2004 Mazda Miata MX-5

9.5

Based on 271 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

9.7/10

The titanium color creates an exotic look.

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

"The SE still turns heads & people ask if it is a Porshe? The handling, 6 speed trans., & great gas mileage for a sports car with the top down make this a joy to drive! The only maintenance is an oil change,tires, front break pads at 30,000 miles, and all at the dealer."

Fun to drive......not in the rain or snow

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

"Enjoy this toy of a car........FUN FUN FUN.........Well worth the cost, problem free car."

good value for a 1999.....$6,700

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive......clean ......"

Cons: "manual and now cannot drive it with heart problems"

"Beautiful shape.....just detailed,,,,clean carfax ,,,,3rd owner. All papers,,,,,some nicks.....have carfax....only 64,000 original miles"

4 wheeled motorcycle

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Everything except the con."

Cons: "Needs a real overdrive gear - big issue for me."

About to run The 3 sisters, aka Twisted Sisters, just northwest of San Antonio, TX

"Within the context of what this car is - a true sports car - it's nearly perfect, especially for the price. My one issue with the car, and it's serious, is the lack of a real overdrive gear. Without that it's only good for the sporty & urban ninja stuff, but lousy as a long highway trip car, IMHO. With the 5-speed in my '99, 70 mph is just under 4000 rpm. Several hours of that is very wearing for the engine and occupants. I have 29,000+ miles on the odometer but probably more like 40,000 miles on the engine because of the 5th gear ratio. Otherwise, the car is a blast to drive just about anywhere, the curvier the better."

Thrill to drive, very well engineered

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "A thrill!"

Cons: "NONE AT ALL"

What a beautiful line.

"I absolutely love this car! If I could give more points, I would. With about 245,000 miles on it, it still performs extremely well. With 240,000 on it, I let a friend, who races dirt bikes, drive it. He drove it hard around sharp, steep curves. He couldn't believe how well it performed."

What a beautiful line.

A ton of fun - believe the hype!

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Zippy and light, wonderful handling, great HVAC"

Cons: "Loud and bumpy at times, Bose system is eh"

"Excellent car thus far, although I haven't had it long. For an old car it feels brand new and still looks stylish and sharp (although a bit... playful.) Driving dynamics feel wonderful and the interior is as comfortable as a little sports car could be. The suspension is tight and speedbumps feel devastating, and it's loud and revvy on the highway. The car is small and certainly not suitable for everyone, but if you can get one of these even as a weekend cruiser, you won't regret it. I've driven German luxury cars and have quite simply never had as much FUN as the Miata offers."

Worry-free ownership!

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

"I bought this car new and except for a headlamp recall and routine maintenance it has never been in the garage. Fun car to drive! Not much room but you have to realize that when purchasing. Highly recommend the Mazda Miata!"

Fun, reliable, classic roadster

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "a blast to drive, economical, styling"

Cons: "could use more torque, a bit cramped if over 6'3""

"If you love to drive, and have another car for practical purposes, the Mazda Miata is a modern affordable classic. The looks won't go out of style, neither will the fun you will have.I owned a MG's and a Triumph in the past. Both cars were great fun, but they consistantly left me stranded on the side of the road. The Miata has been flawless in the 35 thousand miles I've owned her."

Really fun car to drive.Handles like a Go Kart.

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "A drop top race car"

Cons: "Too much for this 70yo guy."

"Bought new in 2002, Has Hard Dog roll bar, Racing Beat headers, Racing Beat dual exhaust, Koni adjustable shocks, Always garaged and never driven in winter, Ziebart diamond gloss and yearly reapplication since new, Bridgestone Potenza tires with less than 5000 miles on them."

Terrific drive,very reliable, Fun fun FUN

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, very reliable"

Cons: "smog equipment needed tweaking"

"Bought this 2000 gem (NB model) for my wife, and after 10 years of reliable service, bought her a new sports model Miata. Kept the 2000 for a fun commute for myself. I've added a few modifications to up the performance about 15hp, which was pretty good to begin with, but not quite as much as the latest generation - it's a gas!! Ashamedly, I get into impromptu drag races right out of the toll gates and surprise my opponents by smoking them. YEAH! Even though I'm in my 60's, this car brings out the teen in me - without getting crazy. Outside of oil changes - 23 of them, and occasional tune ups, the only issue with either car has been the smog equipment - and those were fixed under warranty. I have updated the radio, wheels, new top I've owned 4 RX7s, a few Mazda wagons (for business) and a wide variety of domestic and import cars and trucks. This is not counting the Corvettes and Mustangs that I passed on. Even though I have a Mercedes, I usually end up taking the Miata. It is more fun than Vette or Mustang. True, it doesn't have the cache of my Bentleys or Porsches, but it will get you there and back with a big smile on your face. I'm keeping it!"

Miata. Bang for the buck

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Holds value. Good price for such a fun car."

Cons: "Lack of trunk space. Placement of cup holder."

My baby GaGa

"This is my second Miata. My last car was a 1994 Miata. Had it for 4 good years until the head went out on it. Only 110,000 miles on it too. I was spoiled by this time and had to have another. I recently bought the 1999 Miata from a dealer. I got what i want and for now i couldn't be happier. Master cylinder went out on it. Replaced that last week. Did regular maintenance on it when i purchased it. I have nothing bad to say about the car except i do not like having a cup holder in the middle console. Still selfish on the trunk space, but otherwise a well rounded comfortable tight car. Big scare recently when i took it in to a major well known quick oil chain, only to have them not tighten the filter and all the oil leaked out and i drove for days not knowing i had no oil. I would of thought a warning light would of come on. Got spoiled to cruise control which this car lacks. Other than that, i'm good to go."

My baby GaGa

Mazdaratti

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Sturdy, well built, great value, cheap to maintain"

Cons: "Trunk space limited"

"I have owned various 275+ hp cars (z28, Trans Am, 1991 Miata) but really, this is as fun as they get. My 1999 10th anniversary edition #705/7500 car. Even at slow speeds, I look forward to driving to work every day. Gets 27+ MPG combined!!! I love this car like a child, and it's no wonder that Miata owners are so reluctant to sell them, and if they do, it's usually over KBB price."

Love it

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Fun at any speed"

Cons: "Ride is a little rough, but who cares"

"15 years old still handles like new The most fun to drive"

Best poor man's sports car since the MGB went out.

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Best poor man's sports car since the MGB went out."

Cons: "Tonneau covers are impossible to find."

"When the last MGB was sold in the US in 1980 (after suffering all the import emissions and safety requirements that killed that car) the Miata came in to fill that market with a new (affordable) version of the 2 seater roadster in 1989. Performance and reliability were added, Lucas electronics and twin SU carburetors were dumped. I loved my MG(s) but I think I loved my Miata(s) a little better. Mac"

Handles great, needs more power, deadly reliable

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Cons: "Average 25 mpg; not great for such a small car."

"I've never had a mechanical failure of any kind. I'm the second owner, and in the seven years I've had it, the car hasn't needed anything except fluid changes...oil, trans,and differential; not even a blown fuse. It handles great, but I wouldn't have gotten it with power steering. The car needs to have 200 horsepower; not the 140+ it has, and if it did, it would be as much fun to drive as a base Porsche Boxster, at a lot less money. Even with new Miatas, they are still under powered...or I think they are. These days, economy cars have over a 200 horsepower, so a sports car not being able to outrun a Toyota Corolla, Nissan Altima, or a V.W. Golf, or just about every other car in a straight line, is just ridiculous. Yeah, it handles better than all of those kinda cars, but it should since that is what you have to look forward to when you have a car as low as it is, and with such a short wheelbase. It's a great car, but with 60 more horsepower it would be impossible to catch on a curvy road, and if it had just 250 horsepower, it would be a world class sports car; then it would have Porsche performance, and unmatched Japanese reliability. Imagine Porsche performance, and not having to see a Porsche dealer for constant expensive maintenance/repairs, or doing anything but oil changes for 100,000 miles."

Best used car I ever bought

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Plenty of power, super fun to drive."

Cons: "hard to drive with coffee in the car."

"I bought this way below blue book, and love it. Perfect car for me. It was always kept in a garage so the paint ( original) is pristine and interior is also. I have all the extras except the rear spoiler and would not have wanted that anyway. This is a numbered car as only so many were made, and fewer were sold in the U.S. My number is in the first 1000. As far as performance, not one problem and rides much smoother than earlier models of Miatas'. I would recommend one to someone who is not shy of small cars. as this is a small car, with lots of leg room ( my 6'5'' son fits right in).Not so good if you are wider in the girth, harder to get in and out."

A joy to drive.

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Great fun to drive."

Cons: "Small"

"Miata is a great joy to drive. Excellent handling, Nardi Steering feels like part of your body. Have enjoyed owning this car but ready to part with it."

Clean, garage kept

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Manual top goes on and off in a snap"

Cons: "Uncomfortable for taller people."

"My son's car. He Decided to sell it. He cannot use it without a parking hassle (he lives in NYC)I've been storing it in my garage. I start it periodically and drive it locally just to make sure the battery won't go dead and too keep it currently driveable."

Love Sports cars, This is my 5th Miata

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable easy to maneuver."

Cons: "None...."

"Have owned my SE British Racing Green Miata for the past 13 yrs, no problems except a few mos ago, a hydraulic seal in the clutch went out. This Special Edition has all the bells and whistles, like chrome wheels, Bose sound system, wood trim and leather interior. Have gotten so many compliments, even being a 2001! My car and I have been aging gracefully! I really like the quality and looks of a Mazda!"

Fun, flirty and fast.

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Great vehocle for the price"

"Awesome vehicle for fun and relaxation. Hugs the curves of the road and has power that you would not believe. One of the best, relaible vehicles I have ever owned."

Sleek, Sporty, Dependable & a good looker

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "attractive car. fun to drive. powerful."

Cons: "Radio/cd player not all that. Sound is not good."

"This is my second miata. I miss my old 1994. It had good sound, leather seats and cruise control. My newer one 1999 has no cruise control. Seats are comforable. View is great while driving. I fit perfectly inside. It has a sleek design that gets the looks. Wheels could of been a better grade."

drives like a dream

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "great price fun to drive"

"it has 75000 miles recently replaced radiator ac battery and new tires a great car for the price."

Have driven this car very aggressively ...

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. Right tires and it sticks to road."

Cons: "None!"

"... for 11 yrs. and it has never let me down. Only repairs I have had to do were a new gas cap and O2 sensors. Had one experience at "Tail of the Dragon" with an off duty local cop who was behind me on a bike. He drove the 11 mile, 318 curves quite frequently. He was finally able to pass me about 1/2 way through. At the end, all he could say was "I didn't know Miatas could handle that well. If you could have gotten 5mph faster I would have gotten into my regular groove on the course." Fun fun fun car to drive. NOT just for chics."

i would buy it again

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

"Bought it with 63000 miles, has 101,000 Very fun car very reliable The only thing I would improve is the head lights which are rather dim a commom feature of the 99 to 2000. Parts are cheap for maintenance which are few. I have replaced radiator,water pump & timing belt plus usual maintenance items This car is very fun and easy to drive and park."

My Retirement Toy

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "FUN to drive, easy parking and just exhilarating"

Cons: "Getting in and out"

"Thisis my fourth Mazda but my first Miata and I love it. It's also my first convertible and the drop top is awesome. It's very easy to put back up. The handling is terrific -- parking is fantastic. You do feel almost every little bump in the road but, hey, it's a roadster! I've only had it for 3 months but would do it again in a heartbeat."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda Miata MX-5 near Honolulu. See local deals