2010 Mazda Miata MX-5

9.4

Based on 207 Ratings for the 2006 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

Love it

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive."

Cons: "I would prefer a retractable hardtop."

"Excellent handling, stick-shift is smooth, good visability, good sound system. The car knows what I want it to do. Excelent on curves, fun driving. My next MX-5 will have a retractable hardtop."

Love it, especially the 6 speed auto

By on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Pros: "Fun, even with the automatic"

Cons: "Noisy with the top up."

"I thought I wanted a stick, but after over a year I love having the 6 speed auto. I can still shift with the paddles. I only test drove with the top down. It's noisy with the top up, but that's not often. Getting 28 mpg or better all the time."

Fanatic handling

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pros: "Outstanding build quality and Fanatic handling ."

Cons: "Tight cabin for larger people."

"The Club model comes with Sport-tuned suspension with Bilstein shocks Limited-slip differential makes it a Fanatic handling car. The ride is firm but that what is expected with this suspension. Precise handling characteristics fifty fifty weight distribution. Outstanding build quality utilizing high strength alloys and aluminum components to reduce weight. Love the Power Retractable Hard Top well designed however do get some wind noise. Exceeded EPA mileage city/highway (mpg): 21/28 getting 31 mpg."

The love of my life with four wheels.

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pros: "Fun, easy to handle and park. A real mood booster"

Cons: "AS above. not a great care for large folks."

"This is my fourth Miata. Have owned one since they became available. Love it, Love it. Now have a 2008 GT. I'm a small person so it is a perfect car for me. Would not recommend it for a large person."

Excellent 2nd Vehicle

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and reliable."

Cons: "Not designed for long distance travel -- too noisy"

"Fun and reliable. 6 speed transmission shifts very easily. I refer to it as "my therapist." Corners as if it's "on rails." One doesn't sit in this car, you wear it; the interior's very snug. In the 3 1/2 years I've owned it, I had to replace only the thermostat; a known issue on the '06 models. Fuel economy varies greatly depending upon how it is driven, however, I've gotten over 30 mpg at steady highway speeds. You'll have a smile on your face after you've driven this car."

great condition

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive and it is like brand new"

Cons: "mint condition"

"I Keep it inside the garage all the time... I never drove it in the snow... few time in the rain... selling it just because the family is growing..."

Best Sports Car I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Pros: "Great driving machine, fantastic lines, comfty"

Cons: "Getting out at 66 yrs old..."

On the Blue Ridge

"Let me preface this by stating that this is my third Miata. I have loved these cars since I tried my first one, a 1992 ragtop. I love their driving characteristics, the pick up, the personal comfort when you are seated behind the wheel, and their style. I have owned 2 MG Midgets and 1 Alpha Romeo Spyder, and I have driven many other sports cars. This is the one that has the best handling, the most bang-for-the-buck! This 2011 Special Edition has a hard top, which makes it ideal for highway driving. The first month after I purchased it, we drove to Quebec, Canada. Two months later we drove to the Blue Ridge, and I put it through the paces at the Tail of The Dragon. Superb!"

On the Blue Ridge

Awesome Car! Bang for the Buck Unbeatable!

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "AWESOME CAR! Roadster like days of old only bettr"

Cons: "Mother in Law can't Sit in the Back. Awwww."

"Awesome Car! Bang for the Buck Unbeatable! I do have some rather expensive tires on her, and this car can handle incredibly well. Better than the BMW I used to drive. It's so much fun. People stare are you and wish they had one (pssss - hey, you can buy one cheap! Just do it!). Wonderful car, loads of fun, cheap to own, totally reliable, handles like a dream. By the way, they recommend Premium gas but it's not necessary (research it if you don't believe me) and it makes it even cheaper to own. GET ONE!!!"

Great value , Fun ride, dependable

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "good value, so much fun to drive , nice looking"

Cons: "it is small,road noise, merly adequate sound syste"

"Great car , handles well so much fun to drive , I love my car and this is my second Miata I don't like the addition of the wind shield between the head rests. It is what it is a small coupe, seats wont recline very far if you have long legs, not much storage room in the cabin that is easily accessible, no ashtrays for smokers. Wish the sound system was a little bit more beefy and I wish it came in a hard top . This being said , I may look at a scion fr-s next go round ."

Actually, this car is quite flawless.

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "see above"

"Improvements I would make: daytime running lights, or at least be able to see led display with the the lights on in the daylight. Secondly, I wish the brakes were firmer; pedal feels too mushy (soft) to me, although I have been assured this is normal."

Excellent roadster

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "great price, corners great, hard top convertible"

Cons: "A few small issues (see review)"

Waiting to be driven...

"This car is quick and handles well right out of the box. I have the Touring trim with a Power Hard Top and use it as a daily driver. Due to California weather, I am able to drive top down nearly year round, which is a huge benefit for convertible owners. In addition, it's our preferred road trip car of choice (at least until we have kids) because you can put the top down without compromising trunk space. The only issues I have had so far are as follows: 1. Rattling behind radio due to unsecured satellite radio wire, which would resonate as RPMs increased - fixed under warranty 2. A couple of other minor rattles - found by my Mazda dealer and fixed under warranty 3. Significant brake dust and squealing from OEM brake pads - I replaced the brakes early at 20k miles with ceramic pads and haven't had this issue again since 4. Rear struts are currently seeping - this is a disappointing issue because they shouldn't be showing signs of failure this early and the car is just a couple of months outside of warranty. I am going to contact the dealer soon to see if a goodwill fix can be made even though the car is out of warranty. 5. It's really hard to avoid swirl marks on black paint. 6. The interior door panels above the armrests show scuffs easily, but a quick rub with a damp towel removes them. When I think about the British roadsters the Miata was modeled after and all the problems they have, these issues seem pretty minor. For the price and the amount of fun that can be had with this car, you can tell why it's a well respected car by enthusiasts."

Waiting to be driven...

love it, love it

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "My 10 ratings in all categories says it all"

"We bought a Miata the first year they came out. Now on my fourth one, a 2008. As long as I have a license (I'm 72) I will drive a Miata."

Nothing to say except GREAT CAR.

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "Price, Fun to drive."

Cons: "None, if you accept the car for what it is."

"Everything that you could want in a true roadster without spending over $30,000. Response to asking for power and speed, exact steering, brakes that respond, this roadster has it all. Fun is what this car is all about. Wind in your hair type of fun."

The Driver's Car.

By on Monday, March 18, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "handling, charisma, blast to drive"

Cons: "interior and audio"

"Imagine this; Beautiful Southern California weather, minimual afternoon traffic, and a brand new rear wheel drive sports car for under $30,000. Today I got to live that dream in the 2013 Mazda MX-5 club sport. I was greeted by a very nice sales rep who had no problem handing over the keys and coming along for the ride. The club sport puts down its 167 horses thanks to a 4.10 gear ratio and its 6 speed short shift gear box, and boy does it. I was flying through gears with traction control very off, and it just put the power down where you want it. Throttle respnse is amazing and so is the steering. I found myself smiling the whole time until the inevitable stop sign brought me to a stop on the club sports amazing brake system. The car's chassis is very rigid for a convertible, yet feels very light on its feet. I found myself smiling everytime I was presented with a corner, attacking it with ease. The club sport definatly brings out driver confidence, and definatly makes you want to go out and drive. For a car that has low profile tires you would expect a harsh ride, but mazda has found a very nice medium between sporty and comfort. With the top up there isn't too much road noise, and sitting that low to the ground you do feel like you are driving around in a massive go-kart. Overall I was very satisfied with the MX-5 Club sport. The interior was on the lacking side as the seats only sort of held you in place, and the radio felt like an aftermarket from the 90's. I also didn't care too much for the lack of quality in the plastics but for under 30k I know not to demand Grass-fed-pampered cows hand stiched to perfection, but it would be nice if you are going to slap a club sport badge and give it sporty persona you should make the driver feel more like they are a part of the expierience and image that you market. Interior aside It felt like this car would be a great weekend warrior on the track, or on your favorite mountain roads. This is the perfect car for anybody, and I mean anybody. You don't need to be a professional to control this car, though it makes the driver feel as such. The overall feel of the car makes it have that charisma... the cheap and cheerful car that makes you smile. The car seduces you into a trance that makes you just smile, and as onlookers take a second glance, you feel like you are the big shot who knows what a car should be. Withen the short time i had with this car I felt as if there was hope in this world of electronics, and dual clutch automatics that make you feel more like you are playing a game rather than driving. I would recomend this car to anyone who still belives in the driver car, a person who likes there cars light on the feet, tight proper manual gear box, and drive wheels at the back. The club spec MX-5 really puts the driver back in the car."

Inexpensive to run for long term fun

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, inexpensive, Classic look"

Cons: "Noisy, body roll."

"If you believe "Less is more", you should test drive one of this! Miatas are light, nimble, fun, easy to run in the long run,and surprisingly inexpensive to insure (due to majority of the owners are in their 35+). Simple old school design (no turbo, supercharger, direct port injections.....) Nothing different than a 20+ years old super reliable Japanese car from Honda and Toyota in term of maintenance costs. Timeless and classic look make this roadster ---one of the bargain in auto industry. BRZ / FRS maybe more technology advances in these days. But I think it's not going to be as inexpensive to insure and maintain in the long run than the Miata. Not to mention, PRHT makes it even more special in its class. Of course, it's even close to perfect, it noisy at highway speed with the top up. NC needs at least an upgrade RX8 sway bars to kill the unacceptable body roll for daily driving. (Just a $200 fix normally including labor)"

Love my Mazda MX-5

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "Great car and fun to drive"

"I LOVE my Mazda MX-5. I have nothing but good things to say about it."

More fun than any other car I've ever driven.

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Zoom zoom."

Cons: "Big vehicles tend to back into you."

"Marvin is a '97 sport model I bought in July, 2000, with 10,000 miles on the odometer and in near-perfect shape. He's taken me on a 15,000 mile trip around the continental US with a side trip to Baja and gets me home up the mountain nightly. He's been towed exactly twice in 10 years with the only major repair being head gasket replacement a few years ago. I'm 62 and plan to drive him till I die since it doesn't look like he is ever going to. He gets a new roof and paint job next week - bumble bee yellow with black stripes for visibility. The only down side is my bad knees; getting out sometimes feels like climbing out of a well."

Love it. Had 2006 Miata wanted new Miata..

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "great looks- performance- reliability-"

Cons: "$32,000+ but worth it!!!!!!"

"had a'04 tiburon great car. bought 06 Miata loved it, traded for 09 altima coupe nice but missed Miata. just picked up '13 SPARKLING BLACK MC Grand Touring Retractible WHAT A GREAT CAR; PADDLE SHIFTERS ARE COOL!!!!"

Always wanted one & really love this one.

By on Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pros: "Driving with a big smile & rapid pulse"

Cons: "1st gear & reverse next to one another"

"Had several sport convertibles when I was younger and got tired of constantly working on them, so I switched motorcycles for a couple of decades. A friend got a MX-5 six years ago and had no problems with it. He let me drive it and that's all it took to get me looking for one. I've had this one for a over 3 yrs. and would buy another if This one ever wears out."

Fun little car

By on Thursday, November 01, 2012

Pros: "Great value, fun little car!"

Cons: "Not for long trips or snow"

"I bought my 2006 MX5 in 2008, it only had 5k, I now have 76,000. While it is a four cyliner engine, it has plenty of pick up when needed. It gets great gas mileage, and is fun to drive. It handles well, I call it my Barbie car! It is not for long trips, and is not for tall men. There are no bells and whistles, but a great deal for the money. I has held it's value well. It's a good idea to have a second vehice if you live in an area with inclement weather, as it has rear wheel drive, and does not go in the snow, at all!"

Great convertible with great price

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "Small, hard top, VERY FUN TO DRIVE"

"Wonderful and fun to drive."

Great drop top

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

"Not any major problems. Gas cap was replaced because it was making the check engine come on. Replaced run flat tires with non run flats. Have original brakes. Fit and finish excellent. Bose stereo replaced under warranty because CD would not play."

Fantastic Sporty Convertible

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

Pros: "Great price and pure fun"

Cons: "Lack of interior room"

"This car does exactly as it is intended to do. It hugs the road for superior driving. It looks fantastic, great sound system, works with my iPod but also plays old school CDs. It is a FUN car to drive! Whoever purchases this car should be realistic in the space allowance. The car turns on a dime and can fit into any Parkin spot. It can even go between cars - almost like a motorcycle, but this is traded for interior room and trunk space...not a lot of trunk space."

Best summer car ever!!

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "great car for the $$/ fun to drive/ good fuel econ"

"I have always wanted a roadster since I was a kid. Looked at the GM 2 seaters (Sky/Soltice) and I really liked them too. Drove the Sky. Very nice ride and fast!! Taking down the top was clumsy, and the top goes into the small trunk. Goodbye roadtrips with top down. Started researching the Miata took one for a test drive and fell in love. The cockpit, everthing logically placed, the shifter is right where it should be, the Bose stereo is awesome (it evens adjusts volume based on whether top up/down. I love everything about this car."

Excellent Fun Car

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "Light weight, styling, reliability, hard top conv."

Cons: "No spare other than sealer and compressor"

"Wanted a sport vehicle I could drive for leisure. I wouldnt choose it for my only car, but if you are looking for a well made, reliable, fun to drive sport car - this is it. I was looking at used 911s/Caymans/Boxers - but couldnt bring myself to buy one due to perceived future maintenance expenses. The Miata suits my needs perfectly.Glad I bought it and am looking forward to many many fun drives in it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda Miata MX-5 near Honolulu. See local deals