2003 Mazda Tribute

8.3

Based on 398 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "Great in the snow, comfortable, easy driving."

Cons: "Gas mileage!"

"Bought this new in 2003 and have kept up with the scheduled maintenance on the vehicle. I detail it every year and really hate to part with it, but wanted to purchase a newer vehicle for a 'milestone' birthday coming up. Highly recommend this vehicle and it is great in the snow."

great suv

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

"this little suv will go anywhere. great gas milage 20+. very few problems over the 8 years i have owen it. great power."

Good strong car

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

"Very realiable"

Loved this car, perfect run around car, dependable

By on Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pros: "reliable, great visability, fun to drive"

Cons: "road noise on highways"

"I love this car and have been driving it for ten years. Minimal problems and kept it maintained well; changed the oil every 3K miles. Has been reliable and a great "run around" vehicle. Has some road noise, but at the time I bought it it was top of the line. I hate to part with it, but would like a few more luxuries at this time of my life. I really hate to part with it, but it is time for me to pass it on."

Amazing Car

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, great turning radius, reliable"

Cons: "bad gas mileage, outdated radio/AC interior"

"I cannot say enough good things about this car. As compared to newer cars, of course a 2001 model does not compare to gas mileage, modern amenities, etc., but even now it is a fantastic car. At 16 mpg, it does goes through gas quickly, but I find that it is worth it. My car just hit 225,000 miles, and has only had one major issue, which was an easy, albeit inconvenient fix. It has never been in anything worse than someone rear-ending me, which is due largely to its easy handling. The acceleration can get a bit punchy at times, but for the most part it is reliable. The brakes are holding out exceptionally well, and although you have to want it a bit more than in modern cars, it still stops when you need it to without an exaggerated amount of forethought. Above 60mph or so, it gets noisy, but not unbearably so. Around 150,000 miles, one of the plastic handles for the heat/AC temperature broke off, so I keep pliers in my car to change the temperature. The volume button is temperamental, and sometimes up means down and vice versa. Those are the only two aesthetic issues - the upholstery and interior are in fantastic shape and have no rips or tears or other issues other than simple wear and tear from all the usage. One thing to note is that it is an older car and so the buttons and such are extremely simple. Other than radio presets, the only other buttons are the three knobs for heating/AC. It's an insanely simple interior and dashboard. I, personally, prefer less buttons and all, but it is outdated. The one thing that everyone who drives this car is always blown away by, I haven't seen anyone really mention, which is strange. This car has a truly exceptionally, insanely amazing turning radius. It truly defies logic and I am so spoiled by it. I know that once I get a newer car, I'll be bumping into other cars getting in and out of spots. U-turns are easy, as well as tight back-ups. Honestly, you can't beat the turning radius on this thing. I can't say much as to the safety of this car, as I've never been in any sort of accident except for fender benders. It is comfortable as well, and our family has made several trips up and down the coast in it. Really, truly, though, if you are looking for a cheap, used car, consider this model. Has been nothing but reliable for me. It's an old friend for sure and I'll always look on this car fondly. My goal is 300,000 miles, and we'll see if it makes it that far."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda Tribute near Honolulu. See local deals