1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SL

Based on 20 Ratings for the 1990 - 1993 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Good car

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

"Bought this car from an auction wasn't running just needed a new battery. Never had it break down on me once! Car is very solid and very fast 5.0 v8 with a 4 speed auto transmission with long gears and its stable all the way up to 155. The convertible feature is cool because it has a removable hard top and soft top I don't use it that much because its not for me but I have tried it out and its fun. My only complaint would be the mpg but if you want something economical you wouldn't be looking at sports cars would you? The car gets on average 16-18 city and will get 19-23 hwy if you keep off the throttle this is with the older CIS injection system e-carb whatever you want to call it which is very reliable. I bought this car because they are so cheap and the engine and transmission are known for their reliability. other notes car eats boxsters and brakes"

Pleasure to drive

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "Rides like a rocket, better them most new cars"

Cons: "no cup holder, cassette holder bites"

"This is a classic vehicle. Repairs can be high but not if you know what your doing. Alot of deals on parts on the internet. This was a 90000 car in 91 and why Princess Di caused a stir by buying this instead of a British car"

GREAT CAR TO OWN

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

Pros: "VERY FAST AND SAFE"

Cons: "COSTLY REPAIRS"

"VERY FAST"

Fun to Drive!!!

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive. Lots of compliments."

Cons: "Costly repairs"

"I have owned this car for 5 yrs. and still Love it! Handles and corners really well esp. for being heavy. Good power and is pretty quick off the line (as long as you start out in true 1st gear). Three looks; top down, soft top, hard top. Don't forget the rollbar up or down! Only complaints are the repair bills. $800 for an A/C hose...Prone to ASR problems-$700-$1700 average repair. Still worth every penny to me."

Fun CAR to Drive

By on Thursday, September 08, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive! Looks Great,Luxurious beautiful car"

Cons: "LOL no cup holders, Work is expensive to have done for this car. But if you do it the car will last"

"First of I do love my 500sl. The only car I have enjoyed more is my SEC. The SL is small, but fun to drive. I got a great deal on mine ($6000), and got the extended warranty($3000). The warranty has already paid for itself.(engine issue and tentioner) I also spent $1200 from the tuneup on it. It is a Benz so you get what you pay for. Its not cheap to fix, but you will look good wherever you go. I would buy another one again in a second. One more thing the electrical goes crazy every once in a while but usually you restart the car and everything is OK. Hope this helps"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz 500SL near Honolulu. See local deals