2013 Mazda Miata MX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,524 - $24,499.

10/8.3

9.4

Based on 191 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great little car

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"I have a 2006 Miata that I bought new... It is a great little sports car, reliable and fun. It has not broken down once since I have owned it, and I have done nothing but scheduled maintenance. The handling is precise, it has plenty of power for a car its size, and throwing down the top can literally be done with one arm in 5 seconds at a stop light. The trunk is big enough to hold duffel bags for a weekend trip, and the keyless entry system has me so spoiled that I get irritated when I have to pull out a key to drive my wife's car. It even comes with a special set of "in between" vents between the normal AC vents and the floor vents that are strategically located below the turbulent airflow in the upper part of the cabin, allowing you to stay warm when the top is down on a chilly night. Nicely designed and solidly constructed. I gave 4 stars for performance out of fairness to cars like the Boxster, and only 4 on comfort since drivers over 6'1'' or so would likely feel a bit cramped and the suspension is tuned more for performance than soft ride. Overall, though, I highly recommend the Miata to those looking for an old school sports car feel without the attendant reliability problems or rough edges."

Fantastic Sporty Convertible

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

Pros: "Great price and pure fun"

Cons: "Lack of interior room"

"This car does exactly as it is intended to do. It hugs the road for superior driving. It looks fantastic, great sound system, works with my iPod but also plays old school CDs. It is a FUN car to drive! Whoever purchases this car should be realistic in the space allowance. The car turns on a dime and can fit into any Parkin spot. It can even go between cars - almost like a motorcycle, but this is traded for interior room and trunk space...not a lot of trunk space."

Chick Magnet

By on Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"One of the best cars I have ever owned. Even little old ladies stop to compliment its good looks. It handles exceptionally well in winding roads and gets superior gas mileage. Not a family car, but a wonderful commuter that takes the pain out of rush hour. Took one star off for comfort because it's no Caddy, but my wife and I drove it over 3500 miles from the dealer to home in mid December 2008 (MD to CA) and suffered no aches or pains. We will keep this baby till the wheels fall off!"

superb toy

By on Thursday, November 01, 2007

"This is my second MX5 and what an improved machine it is. Much better performance, handling and comfort. I am even getting better gas mileage than my 1990 model. I have yet to get less than 30 mpg no matter how hard I drive this car. Even got in the mid 40's during a slow tour of Yellowstone last summer. The optional suspension package makes this car handle like a go cart on crooked roads. I live in the Sierras where there are great mountain roads to explore. This is a great car for that. Expect a lot of attention when you drive a MX5, and I am in my 60's. Terrific car, I love it!"

My second MX-5

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "great fun to drive, best bang for your buck"

Cons: "no variable delay wipers, credit card key"

"This is my 2nd MX-5 and I love driving them. The team at Mazda continues to make them better and better. The '06 is the last year for the removable hard top and storing it is a bit of a drag but definatly worth the hassle to have it, especially during the winter months and when commuting longer distances. the only downfalls this model has the lack of a variable delay for the windshield wipers and the credit card remote key. The windshield wipers only have 3 settings; delay, slow and fast. Living in Washington the lack of a variable delay is quite frustrating as we variable moisture in the air. Its difficult to explain. As for the Remote Key. I like the concept of being able to keep your keys in your pocket and still open doors/trunk just by pressing a button on the door/trunk as well as starting the car without having to put a key into the ignition. It works by short range proximity. The downfall to this is they refer to it as a credit card style key and it has the same shape as a triple thick credit card so I bought a wallet that had a slot for a removable credit card/I.D. holder. The key fits perfectly in the slot. Over time the internals of the key have broken due to me sitting on it. To replace this key is over $200. The newer Mazdas do not use this type of key but a fob for your keychain. same concept better execution. All in all I loved driving my 93 MX-5 and I love the redesign, improvements and overall driving experience with the 2006 MX-5."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25