2003 Mazda Miata MX-5

9.5

Based on 268 Ratings for the 1999 - 2005 models.

9.7/10

4 wheeled motorcycle

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Everything except the con."

Cons: "Needs a real overdrive gear - big issue for me."

About to run The 3 sisters, aka Twisted Sisters, just northwest of San Antonio, TX

"Within the context of what this car is - a true sports car - it's nearly perfect, especially for the price. My one issue with the car, and it's serious, is the lack of a real overdrive gear. Without that it's only good for the sporty & urban ninja stuff, but lousy as a long highway trip car, IMHO. With the 5-speed in my '99, 70 mph is just under 4000 rpm. Several hours of that is very wearing for the engine and occupants. I have 29,000+ miles on the odometer but probably more like 40,000 miles on the engine because of the 5th gear ratio. Otherwise, the car is a blast to drive just about anywhere, the curvier the better."

Thrill to drive, very well engineered

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "A thrill!"

Cons: "NONE AT ALL"

What a beautiful line.

"I absolutely love this car! If I could give more points, I would. With about 245,000 miles on it, it still performs extremely well. With 240,000 on it, I let a friend, who races dirt bikes, drive it. He drove it hard around sharp, steep curves. He couldn't believe how well it performed."

What a beautiful line.

A ton of fun - believe the hype!

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Zippy and light, wonderful handling, great HVAC"

Cons: "Loud and bumpy at times, Bose system is eh"

"Excellent car thus far, although I haven't had it long. For an old car it feels brand new and still looks stylish and sharp (although a bit... playful.) Driving dynamics feel wonderful and the interior is as comfortable as a little sports car could be. The suspension is tight and speedbumps feel devastating, and it's loud and revvy on the highway. The car is small and certainly not suitable for everyone, but if you can get one of these even as a weekend cruiser, you won't regret it. I've driven German luxury cars and have quite simply never had as much FUN as the Miata offers."

Worry-free ownership!

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

"I bought this car new and except for a headlamp recall and routine maintenance it has never been in the garage. Fun car to drive! Not much room but you have to realize that when purchasing. Highly recommend the Mazda Miata!"

Fun, reliable, classic roadster

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "a blast to drive, economical, styling"

Cons: "could use more torque, a bit cramped if over 6'3""

"If you love to drive, and have another car for practical purposes, the Mazda Miata is a modern affordable classic. The looks won't go out of style, neither will the fun you will have.I owned a MG's and a Triumph in the past. Both cars were great fun, but they consistantly left me stranded on the side of the road. The Miata has been flawless in the 35 thousand miles I've owned her."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda Miata MX-5 near Honolulu. See local deals