2008 Mazda Miata MX-5

9.4

Based on 206 Ratings for the 2006 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 ... 40 41 42 | Next

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"This is the fourth Miata that I've owned through the years and it is by far and away the best. I've owned each of the iterations, from original body, to the first redesign to the all new '06. Mazda hit the target square in the bullseye with a package that combines style, performance, comfort, reliability and great looks. The new fabric top is a wonder to behold and a cinch to fold. Unless you want to use this car year round, I'd skip the power retractable hardtop altogether. Great work Mazda. A fine car continues to get better."

quality?

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"This is my second Miata. I drove a 91 for many years. This one is nice, but I miss my old one. At 8,000 miles, the clutch simply disintegrated. It was replaced under warranty, but it's bothered me ever since. I never put a clutch in the 91, with over 140,000 miles on it. I'm afraid something else will come apart and leave me stranded again. This one has a tremendous amount of hard plastic in the interior, which has caused many sqeaks as I travel down the highway. The gas mileage is only 30 MPG on the road, while my 91 was almost 40. I realize this one's slightly larger, but a 25% decrease? The tires are wearing quickly. I think that much of the handling comes from soft rubber tires, so count on replacing them about every 25,000 miles. Once again, this was not a problem on my earlier model. I know that a sports car has a little "give and take" involved, but the performance is truly lower than the earlier models, and the handling is only slightly better. The car is purported to have more interior room, but the cupholder on the door is constantly a bother. I'm 6 feet tall, so I've got to fold up a little anyway, but the older one without the cupholder digging into my leg was much more comfortable. The center console is more of the hard plastic, and it's very uncomfortable to rest an elbow on. I was able to buy an aftermarket pad for the old one, but it's impossible on this model since the console slides open instead of hinges. It's still fun to drive on very short trips, but who wants to spend 20K on a toy to sit in the garage until it's sunny outside only to return after a few miles. I'd much rather take a long drive through the twisties, but it's not any fun being uncomfortable while doing so. The Honda S roadster offers much more comfort for a little more money. Needless to say, I'm somewhat disappointed with the purchase. I'm thinking of trading soon. At least it's held a good resale value."

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

Excellent roadster

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"the best Mazda yet! excellent response as usual, plus the retractable hard top. I'll put this up beside a BMW any day!"

Love my car

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"It is so good to drive a rear wheel drive car again and this one has such a friendly "cockpit". I laughed at having 4 cupholders in a two seater...but I love it. Fun car!"

Previous | 1 ... 40 41 42 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda Miata MX-5 near Honolulu. See local deals