2006 Mazda Miata MX-5

9.4

Based on 208 Ratings for the 2006 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 | Next

By on Monday, April 07, 2008

30mpg + Zoom = WooHooo!!!

By on Friday, April 04, 2008

"This is my 2 Miata. I was well pleased with my 96 M edition,but my 06 MX-5 GT surpassed all my expectations. Its quicker. larger.roomer interier,(Im 6ft, thanks for more leg room!) and a kick but Bose system. I checked out the Sky and Soltice but over all the obvious choise for me was the MX-5. PS. If youre doing 65 in 6th gear and need to pass. Dont bother to down shift.just punch it! Zoom Zoom Zoom Baby!"

Except for this

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2008

"I own a 2007 Grand Touring with the retractable hard top. This is my third MX-5 over eight years. This model was a vast inprovement over the 98 and 2001 models that I previously owned. More headroom, much better styling and the RHT is great. The engine horsepower is more than sufficent and the top end proformence is outstanding. I was looking at the Skye and the Solstice and thier trunks are miniscule...barely room for a laptop with the top down. Very ingeneous of Mazda to not have a spare so the trunk is much bigger... they put run flat tires on the car. My only complaint is the hardtop does not fully close sometimes and causes a loud buzzing noise when I drive. I have taken it to the dealers and was told that it was a factory problem. I just wondered if anyone else has encountered this problem."

Love the vehicle

By on Saturday, March 15, 2008

"The MX5 is very fun to drive. I think it looks very sharp. And the price is much better then Nissan and Honda Conv. I know I will buy another one when it is time to get one. I just wish they had room for spare tire..That is the only thing I hate about it."

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2008

great value

By on Friday, March 07, 2008

"Well, I guess I'm a good source for a Miata review since this is my third Miata. I love the car. It handles great, good on gas I average 31 mpg on around town trips). Not the fastest car out there but not a cow either. As predicted, no problems whatsovever. Try it, you'll love it."

Great ride

By on Friday, March 07, 2008

"Had it 1 & 1/2 years, did have a Bose speaker go bad, dealer fixed it. Other than that it is great responsive, engine has more than enough for this size car."

Real Sports Car that's Affordable

By on Monday, March 03, 2008

"The 07 MX-5 is a great piece of engineering. It has really nice interior features and a sleek exterior. You can tell once you drive it that the designers focused most on the engine, suspension and handling. It is a real sports car. If you want a luxury convertible and handling isn't important to you get a Honda 2000, BMW 3 or VW beetle. Also if your taller than 6'0" the leg room gets tight and you may have to stretch your legs every 100 miles or so."

What a car!

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"What an amazing Roadster! It's not the most comfortable vehicle on the road, it's not that fasted, or the quickest either, but it sure is FUN! The top goes down easy. Unlatch it up front and push it back out of the way. Need it back up, no problem, pull the latch in the back, pull it up over your head (not the easiest on your sholders , but you don't HAVE to get out to do this. Clip and go. The Factory Bose stereo is more than willing to fill the air with music. (but that's not why you bought a convertable in the first place, is it?) It handles like it's on rails. Oh what fun to drive on a curvy road!"

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"I am thrilled that I bought this car!! I was searching for a long time for a roadster type vehicle and know I selected the best one. Not to mention the Mazda dealers are willing to negotiate."

GREAT CAR!

By on Saturday, February 16, 2008

"I used to have a 1980 MGB which I just loved. I sold it several years ago and have missed it ever since. I waited several years for the new 2007 MX-5 hardtop to come out and am I glad I did. This car is just a fun vehicle to drive. I LOVE IT!!"

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

Best Car

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Buy this car and you will never regret it. The only way I will sell or ttrade my MX-5 ie to buy another one."

By on Thursday, January 03, 2008

A real winner!

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"The 2006 MX-5 Sport model is my first Mazda. I have wanted a roadster since I was able to drive (about 55 years ago). I finally found one! This auto is my pet - it corners like a go-cart on twisty California roads, but will also hum along on a freeway (although EVERYTHING is bigger). Mileage has never been below 25, and usually approaches 30 (in both city and freeway driving, including gearing up and down on some twisty roads through the hills). When fueling, it is hard not to laugh at the behemoths (big SUVs and pickup trucks) soaking up the fuel and their owner's dollars. I originally leased the car as I was not sure I would like it. I subsequently purchased it and plan to keep it for many years. Owning a Mazda MX-5 (AKA Miata) is almost like being a member of a cult. To owners, their cars are much more than transportation."

Best MX5 built

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"Miata has improved ever so much from the 1990's. The new body style in 06 (NC) is larger and has 168 HP. The styling is fantastic and the ride has much improved. This is my 4th Miata and each model has been a big improvement over the previous years."

superb toy

By on Thursday, November 01, 2007

"This is my second MX5 and what an improved machine it is. Much better performance, handling and comfort. I am even getting better gas mileage than my 1990 model. I have yet to get less than 30 mpg no matter how hard I drive this car. Even got in the mid 40's during a slow tour of Yellowstone last summer. The optional suspension package makes this car handle like a go cart on crooked roads. I live in the Sierras where there are great mountain roads to explore. This is a great car for that. Expect a lot of attention when you drive a MX5, and I am in my 60's. Terrific car, I love it!"

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

best car I've owned

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"Bought a copper red mica MX5 Grand Touring 6 sp automatic with the Bose audio and Power Retractible hardtop in May 07. The car performs like it's an extention of your soul. Instant responses to steering, acceleration and braking. And my MX5 delivers over 32 mpg in mixed driving! Love the sensual styling, the quick operation of the power top...12 seconds and just the feeling of driving it. The top goes down for most trips. The Bose stereo sounds great with my custom mixed CD's. Absolutly no distortion, even at hi volumes. In todays congested roads, buying a more powerful and wasteful roadster like a BMW, Porsche or Mercedes doesn't make sense. Those overpowered models are wasteful and uneeded. The MX5 has more than adequate power and has a more beautiful classic, yet up to date ageless design. The MX5 is the 1st vehicle that I intend to keep until they come up with a solar/electric/hybrid version. The MX5 just makes driving enjoyable again."

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"I bought the car in feburary and have loved every second i have had the car. I drive it in town and on the poor highway throught my town in arkansas and it doesn't beat you at all."

Best roaster out there for the money...

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"The MX-5 Grand Touring 6-speed is by far the best roaster on the market in terms of price. Nothing comes close when you fact in the price/value. Premium pkg is a must with keyless entry and an apperance pkg is also desired to add a bit more flare to the car, which is already awesome."

"Replacement Harley"

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"I'm 57 years old and 5'10". I've ridden motorcycles for 43 years. I was going to buy a Harley, but the wife was tired of bikes, so after research we bought the Miata. We've owned it for 14 months, and have put 11,000 miles on it (just back from a 4,500 mile, 16-day whirlwind "drive-about" - much like the Australian walk-about, only in a car). I don't like the in-door cup holders. They do get in the way of one's knee, a bit, but they're not a big deal for a 5' 10" guy. Although it's not a muscle car, it's peppy and quick and holds the road like GLUE, even through very tight turns. The handling spoils you and makes other cars seem sluggish (in turns) and cumbersome. The manual convertible top is a breeze. I raise and lower it in seconds - literally seconds - from my position in the driver's seat. Obviously, it can also be raised/lowered from a standing position outside the car. I love the fact that wind in the cockpit is minimized (no dry eyes or bugs in the face). Also, if using heat (in winter) or air conditioning (in summer) with the top down, the cockpit aerodynamics keep a good bit of the heat or cool air in the car. I also love the fact that the top forms its own "boot", allowing it to go up or down in seconds. You never have to worry about putting the top down on a cloudy day, because you can put it up in seconds, right from the driver's seat, while sitting at a stop light! Stylish, economical, sporty, and fun. The MX-5."

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"This is the fourth Miata that I've owned through the years and it is by far and away the best. I've owned each of the iterations, from original body, to the first redesign to the all new '06. Mazda hit the target square in the bullseye with a package that combines style, performance, comfort, reliability and great looks. The new fabric top is a wonder to behold and a cinch to fold. Unless you want to use this car year round, I'd skip the power retractable hardtop altogether. Great work Mazda. A fine car continues to get better."

quality?

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"This is my second Miata. I drove a 91 for many years. This one is nice, but I miss my old one. At 8,000 miles, the clutch simply disintegrated. It was replaced under warranty, but it's bothered me ever since. I never put a clutch in the 91, with over 140,000 miles on it. I'm afraid something else will come apart and leave me stranded again. This one has a tremendous amount of hard plastic in the interior, which has caused many sqeaks as I travel down the highway. The gas mileage is only 30 MPG on the road, while my 91 was almost 40. I realize this one's slightly larger, but a 25% decrease? The tires are wearing quickly. I think that much of the handling comes from soft rubber tires, so count on replacing them about every 25,000 miles. Once again, this was not a problem on my earlier model. I know that a sports car has a little "give and take" involved, but the performance is truly lower than the earlier models, and the handling is only slightly better. The car is purported to have more interior room, but the cupholder on the door is constantly a bother. I'm 6 feet tall, so I've got to fold up a little anyway, but the older one without the cupholder digging into my leg was much more comfortable. The center console is more of the hard plastic, and it's very uncomfortable to rest an elbow on. I was able to buy an aftermarket pad for the old one, but it's impossible on this model since the console slides open instead of hinges. It's still fun to drive on very short trips, but who wants to spend 20K on a toy to sit in the garage until it's sunny outside only to return after a few miles. I'd much rather take a long drive through the twisties, but it's not any fun being uncomfortable while doing so. The Honda S roadster offers much more comfort for a little more money. Needless to say, I'm somewhat disappointed with the purchase. I'm thinking of trading soon. At least it's held a good resale value."

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda Miata MX-5 near Honolulu. See local deals