1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Based on 277 Ratings for the 1994 - 2000 models.

Great Car!

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"The 1997 C230 has been a great car. I love the way it looks, drives and handles. The c230 has a bit less get up and go than the c280 (6 cyl) or the c230 Kompressor (4 cyl w/turbo). However, it still has pleanty of power around town or to pass on the freeway and I get 20- 30 mpg with this 4 cyl. The longer I drive it the more aware I become of the quality and comfort this car offers. Great trunk space too. Also, friends often comment on the comfort of the ride and the ease to enter and exit the vehicle as a rear passenger. It would be five stars for value except for the high cost of dealer maintenance. Based on my experience, only the pro's at MB seem to know how to properly work on these cars."

Excellent entry-level M-B

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Reason: 2007 ECONOMY CRASHED

Pros: "Handling, safety, big-car luxury in a small pkg"

Cons: "Maintenance costs"

"For the brief time I owned this car, it was fantastic. Plenty of power, good retained build quality for its age and a lot of fun to drive. Maintenance costs and the economy forced me to return it. If I had bought the car in cash, I probably would still have it. The best feature about this car was its safety. It took a rear-end collision from a '93 Bonneville and came away with a scratched bumper. Their insurance paid $1100.00 to repaint, but that's all it needed. Solid cars, built like a bank vault."

A well-optimized, balanced, and beautiful ride

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, design, interior, handling"

Cons: "Tire life"

"A pleasing and durable car. Its ride, handling, and appearance are remarkably similar to the day it left the dealership (I bought it new 18 years ago). It’s required a few repairs, but nothing very unusual or troublesome. Repair costs can be a bit pricey, but the car’s worth it. Minor maintenance and repairs can be done by the reasonably competent do-it-yourselfer. It’s a well balanced car and handles well in all weather conditions, including Colorado’s snow (with the right tires). Tire tread life is low, however, averaging 20K no matter the manufacturer (with the right warranty you can compensate). Gas mileage with this 4-cylinder is reasonable at ~26 mpg in balanced usage. I’d buy this car again, absolutely, and plan to keep this one for as long as I need a car (and maybe longer)."

Best car ever, for my needs.

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "A 20 year car, for sure. Speedy and reliable."

Cons: "Compact. Not for tall/large people."

"This is the right car for me, a singleton driving in FL. Superbly reliable, classic style, zippy in it's responsiveness in bumper to bumper traffic and a nice smooth ride for road trips. Beware, ceiling is a bit low for anyone 6'1" or above and back seat is fine, but not roomy. I have owned the car for 8 years and it has never required anything more than routine maintenance, which I urge you to always have performed at a dealership. It has proven to be a fantastic value. I purchased it certified pre-owned and never regretted it. It is a very popular car in Florida, with the old money and country club set. So it makes a nice impression and has high resale in the area."

Love the reliability, drive, and overall car.

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Well built car and excellent drive."

"I bought this car brand new and have had it for 12 years. It is in excellent condition, looks great, and I would still drive it anywhere out of town. The drive is good and it picks up speed quickly. Not very good in the snow. I love this car!"

You cant buy a car this god for the cost!

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "price, fuel economy, quality"

Cons: "one cup holder, back seat space"

"My father owned this C220 before I bought it from him and the only thing he had to say was, "park it in a safe place." he treated this car better than his newer ones. Let me just jump into the specs. Everything up to 125k miles was original up to Jan. 1 of 2012. The only thing to go out in the car prior to this extensive repair was the air conditioning. This is a car that if taken car of will last 20 something years if you do not get tired of it. Form experience, the car get about 25 miles to the gallon city and 28-29 freeway. This is outstanding for a vehicle of its time. Overall between all the driving that I do, it comes in around 17 MPG. One downside to this mileage is the fact that it takes supreme gas, which isn't the cheapest out there."

Great value for a lower end luxury car

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Very smooth ride, even at old age"

Cons: "More expensive to fix"

"My family bought our C230 1999 in 2002 (used) and it's been great. Now at 203,000 it's only 'broken down' twice. We take very good care of it and as a result, it takes very good care of us. I get so many compliments on how well my 200,000 mile car rides. Along with the smoothness most riders think this is a fairly new car, and are shocked when I say it's a '99. Maintenance and repairs are more expensive but it's 'luxury'. You spend a little more and in return get something that is very smooth and fun."

love my CLK Coupe 134,000 miles

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "Handling. MPG."

Cons: "CD changer in trunk. No real cup holder. Rust."

"I love driving this coupe. Handles well (except in snow). 134,000 miles so it's starting to show rust in several spots. But still gets 20 mpg in town; 29 on highway Fold-down rear seats"

HANDS DOWN BEST VEHICLE ON PLANET EARTH!!!!

By on Sunday, March 21, 2010

"I HAVE OWNED THIS CAR FOR OVER 7 YEARS! I BOUGHT IT WITH 76000 MILES ON IT. iT NOW HAS OVER 208,000 AND DRIVES AS GOOD AS THE DAY I BOUGHT IT..SOMETIMES I THINK EVEN BETTER...LIKE A FINE WINE....I AM A MERCEDES MAN FOR LIFE! if you don't own this car yo are missing out!!!!!"

Reliable Luxury

By on Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"I've owned this car for almost 5 years and put almost 100K miles on it with no mechanical problems except for 2 minor things. These vehicles are designed and built very well. Much better than any American or Asian manufacturer. They were made to be driven very hard on the Autobahn, so puttering around at 75 MPH is nothing to them. The C230 Kompressors motor mounts are filled with silicone which may eventually leak at around 100k. If you feel any vibration this is probably the cause. It's an inexpensive fix that can be done by a DIY. I did mine. Note: Only use synthetic fluids. These are great inexpensive luxury cars that last forever."