2006 Mazda Miata MX-5

9.4

Based on 204 Ratings for the 2006 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

It is my therapist!

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and fun to drive."

Cons: "Cozy driving accomodations; AC could be better"

"A Miata is not meant to be your only vehicle...but it sure is fun on a winding mountain road or cruising along the coast highway with the top down. The absolute best bang for the buck. It's very reliable, too. They're a much better value as a used vehicle as the majority have been very well taken care of and have relatively low miles. Mine is 8 years old and has just over 50K miles; that's a little over 6000 miles/year. The A/C is anemic and the noise can be problematic on a long trip, but....hey, it's a convertible. I have driven it from Los Angeles to San Francisco along the coast highway and enjoyed every minute of that trip. I have the 6 speed manual transmission but there's an automatic available."

super fun

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "reliable fun. lots of secret compartments for a tw"

Cons: "two seater"

"love this car. have had it for 8 years. the only reason id sell it is to fit more than one passenger. really great ride. handles beautifully."

Lots of fun,fun.fun!

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, fun to drive."

Cons: "A little disappointed in the Bose radio, but it's"

"This is my 2nd Miata, and it is such a joy to drive. This car corners on a dime. I belong to a Miata club, and we were taking 25 mph curves at 45 to 50 mph, with no problems. This is NOT a car for everyday driving and is a second car for me. Maintenance is easy and not expensive. No trunk space, but ok for weekend trips. It beats a motorcycle for fun. Recommend this car for people who enjoy handling and the feel of the road. Zoom, Zoom."

Best driving sports car I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "driveability, power to weight ratio, & cornering"

Cons: "no cons on this car!"

"In my 66 years of life I have owned many sports cars, including many that were much more expensive and "exclusive" than this 2011 Special Edition MX-5 Miata. This is without a doubt the most fun to drive, even better than my Mustangs and Camaros. It has an incredible cornering ability and it hugs the road like few other cars. This is my third Miata."

This car was a 50th birthday present to myself

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Hardtop goes up and down w/the touch of a button"

Cons: "Paint chips easily and only 1 auxillary outlet"

My Favorite Toy

"I purchase this car in 2008 for my 50th birthday and I am still celebrating. I enjoy driving this car today as much as I did 6 years ago. I gave it a 9 for exterior due to paint quality. The paint chips and scars easily, but can be avoided if you treat it like a newborn baby. ;-)"

My Favorite Toy

Fun vehicle to drive. Easy to maintain.

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

"Fun vehicle to drive. Easy to maintain. Top is simple and quick to raise or lower. Getting in and out may be harder for bigger person. I definitely recommend this car. A great value."

2007 Sport review

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Handling, pep and braking"

Cons: "Loud cabin, dim headlamps & no spare tire."

"Purchased car in 2008 used w/3,000 miles for my commuter. Other than regular maintenance I have had nominal costs. Window switch - $300. Engine light - emissions issue, $300. On my 3rd set of rubber. Replaced top a year ago due to early heavy exposure to FL sun. Tip - find someone that has replaced a top on a Miata before! It's a basic model but it's so gosh darn fun to drive. Different car with the top down but too hot in the summer. I love the paddle shifters. I can see this going to 200,000 easily. It's not a quiet riding car but good tires make a difference. In one word - nimble. Makes you want to drive aggressively."

Love my car! Best 50th birthday present to myself

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Best sports car for the money"

Cons: "limited space inside for purse, drinks."

"Driving this car makes me smile!!!! All the cars I have owned, this one is the best. So much fun to drive! Low maintenance and easy to keep clean. My husband is 6'2 with long legs and feels there is plenty of leg room. He's owned many hot rods in his time and loves driving this car. Mine is a 2008 with 42k. Wish there was a storage spaces for eyeglasses or a purse though. Handles incredibly well. Easy to put the roof up, I can do it at a stop light in 20 seconds. Fun, Fun, Fun. Great summer car!"

Great, fun car. Tremendous car for summer and on..

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Love the top down experience."

Cons: "Two seater and not a family vehicle."

"Fun drive. In top shape and ready to add delight to your summer and fall and beyond driving experience. Bought it as a second car about 1.5 years ago and need to reduce the inventory to one vehicle. Hate to part with it but at 72 years of age, don't really need a little red sports car any more. Asking 8.4K."

ultimate roadster experience

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "many smiles per mile"

Cons: "paint easily chipped"

"closest thing to a true British roadster experience you can get, only much better. 167 hp, would be much better if it was turbo and maybe another 75 hp, but fast enough to out run much more larger hp cars in the twisties where it really shines."

I love my Miata MX5

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pros: "This is a beautiful, attention-attracting car"

Cons: "Console is tiny!"

"This car is the choice for a person who worked hard all their life, and dreamed of owning "that car"... this is THE CAR! Her name is Lucy, because I love Lucy."

Owned alot of cars. This one was the most fun.

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration w/ the 6 speed, handling"

Cons: "Cramped cockpit. Keeping it under 90."

"For the price (I paid $24,000 out the door in 2006)this is a mind blowing little sports car. When you put this car into a turn you cannot help but have a smile on your face. It is a little cramped inside (especially for a larger guy like me)but I think that adds to the overall experience. You literally feel like part of the car. Acceleration is excellent, handling superb, fit and finish top notch. This car will compete with cars valued tens of thousands of dollars higher and in some situations even beat them. I cannot incriminate myself but one time on a back road I was racing a Porsche and maybe the Porsche driver lost their nerve but I left that car in my dust. But that is rare for me because most times it's just my wife and I cruising around just decompressing from our week top down, wind in our hair, music playing. But if you want my opinion to really have a lot of fun buy the 6 speed. Automatic just does not have the same feel as shifting the car. If you have an extra $26-30k and really want a fun car buy the Miata."

Fun to drive - it's a blast!!!

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "FUn, Fun, Fun to drive."

Cons: "uses priemium gas but not alot of it-- worth it."

"This is my "Toy" car, not practical for family, but boy is it fun to drive. The quality and performance are awesome. I can hardly wait for sunny days to put the top down and go Zoom - Zoom, if you like to drive this car is it!!"

Best Car I have Owned

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Light, fast, sporty, more fun than anything!"

Cons: "Limited space for people or luggage"

Mica Red with Beige Top/Orange Interior

"The Miata is the best car I have ever owned...though not the most practical. It is small, but that means it is sporty, powerful and handles like a Lotus. As a daily driver, it is amazing...it makes me want to get in and drive somewhere, even when I have no place to go. This is the best selling sports car of all time, and once you drive it, you will understand why. Space is an issue, so it is best as a second car, or for someone who understands the limitations up front. Quality and Reliability are a 10...fun is a 10, and even the looks are a 10. Forget the whole "girl car" stuff...this is a car for people who are true drivers."

Mica Red with Beige Top/Orange Interior

fun to drive

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

"handling, exhaust is tuned so perfectly. Not being a turbo it is pretty adequate for performance. Drive it year round with a good snows is very good in a snow storm. Just a great car to drive"

like new

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"has many extras"

So much fun to drive!

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive."

Cons: "Battery (life and placement) some cheap interiors"

"I test drove every sports car under the sun, most 2-3 times more expensive than the Mazda Miata, but none felt as right as this car. It was light, fast and nimble. It hugs the road and feels completely balanced unlike many of the other sport cars, though most with more horsepower and a little more guts, felt front heavy. I am a small woman, and often have trouble getting up high enough to see comfortably over the dash without a cushion, but this car has a perfect driving position for me; like a perfectly designed cockpit. My 6"2 boyfriend however, is less than pleased with the head height unless the top is down. Oh well! It does fine in rain, scarey in snow so i try not to get caught which is difficult here in the northeast, but as impractical as owning one here may be, this is one lease that I do not want to return. I can't wait to see the redesign in 2015 which is supposedly a collaboration between Mazda and Alfa Remeo. If you want a fun, reasonably priced sports car, this is it, hands down."

When I drive this car is like putting on a glove.

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Handling is awesome. Very responsive."

Cons: "Firm ride, interior not plush."

"The most fun for the price car out there. Have not had any problems in 97K. Starts and drives like the day I bought it. Replaced the struts at 70K. Regular service and the usual tires, front brakes."

Fun to drive but not practical

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Reason: Inpracticality

"It's a great car for the suitable person, but I made the mistake of buying a car in a rush. It's a great fun car to drive, except it can't take your daughter's friend when you pick her up at a school chorus practice; you can't take anyone to golf because the trunk won't accomodate a single golf bag, grocery shopping is out as you can't fit two bags of Charmin in the car. It looks too cute people thought it more of a female car. Getting in and out is a chore even for someone with a small figure."

Fun car but not great for everyday driving

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "It's a hoot to drive"

Cons: "Seats could be a bit more supportive"

"Due to the 6-speed manual and Southern California traffic, I feel the car is not the best choice for everyday driving. Drive on a twisty mountain road, however, and a smile will come over your face. The car is not fast but sure is fun! Reliability has been excellent; have only replaced the thermostat in over 50,000 miles (outside of normal maintenance). Comfort is acceptable; cabin is a bit noisy. The body structure is quite good for a convertible and has far fewer squeaks and rattles than my previous sports car. Looking into installing a supercharger as I'd like to have about 60 more hp; the power is adequate for "normal" driving though. I just want a little more power."

The thrill isn't gone.

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "Handling, fun to drive, price/performance."

Cons: "Bumpy roads not fun, uncomfortable on long trips."

"I've been trying to trade this car in for 3 years now. Every time I start to get serious about it, I realize how much fun I've had driving this little monster. Take the back roads, and really enjoy the drive. Find a winding road and it feels like you are flying by the seat of your pants. Heart racing, wind blowing through your hair. Just a great experience. Not the most comfortable for a long trip highway trip."

Fantastic Roadster

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "Wonderful to drive."

"There is not one thing I can say negative about this car. I absolutely love this little roadster. Drove this car from Ohio to Florida this summer and loved every mile. It has been washed, waxed, vacuumed and put to bed for the winter."

Love it

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive."

Cons: "I would prefer a retractable hardtop."

"Excellent handling, stick-shift is smooth, good visability, good sound system. The car knows what I want it to do. Excelent on curves, fun driving. My next MX-5 will have a retractable hardtop."

Love it, especially the 6 speed auto

By on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Pros: "Fun, even with the automatic"

Cons: "Noisy with the top up."

"I thought I wanted a stick, but after over a year I love having the 6 speed auto. I can still shift with the paddles. I only test drove with the top down. It's noisy with the top up, but that's not often. Getting 28 mpg or better all the time."

Fanatic handling

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pros: "Outstanding build quality and Fanatic handling ."

Cons: "Tight cabin for larger people."

"The Club model comes with Sport-tuned suspension with Bilstein shocks Limited-slip differential makes it a Fanatic handling car. The ride is firm but that what is expected with this suspension. Precise handling characteristics fifty fifty weight distribution. Outstanding build quality utilizing high strength alloys and aluminum components to reduce weight. Love the Power Retractable Hard Top well designed however do get some wind noise. Exceeded EPA mileage city/highway (mpg): 21/28 getting 31 mpg."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda Miata MX-5 near Honolulu. See local deals