let me down. When I take it to the dealership for yearly tune-up/oil changes, etc... they give me another C230, new, as a loaner. My vehicle handles and performs better overall than the new vehicle. The center of gravity is much lower on this C230, giving me better performance in cornering and maneuvering. The brakes on the new models are way too touchy, I have power brakes but you know you are pressing on them, it doesn't jerk you but stops on a dime. Annual maintenance ranges from 600-2000 dollars high per year - depending on what is worn or needs to be replaced. The transmission is great, doesn't burn oil, gets 30mpg on highway, 25 city and I've never run out so the indicator is spot on. I can't say enough about this car - it looks great, handles like a dream, and I know what I've got. I think I'll be driving this car forever and based on it's performance so far I know that's a true statement. Bought it for 7k used, best deal ever on a car!"

My Benz

I love this car. High Mileage, but looks brand new

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

Pros: "Just beautiful"

Cons: "Expensive parts and labor"

"Expensive to fix, but this car is a beauty! Extremely safe. Has been in an auto accident, it totaled the Honda, and this car came out of it without a scratch!"

Very good driving car and powerful

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Good highway gas mileage"

Cons: "Gas mileage not good with city driving"

"However, I had to change the head gasket that I was charged quite a bit for, and I heard that they usually go quickly in those models. Considering the low mileage, I was really surprised the gasket went bad. The gasoline hose also had to be replaced because it had dried brittle that caused cracks that resulted in leaking gas. That wasn't expensive because I came across a decent mechanic that was kind enough to be fair. Price I paid for the car wasn't worth the head gasket I had to get fixed. Cost me over $2,000."