2004 Mazda Tribute

8.3

Based on 412 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Great vehicle! Inexpensive for an SUV!

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "Only about $23,000 new; unlike other SUVs!"

Cons: "Leaking crank shaft seals."

"It has the size that makes it great for travel and any use, but not so big that it feels like a tank! Feels safe. Don't have to climb up into it; just turn and sit. VERY inexpensive for an SUV; good gas mileage; I had been used to small cars, but this one was not a huge transition. vERY comfortable. Too bad they are not making the Tribute any more! I shall expect at least 200,000 miles out of this one! Downside, only one thing: at only 70,000 miles, leaking crank shaft seals, both ends. Very small leakage, but shouldn't be like that. I have a 1997 Geo Prizm LSI w/ 175,000 miles that has NEVER had a major problem! Same with other small cars I have previously owned."

2005 mazda tribute review

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"I have owned this car for 5 years and have had almost no repair cost except the usual car upkeep. This would be a good car for young and old but it is quick because of it's size .Good for short and long trips and easy on gas, easy to get in and out of (no pushing yourself up out of the car) and has air bag's all around you. Excellent car in the winter on ice and snow. Goes up ice covered street's while other car's sit spinning. Have been in some pretty bad storm's and this car never failed me ."

LOVE this SUV

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"I have had my Tribute since 2002 and have loved everything about it. Fun ride .. We did months of research before I decided on the tribute. My husband searched all the reviews and found many rave reviews."

Grew to love it

By on Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"At first, the overall quality and performance were below the Passat that i was driving. However, after many miles of driving under a wide range of conditions, I have come to grudgingly admire this vehicle. The Lows: Road noise, weak brakes that chatter, no matter what tires I put on it, they always seem to "cup", poorly located and lit controls, body squeaks, anemic low and high end power, poor gas mileage - 14mpg city / 20 hwy, barely adequate heater and A/C, cargo rug came loose, Engine Computer Module (ECM) went bad at 80,000 and was expensive to replace. The Highs: comfortable seats, excellent vision, great sunroof, tires last a long time, goes anywhere in the snow, smooth tranny, decent cargo space, reliable - except for the ECM problem."

Love my car

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"I have had this car from new. The only item different from this one to the next year is that the shift on this one is on the column. Some folks don't like that, but it is fine with me as it gives more room between the two front seats. I have had absolutely no trouble with this car. Just had the serpentine belt changed at 75,000 miles as a precaution. I really like my car and get many compliments on its styling---I have the "titanium" (dark gray) color with dark gray seating."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda Tribute near Honolulu. See local deals