1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Based on 278 Ratings for the 1994 - 2000 models.

My Dream Come True

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pros: "Perfect Handling, Everlasting Model, fully loaded"

Cons: "nothing that i can think of"

"I have 1999 c280 sport package, just one more step to c43 amg, I've had this car for almost two years, my dream car since i was teenager, i bought this car when it was still 99000 miles, nothing really cost me except for oil change, and tires, since i installed 18 inch AMG, I really love this car, i will keep this car and will never sale it, fully loaded with optional, powerful if we compare with BMW, Audi,Saab, I think Benz is the best car for German Technology, can't ask for more from this car... Love it"

C43 AMG

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Fast, Incredible Quality, Timeless look"

Cons: "I only have one C43 - two would be better!"

AMG!

"Bought this 1999 C43 with 75000 miles on it for $10,000 in 2009. Wow, what a car, here we are in 2012 and I can still smoke just about any car on the road if I want some fun, handles better than most sedans, but the age is showing in that department. Talk about a rock solid engine, it just growls and goes! Mileage around town is 19 mpg, 23 to 25 on the highway depending on how much I push it. Amazing features for a car this old, it feels better than just about every new or newer car I've driven. This car sold me on Mercedes build and quality - they've got a lifetime customer - I've had Audi, BMW, SAAB, VW and domestics - won't ever buy anything but MB again. Next one up? C63 AMG - woo hoo!. Great cars!"

AMG!

By on Tuesday, April 07, 2009

"good car. easy to work on and solid all around"

By on Sunday, June 01, 2008

"Great car overall. It has good gas mileage and is very reliable. Handles great and performs well. Had very few minor problems. Other than that it still runs the same as the day I bought it. I would recommend this car to anyone."

Great car overall!

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"I bought my 2000 C230 used, with low miles (46K) about 2 years ago. I have had no real complaints. Yes, the maintenance is pricey, but worth it. I would rather take care of this car; it has certainly taken care of me! The only drawback that I have seen is during the winter. I live in Chicago, and the car, even in winter mode can be a challenge to maneuver in snow. But, if you are a competent driver, maintain your tires, and utilize the winter mode, you will definitely get where you are going. This is by far the best car I have owned, and I've had everything from a Jeep, to a VW, and even a Volvo. Especially for those who live in a city where traffic jams are the norm, this car is comfortable, safe, and definitely responsive! It's much easier to navigate downtown traffic with my car, and parking is fairly simple as it's not a huge vehicle. This one is definitely worth looking into!"