2004 Mazda RX-8

8.0

Based on 477 Ratings for the 2004 - 2011 models.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pros: "Great looking, pleasure to drive, better than a man-cave"

Cons: "poor gas mileage, expensive to service"

"My 2004 RX8 has been an absolute joy to own. The good; It's fast, sleek looking and turns lots of heads. The power on the road is incredible as I accelerate to more than 90 mph in seconds and it's smooth as a whistle.This car is a very reliable "chic magnet" as well as a great conversation topic with the guys. The bad; My review would have been all fives if it weren't for the poor gas mileage (16 mpg in town and 19 mpg on the road) and the quirky engine flooding problem when you turn on the engine and don't give it enough time to regulate the fuel before turning it off. The ugly; the engine had to be replaced at 39,900 miles but since then the car has had no major problems."

Best sports car I ever owned.

By on Friday, January 4, 2008

"I have owned a Grand Touring MT RX8 since Jan. 2004 and have no intention of giving it up any time soon. I have owned MG's, an Alpha Romeo, Mustang, 240Z, Eclipse, Celica, and Lancia. I've ridden in Jaguars, a 450hp Porsche, a 350Z and many others. After all that, I still would pick this car over any of them (maybe not the 450hp Porsche). The RX8 rides more comfortably yet handles better and has more interior room than all of them. In fact the Mustang has much less interior space than the RX8 and most people don't even think I have a back seat. That's the way I like it. It looks like a two door and it's not. People who don't own it think it's slow because at 5.9 seconds it's one tenth of a second slower 0 to 60 than the two seat 350Z (2004 stats). I like it that way too. Yet every major magazine that has done a comparison against all those “two-seaters” has picked the four-seat RX8 as their number one choice over all. Style, performance, comfortable daily driver, comfortable back seat (not just for kids), you just can't beat this car, not even with a 450hp Porsche (that rides like it has no shocks at all)."

Best handling car I have ever driven!

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Handling"

Cons: "Fuel consumption and oil burn"

"I have driven German and American Muscle cars..ie 911, corvette, camaro ss. NOTHING compares to the RX-8. It is not the fastest of this bunch, but what it delivers is more important. It delivers miles of smiles. I have raced my RX-8 at a track and autocross. The above cars were faster on the straights but get into the twisties and see you later. The RX-8 runs like a top. Every grown man should at least experience the pure driving fun of this car!"

Fine sports car feel with throaty exhaust

By on Thursday, May 1, 2014

Pros: "holds the road like a fine Italian sports car"

Cons: "low gas mileage"

"This is a car that handles and corners and holds the road at high speeds as well as any car I have ever driven. I owned a 350 Z and this car actually does all the 350 does but with luxury and road holding characteristics that are unmatched. Very nice car."

Love This Car

By on Friday, December 7, 2012

"I have had my RX8 for 4 yrs. Love the way the car handles and grips the road.. I highly recommend Nokian tires for this car. Since putting them on..I have not fishtailed unless I wanted to. I love feeling road when driving...The car has great turning radius and I have had no issues at all. Wish it got better gas mileage though"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda RX-8 near Honolulu. See local deals