2011 Mazda RX-8

8.0

Based on 472 Ratings for the 2004 - 2011 models.

Outstanding Sports Car!

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun, Fun, Fun to drive!"

Cons: "low torque!"

"If you like to have fun driving the RX-8 is for you... maybe not the most powerful and fast on a straight line... but boy... does it drive good... it is like driving a go-kart! My only complaint is that it lacks torque, so of the start is slow... once you build up RPMs it goes... If you have a heavy foot... like most RX-8 drivers do! it does have an appetite! it will do 19-20MPH Highway, if you slow down and watch your acceleration (no fun!) it will do 23... so is up to you..."

Smooth ride!

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pros: "amazing handling"

"I've owned this car for about a year now, and after reading some of the other reviews, I can answer some of the complaint problems. This car runs absolutely amazing and has amazing top end speed! Yeah, it may be a little slower off the go than a v8, but what can you expect from such a little engine. Now i see a couple of complaints about having a problem starting it when its hot. there's a pretty cheap fix to that problem, you need to buy an after market ignition which is not that hard of a replacement at all. After snubbing or just turning off the car for a min or so, the car will fire instantly right off the go. Another cheap after market piece i highly recommend people to buy is the nrg grounding kit. I also have bought the aem cold air intake if your looking for that extra power and added gas mileage this 300 dollar investment is a great one. Other than that this car has perfect handling, take sharp curves at high speeds without a problem, an extremely smooth ride. Comes with a great speaker system, overall a great car that you can find for a decent price. Just pay attention to your fluids and the rotary should stay in top notch condition."

Very Reliable, handles great, fits like a glove.

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Great Value for a 4 seat sports car."

Cons: "The gas mileage."

"The mazda has been very reliable. People constantly comment on the styling. The car is very quick and handles like your riding on rails. The interior is very quiet and the rear seats come in handy for small children. The one draw back is the gas mileage. It performs like a v8, but uses fuel like a v6. Some people may or may not like the feel of the road."

I love my RX-8

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "Great looking, great handling super fun to drive."

Cons: "not the greatest mileage, but this is the only con"

"Learn about the rotary engine, and how to keep it performing at its best and I guarantee you will love your RX-8 as much as I love mine. THis car is a nice tight drive, and it is so much fun to drive. By far it is the most awesome car I have ever owned. Judging by the way it is at this point I clearly expect to hit 300000. before having to do anything other than good periodic maintanence. Think about it there are two moving parts in a rotary engine they are the rotaries. Also this engine is the smallest engine I have ever seen in my life, and the power is absolutely amazing."

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pros: "Great looking, pleasure to drive, better than a man-cave"

Cons: "poor gas mileage, expensive to service"

"My 2004 RX8 has been an absolute joy to own. The good; It's fast, sleek looking and turns lots of heads. The power on the road is incredible as I accelerate to more than 90 mph in seconds and it's smooth as a whistle.This car is a very reliable "chic magnet" as well as a great conversation topic with the guys. The bad; My review would have been all fives if it weren't for the poor gas mileage (16 mpg in town and 19 mpg on the road) and the quirky engine flooding problem when you turn on the engine and don't give it enough time to regulate the fuel before turning it off. The ugly; the engine had to be replaced at 39,900 miles but since then the car has had no major problems."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda RX-8 near Honolulu. See local deals