2010 Mazda Miata MX-5

9.4

Based on 211 Ratings for the 2006 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 | Next

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"This is the fourth Miata that I've owned through the years and it is by far and away the best. I've owned each of the iterations, from original body, to the first redesign to the all new '06. Mazda hit the target square in the bullseye with a package that combines style, performance, comfort, reliability and great looks. The new fabric top is a wonder to behold and a cinch to fold. Unless you want to use this car year round, I'd skip the power retractable hardtop altogether. Great work Mazda. A fine car continues to get better."

quality?

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"This is my second Miata. I drove a 91 for many years. This one is nice, but I miss my old one. At 8,000 miles, the clutch simply disintegrated. It was replaced under warranty, but it's bothered me ever since. I never put a clutch in the 91, with over 140,000 miles on it. I'm afraid something else will come apart and leave me stranded again. This one has a tremendous amount of hard plastic in the interior, which has caused many sqeaks as I travel down the highway. The gas mileage is only 30 MPG on the road, while my 91 was almost 40. I realize this one's slightly larger, but a 25% decrease? The tires are wearing quickly. I think that much of the handling comes from soft rubber tires, so count on replacing them about every 25,000 miles. Once again, this was not a problem on my earlier model. I know that a sports car has a little "give and take" involved, but the performance is truly lower than the earlier models, and the handling is only slightly better. The car is purported to have more interior room, but the cupholder on the door is constantly a bother. I'm 6 feet tall, so I've got to fold up a little anyway, but the older one without the cupholder digging into my leg was much more comfortable. The center console is more of the hard plastic, and it's very uncomfortable to rest an elbow on. I was able to buy an aftermarket pad for the old one, but it's impossible on this model since the console slides open instead of hinges. It's still fun to drive on very short trips, but who wants to spend 20K on a toy to sit in the garage until it's sunny outside only to return after a few miles. I'd much rather take a long drive through the twisties, but it's not any fun being uncomfortable while doing so. The Honda S roadster offers much more comfort for a little more money. Needless to say, I'm somewhat disappointed with the purchase. I'm thinking of trading soon. At least it's held a good resale value."

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

Excellent roadster

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"the best Mazda yet! excellent response as usual, plus the retractable hard top. I'll put this up beside a BMW any day!"

Love my car

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"It is so good to drive a rear wheel drive car again and this one has such a friendly "cockpit". I laughed at having 4 cupholders in a two seater...but I love it. Fun car!"

Fun!! Fun!! Fun!!

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"A blast to drive!! I was hooked after the test drive! Great handling, styling, brakes, and enough hp for spirited driving. Low insurance rates. The only negatives are rear visibilty and can be cramped for long tips. It is my daily commuter. i sold my other car (96 Maxima 5 spd) because I never drove it."

Great Ride

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"When we moved to Florida we decided that we had to get a convertible. After extensive research, the obvious choice based on price/quality was the MX-5. We have not been desappointed. The torque of this car makes it delightful to catch red lights just so one can accelerate again from 0 mph to whatever the speed limit is! The handling is also superb. The interior is quite comfortable for someone not as tall as me, but I do feel for my taller friends who cannot stretch their legs. In short, this car is much fun to drive! Much better if you are shorter than 6'0"."

best roadster ever!

By on Sunday, July 08, 2007

"Love the drive, easy to work with power hard top. This car has alot of get up and go. I can't even think of a better ride for a roadster. A must have for anyone, Young or Old!"

Dream car

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"Only slight issue is with raising convertible top. Have to get out of car to raise it and no way to do it with twisting your back an odd way. Would be a problem if you had lower back issues. Other than that, I LOVE IT!"

Fun Toy

By on Wednesday, May 30, 2007

"I have a 2006 Grand Touring edition MX-5. Six speed manual shifter with tan leather interior. This miata was my dream car since I was fourteen and the first edition hit the streets in 1989. This car is a blast to own and to drive. If you are an owner of this car you feel as if you are a member of a very tightnit community. Miata owners are known to wave at one another when they pass on the street, just because we own a miata. If you are a miata owner be prepared for people to stop you on the street and ask about the car, if all part of the fun and excitement of being an owner of this fantastic automobile."

Awesome, fun little car

By on Friday, April 27, 2007

"This is one perky, nimble, high quality, almost luxurious, little sports car! And a darn good value, too! Compare this cutie to the competition. I'm surprised everyone doesn't drive one of these. The Japanese have developed a near-perfect hit with this car - keep up the great work!"

Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda Miata MX-5 near Honolulu. See local deals