2004 Mazda Miata MX-5

9.5

Based on 267 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

9.7/10

Terrific drive,very reliable, Fun fun FUN

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, very reliable"

Cons: "smog equipment needed tweaking"

"Bought this 2000 gem (NB model) for my wife, and after 10 years of reliable service, bought her a new sports model Miata. Kept the 2000 for a fun commute for myself. I've added a few modifications to up the performance about 15hp, which was pretty good to begin with, but not quite as much as the latest generation - it's a gas!! Ashamedly, I get into impromptu drag races right out of the toll gates and surprise my opponents by smoking them. YEAH! Even though I'm in my 60's, this car brings out the teen in me - without getting crazy. Outside of oil changes - 23 of them, and occasional tune ups, the only issue with either car has been the smog equipment - and those were fixed under warranty. I have updated the radio, wheels, new top I've owned 4 RX7s, a few Mazda wagons (for business) and a wide variety of domestic and import cars and trucks. This is not counting the Corvettes and Mustangs that I passed on. Even though I have a Mercedes, I usually end up taking the Miata. It is more fun than Vette or Mustang. True, it doesn't have the cache of my Bentleys or Porsches, but it will get you there and back with a big smile on your face. I'm keeping it!"

Miata. Bang for the buck

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Holds value. Good price for such a fun car."

Cons: "Lack of trunk space. Placement of cup holder."

My baby GaGa

"This is my second Miata. My last car was a 1994 Miata. Had it for 4 good years until the head went out on it. Only 110,000 miles on it too. I was spoiled by this time and had to have another. I recently bought the 1999 Miata from a dealer. I got what i want and for now i couldn't be happier. Master cylinder went out on it. Replaced that last week. Did regular maintenance on it when i purchased it. I have nothing bad to say about the car except i do not like having a cup holder in the middle console. Still selfish on the trunk space, but otherwise a well rounded comfortable tight car. Big scare recently when i took it in to a major well known quick oil chain, only to have them not tighten the filter and all the oil leaked out and i drove for days not knowing i had no oil. I would of thought a warning light would of come on. Got spoiled to cruise control which this car lacks. Other than that, i'm good to go."

My baby GaGa

Mazdaratti

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Sturdy, well built, great value, cheap to maintain"

Cons: "Trunk space limited"

"I have owned various 275+ hp cars (z28, Trans Am, 1991 Miata) but really, this is as fun as they get. My 1999 10th anniversary edition #705/7500 car. Even at slow speeds, I look forward to driving to work every day. Gets 27+ MPG combined!!! I love this car like a child, and it's no wonder that Miata owners are so reluctant to sell them, and if they do, it's usually over KBB price."

Love it

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Fun at any speed"

Cons: "Ride is a little rough, but who cares"

"15 years old still handles like new The most fun to drive"

Best poor man's sports car since the MGB went out.

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Best poor man's sports car since the MGB went out."

Cons: "Tonneau covers are impossible to find."

"When the last MGB was sold in the US in 1980 (after suffering all the import emissions and safety requirements that killed that car) the Miata came in to fill that market with a new (affordable) version of the 2 seater roadster in 1989. Performance and reliability were added, Lucas electronics and twin SU carburetors were dumped. I loved my MG(s) but I think I loved my Miata(s) a little better. Mac"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda Miata MX-5 near Honolulu. See local deals