1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL

Based on 21 Ratings for the 1992 - 1993 models.

I love this car. We baby her

By on Friday, August 7, 2015

Pros: "This car can often be found with fewer than 60K mi"

Cons: "Expensive to repair, drive, house, maintain."

"This car is not economical or about "common sense" at any level. It's about enjoying the ride. Glancing over at your reflection in a plate glass window as you're driving and admiring that classic body look. It's about getting shocking repair bills for the most minor things and being over charged for nearly everything. If it costs $100 for a complete repair to your Honda, it will cost $500+ for the same repair to this vehicle, PLUS parts. Nice smooth acceleration, but get used to dropping a quarter tank of premium gas if you pass anyone on the freeway.Turning radius is very tight. Handles beautifully on curvy mountain roads. Our clothtop is brand new. Hardly any use."

By on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

1993 Super Car

By on Saturday, February 16, 2008

"I have owned my SL now for 3 years, I haven't had any major problems with the car other than having to replace one of the hydrolic pumps for the top. Those pumps can be expensive, but isn't any trip to any dealer that way? Very fast, fun and reliable. This car is truly a great car. Even having a 93 model, I still get looks in it. I wouldn't hesitate in buying another one. If you've always wanted a mercedes and convertible, this is the one to buy."

Sleeper

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"This 5 liter 300+hp 300lb torque little wolf in sheeps clothing will suprise everyone.Great ride, 50mph hard right turns,pop up rollbar,this tuff car will do it all.$80k new,if the center mirror is power,obviously it has everything available in 1990. And it's Mercedes best. Soft top power has a mind of its own,but it can be handeled manually.Great fun for $10-12K."

Fun CAR to Drive

By on Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive! Looks Great,Luxurious beautiful car"

Cons: "LOL no cup holders, Work is expensive to have done for this car. But if you do it the car will last"

"First of I do love my 500sl. The only car I have enjoyed more is my SEC. The SL is small, but fun to drive. I got a great deal on mine ($6000), and got the extended warranty($3000). The warranty has already paid for itself.(engine issue and tentioner) I also spent $1200 from the tuneup on it. It is a Benz so you get what you pay for. Its not cheap to fix, but you will look good wherever you go. I would buy another one again in a second. One more thing the electrical goes crazy every once in a while but usually you restart the car and everything is OK. Hope this helps"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz 500SL near Honolulu. See local deals