• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

1993 Mercedes-Benz 600SEL

Based on 124 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

GREAT CAR STILL A EYE CATCHER TURNS A LOT OF HEADS

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "LOVE THE LUXRY"

Cons: "YES NO CUP HOLDERS BUT I DID DESIGHN MY OWN"

"THIS IS A VERY SMOOTH RIDE HAS PLENTY OF ROOM NOT SHURE WHY THEY CHANGED THE BODY STYLE STILL GETS 30MILES TO A GAL HWY 25 CITY CAR LOOKS LIKE IT JUST DROVE OFF LOT I LOVE IT WHEN YOU GET UP AND GO IT STILL WANTS TO SHOW OFF"

Uncompromising Quality

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Pros: "Rock-solid,luxurious, classic, fantastic to drive"

Cons: "hard to maintain sometimes, gas guzzler"

"The Mercedes W140 S-Class is the last car that Mercedes ever built where quality was paramount over cost. Everything is overengineered and beautifully executed. It's like driving a rolling bank vault. I'm on my second one. First one I bought new in 1995, this one I got pre-owned a few years ago. Sure, there are newer cars today with more gadgets or modern conveniences, but very few can even come close to the driving experience of this car. Once you drive it, almost everything else feels like a step down -- and the cars that do equal it today cost several hundred thousand dollars. The car is reliable in that it'll never leave you stranded, but you do need to keep up with the maintenance -- and that can get expensive, especially once they hit 100,000 miles and a lot of the secondary systems need to be refreshed. But if you're okay with proper maintenance, you'll be rewarded with one of the best cars ever made. It was designed to cover long distances at high speed in great comfort, and it manages that perfectly."

Great car

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "Big, comfortable, plenty of power"

Cons: "regular maintenance is expensive"

"Very spacious, last of the BIG Mercedes. It's like driving your living room, and has room for all your friends. Massive trunk, easily handles 4 golf bags. Although this model had the air conditioner problem (bad evaporators installed on the passenger side of the fire wall, required whole dash to be removed for repair) once that was fixed, pretty bullet proof."

Finest Mercedes Ever Produced, A Maybach in 90s

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, Reliability, Fun, Quiet, Tenacious, Super"

Cons: "They stopped making the Car!"

W140 Limo

"This car was the finest car ever developed by the German Automotive Company Mercedes. I have owned several of Mercedes in my life, this one is by far the best, nicest, most reliable, and most comfortable to drive. It was the Maybach of the 1990s. If you have the chance to own one someday, do yourself the favor and buy it. You will not be disappointed nor will the car ever leave you crying in the rain. She is a beast in the night and will devour any american made car in her path. I cannot say enough about what an enjoyment this car has been. I love her now and forever I will be a true blue fan of the W140."

W140 Limo

BEST VEHICLE EVER!

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

"Complete perfection, my favorite car. Drives like dream..... Looks fantastic, strong, fast and reliable..... PERFECT"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz 600SEL near Honolulu. See local deals