1994 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Based on 281 Ratings for the 1994 - 2000 models.

Great car overall!

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"I bought my 2000 C230 used, with low miles (46K) about 2 years ago. I have had no real complaints. Yes, the maintenance is pricey, but worth it. I would rather take care of this car; it has certainly taken care of me! The only drawback that I have seen is during the winter. I live in Chicago, and the car, even in winter mode can be a challenge to maneuver in snow. But, if you are a competent driver, maintain your tires, and utilize the winter mode, you will definitely get where you are going. This is by far the best car I have owned, and I've had everything from a Jeep, to a VW, and even a Volvo. Especially for those who live in a city where traffic jams are the norm, this car is comfortable, safe, and definitely responsive! It's much easier to navigate downtown traffic with my car, and parking is fairly simple as it's not a huge vehicle. This one is definitely worth looking into!"

Great car for the $$

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"I bought my '97 C-230 used in 2000 and have had no major (non wear) issues since. After driving Caddys and Jags I can attest that while it is more expensive to maintain than a Ford, it comes nowhere close to the Jag or Caddy! Even though the C-230 doesn't deliver the same zip and style as the aforementioned vehicles, it does deliver a great deal of class and security for the money. If you have the chance for a decent price, I'd say "buy it"."

By on Saturday, December 15, 2007

"I bought this car about eight months ago and loved it since day one. This car got great gas millage, drove amazingly, and had pretty good power for a 4 cyl. I recently lost it though when a truck blew a red light at hit me going highway speeds. The front was crushed verry badly but i walked away with only a brused shin and hurt hand. Besides the fact that this is a nice looking and driving car, it handled a crash amazingly well and i think if i were in any other car i wouldnt have been as lucky. Great car though expecially for the money and i would recomend it to anyone expecially younger drivers who want a nice car but still would like safety involved as well."

Great Car!

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"The 1997 C230 has been a great car. I love the way it looks, drives and handles. The c230 has a bit less get up and go than the c280 (6 cyl) or the c230 Kompressor (4 cyl w/turbo). However, it still has pleanty of power around town or to pass on the freeway and I get 20- 30 mpg with this 4 cyl. The longer I drive it the more aware I become of the quality and comfort this car offers. Great trunk space too. Also, friends often comment on the comfort of the ride and the ease to enter and exit the vehicle as a rear passenger. It would be five stars for value except for the high cost of dealer maintenance. Based on my experience, only the pro's at MB seem to know how to properly work on these cars."

Excellent entry-level M-B

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Reason: 2007 ECONOMY CRASHED

Pros: "Handling, safety, big-car luxury in a small pkg"

Cons: "Maintenance costs"

"For the brief time I owned this car, it was fantastic. Plenty of power, good retained build quality for its age and a lot of fun to drive. Maintenance costs and the economy forced me to return it. If I had bought the car in cash, I probably would still have it. The best feature about this car was its safety. It took a rear-end collision from a '93 Bonneville and came away with a scratched bumper. Their insurance paid $1100.00 to repaint, but that's all it needed. Solid cars, built like a bank vault."