2007 Mazda Miata MX-5

9.4

Based on 206 Ratings for the 2006 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

My second MX-5

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "great fun to drive, best bang for your buck"

Cons: "no variable delay wipers, credit card key"

"This is my 2nd MX-5 and I love driving them. The team at Mazda continues to make them better and better. The '06 is the last year for the removable hard top and storing it is a bit of a drag but definatly worth the hassle to have it, especially during the winter months and when commuting longer distances. the only downfalls this model has the lack of a variable delay for the windshield wipers and the credit card remote key. The windshield wipers only have 3 settings; delay, slow and fast. Living in Washington the lack of a variable delay is quite frustrating as we variable moisture in the air. Its difficult to explain. As for the Remote Key. I like the concept of being able to keep your keys in your pocket and still open doors/trunk just by pressing a button on the door/trunk as well as starting the car without having to put a key into the ignition. It works by short range proximity. The downfall to this is they refer to it as a credit card style key and it has the same shape as a triple thick credit card so I bought a wallet that had a slot for a removable credit card/I.D. holder. The key fits perfectly in the slot. Over time the internals of the key have broken due to me sitting on it. To replace this key is over $200. The newer Mazdas do not use this type of key but a fob for your keychain. same concept better execution. All in all I loved driving my 93 MX-5 and I love the redesign, improvements and overall driving experience with the 2006 MX-5."

driven one for 10 years and on #3

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

"I love my miata, and it is a true roadster. You actually feel the car on the road. Not for the smooth ride people. I will only drive this unless something happens I can't buy a new one. Alot of car value for the money!!"

Very fun but sometimes scary with trucks/SUVs

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Lots of pros, fit/finish, top, fun factor"

Cons: "shifter sticky, safety, too many cupholders"

"Owned my GT 6 sp. for a year now, bought it used, love the Galaxy Gray with Tan leather interior color combination. My Bose stereo cd player broke, had to replace it. But other than that, it s been a great year of driving. Incredible fun factor...esp on a warm sunny day. The top is amazing, folds up or down in seconds from sitting position. Im 6 feet tall and fold myself in it well. Once Im in it fits like a glove, like someone else said, you wear this car. Cant stretch out my legs but that s to be expected in a small roadster. Bystanders do notice it, and sometimes giggle - it brings a smile to faces. But I m not sure if they are liking the car or laughing at a tall guy in a small car. Sometimes I feel like Fred Flintstone or Barney Rubble when he drove his convertible "log" car with his head sticking up over the windshield haha Trunk is surprisingly spacious, nice not to have to lug a spare around (unneeded weight too). I go to Costco and load up the trunk and passenger seat with no problem. Sharing the road with big SUVs and trucks can be unnerving at times. You have to be prepared for anything-and the worst thing would be a collision in this car. They don't always see the small Miata and you have to be extra cautious on the road. The car is well built-the materials are top notch- and Mazda makes them so the sheet metal on exterior is thicker than average. The shifter can be sticky, esp before the car gets warmed up after a couple miles."

Very fun but sometimes scary with trucks/SUVs

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Lots of pros, fit/finish, top, fun factor"

Cons: "shifter sticky, safety, too many cupholders"

"Owned my GT for a year now, bought it used, love the Galaxy Gray with Tan leather interior color combination. My Bose stereo cd player broke, had to replace it. But other than that, it s been a great year of driving. Incredible fun factor...esp on a warm sunny day. The top is amazing, folds up or down in seconds from sitting position. Im 6 feet tall and fold myself in it well. Once Im in it fits like a glove, like someone else said, you wear this car. Cant stretch out my legs but that s to be expected in a small roadster. Bystanders do notice it, and sometimes giggle - it brings a smile to faces. But I m not sure if they are liking the car or laughing at a tall guy in a small car. Sometimes I feel like Fred Flintstone or Barney when he drove his convertible "log" car with his head sticking up over the windshield haha Trunk is surprisingly spacious, I go to Costco and load up the trunk and passenger seat with no problem. Sharing the road with big SUVs and trucks can be unnerving at times. They don't always see the small Miata and you have to be extra cautious on the road."

MX-5 grand touring

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great car for the money,"

Cons: "Noisy, a little small for longer trips,"

"A fun car to drive. This little car is a great bang for the buck. Seats are comfortable. Truck space is ok but what you expect from a convertible. The Bose stereo is fine but no WOW factor. Bluetooth is clumsy sometimes other than that all the controls are easy to work.Keyless entry is good and the speed of the top operation is a huge plus.Materials used in the car are also quality. The negatives would be noisey on the freeway WITH the top up.The car may be too small for some.The ride is rough on freeway but probably what you would expect for a roadster."

Fun car but small

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "sticks to the rd"

Cons: "underpowered and tiny"

"This is actually my wifes car. it is a bit ubderpowered with the 4 cyl and auto but the click shifter on the wheel are fun to play with. it gets great milage sonce it is so small and light so the premium gas is not an issue. top is easy to take down and can be done with 1 hand faster then an auto top retracts . if i listen to KBB it really seems to have kept its value but we put very few milas on it. if you can keep it as a summer week end car go for it just remember very little room for anything but 2 people and an over night bag"

Very uncomfortable car.

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "none"

Cons: "Trunk leaks"

"Can't even drink a cup of coffee in a mug, not enough room to put two small bags in trunk, very uncomfortable car."

Love it, but isn't for the large or tall

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Super fun head turner., gas mileage, responsive"

Cons: "Small, low to the ground, rough on bumps"

"Im only 5'4" so this car fits me well and I love to drive it, but my 6ft hubby claims its dangerous because the rear view mirror blocks his forward visibility ... And I can see his point. But it handles like a dream. The ability to "manually" shift conserve gas, which is great. I'm getting 25-26 city, 36 hwy. Top retracts with the flip of a switch and the push of a button in about 10 seconds. he only thing that would be nice is if they'd found a way to make a few more small storage pockets inside ... But it's a minor inconvenience. Love the easy keyless features, too."

Has been a great vehicle for me.

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "Fun, fun, fun to drive."

Cons: "Uncomfortable for long drives."

"Great car. Loads of fun to drive. Built like a tank. Not so good on long drives."

Overall Pretty Good

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, affordable to own."

Cons: "Very Small Cabin, no place for jackets or purse."

"This is my second Miata to own. The car provides what I expect it to. Thrill of driving a convertible, convenience of being small and maneuverable, control of a stick, and affordability. Overall a good reliable car."

My 3rd Miata and clearly a great car!

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "Great driving vehicle, great looks inside and out"

Cons: "sound system isn't as great as the rest of the car"

"Big improvement in pep"

Love my Miata!

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas milage, mechanically sound"

Cons: "Not practical, no protection."

"The Mazda Miata is one of the most fun cars to drive out there. It takes corners and curves like its on rails, quick exceleration and quick braking, not tons of top end speed. The car is small so not as comfortable as a larger car, not much protection if your in a crash, but if you want to have so much fun that when you reach your destination, you wish the drive was farther, then the Miata is a great pick."

Best car I ever owned.

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Handling, interior, push-button retract. top"

Cons: "don't have any"

"This is exactly the car you've wanted if you enjoy a car that handles and responds like a race car but you can take to Costco and have room for the big bag of toilet paper (as long as you're the only one sitting in the car). Seriously I intend to keep this car forever. I'll fix it over and over although I haven't had any major repairs yet. We will grow old together. It has the power you need for driving on regular roads and can pass on a one lane road going uphill in 6th gear! I never feel like I'm in a small car and it gets great gas mileage at 31 mpg if I don't drive it like a race car."

Great car!

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Great looking and great value"

Cons: "interior space"

"Have owned my vehicle for about four years. Got it with about 50 miles on it and have roamed entire Florida ever since. I've had a magnificent time doing so. Its a very nice looking car with a good engine. Drives nicely. The down fall for me is the comfort level of the seats and the small enterior. Not very good for roadtrips. All in all though, this is a great car to own. I would definatly consider buying another."

Love the car

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

"Everything works as designed, fit and finish excellent."

love my car

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "very fun to drive"

"handles like a high end sports car. the only complaint is no intermitant wiper settings."

lots of zip for a reasonable price

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Cons: "noisy"

"Fun to drive"

Cars good, company is not

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "good gas mileage"

Cons: "standard repairs are unbelievably expensive"

"This car is not as functional as I need a vehicle to be. I am trading in my vehicle as I got a flat - followed the owners manual/manufacturers recommendation - and the flat tire cost me almost $600 to fix. The flat fix causes the sensors in the tires to go bad - they get gummed up - and have to be replaced! Unbelievable. The company was not supportive - merely stating they understood that car repairs can be "frustrating" - so patronizing! If they would have provided a spare - I could have done it myself! If the only fix for this vehicle for everyday type of issues is to replace the mechanics, this is not the vehicle for me."

Great driving experience and feeling of free

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "excellent handling and response on the road"

Cons: "A bit bumpy and noisy"

"I love this car. I have owned BMW and Mercedez before this car and I have to say that for the price and reliability as well as the fun to dirve, this car has been the best of them all. Great car to retire with"

It is OK

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive. Pretty car. OK gas milage (26 mpg)"

Cons: "Leaky top. Difficult to DIY maintenance."

"The tops leak on these things because the water is routed through the car. The drain hoses are too small, so they get clogged (would even if they were larger) and that causes water to collect in the footwells. The drain hoses are a pain in the rump to clean out and the dealer wants hundreds to do the job. The keyless entry is a joke. The batteries need to be changed monthly as opposed to most other brands which are annually or even longer. I have had little issues here and there... These Miatas are simply not the same build quality/reliability as the older ones."

If you hate traffic. this car loves traffic.

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "fun fun fun"

Cons: "noise with top up on ragtop version"

"a blast to drive. everything is so simple with this car."

Amazing Car

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Steering response, cornering, nimbleness"

Cons: "Some interior materials"

"The handling, steering response, cornering, nimbleness, are all beyond belief. What an amazing car, and what a value..."

gas mileage great,

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "greta price great gas mileage"

Cons: "non"

"this is my 3rd miata had a 2000, 2007,now have a 2010, as you can see i'm a miata fan. so much fun to drive, gas mileage better then sticker rated, o did i mention that i'm 71 years young"

I LOVE MY MX5

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "RELIABLE AND EASY TO MAINTAIN AND A BLAST TO DRIVE"

Cons: "SEAT BELT WON'T RETRACT ALL THE TIME"

"I BOUGHT MY MX5 FIVE AND HALF YEARS AGO. BEST CAR I EVER BOUGHT. BUY THE 6 SPEED MANUAL. YOU WON'T REGRET IT. I GET 25 TO 27 MPG CITY AND 30 TO 34 ON THE ROAD. MY MAZDA IS THE FUNNEST CAR TO DRIVE. IT'S LIKE DRIVING A GO CART ON THE ROAD. I TOOK IT TO CAL. AT NIGHT WITH THE TOP DOWN AND A FULL MOON. TO MUCH FUN. IF YOU WANT A GREAT ROASTER AT A GOOD PRICE THIS IS IT."

Love it!

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "run flats in snow"

"Best car I ever owned! Wouldn't trade it for the world! A great drive at a great price and love the hardtop convertable feature!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda Miata MX-5 near Honolulu. See local deals