1994 Mazda Miata MX-5

9.3

Based on 170 Ratings for the 1990 - 1997 models.

9.7/10

Actually a 1991, "Penelope" is all GO!

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "mechanically sound, 2 new tires, am/fm/cd"

Cons: "cosmetic."

She's still a cutie!

"She's a great runner, the best car I've ever owned and absolutely hate to get rid of her. My other dear friend is Snapples the dachsund and she requires 2500. worth of medical attention. Penelope has 2 new rear tires (300.00) but needs some minor cosmetic work."

She's still a cutie!

PURE DRIVING JOY

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "very fun, very reliable, tiny size, driver focused"

Cons: "rough ride, wind noise, small size"

"My 1997 Miata is an M Edition that is all original except for a very well done aftermarket dual-din audio deck and I think speakers (I bought the car with it, and it sounds AMAZING). This car is a blast to drive with it's near perfect weight distribution, limited slip differential and lightweight body, it's very agile and nimble and tiny enough to dart in and out of traffic with the greatest of ease not to mention slide it into any parking space available (though it's size is also one of it's faults, more on that in a minute). It is very reliable and easy to work on except for the placement of the most commonly serviced part, the oil filter. There's tons of space for even the largest of gorilla hands. The simplicity of the Miata adds to its reliability, with just enough technology to be reliable and modern, but not so much things break just to cost you money. The 1.8L 4 cylinder engine is by no means a powerhouse, but with the car's light weight and the engine's eagerness to rev, it is quick enough enter the freeway without a fuss. Though it is not without it's faults; The Miata's size outside makes it hard for other drivers to see you sometimes, and it's size inside means my friends over 6 feet can't comfortably enjoy a day of top-down motoring with me. I've discovered the low body line means the airflow through the cabin with the top down is alot; this means ambient temps below 55*F are a no go for the top down since the Miata's heater is about as effective as an asthmatic blowing through a straw. The car's simplicity means the ride isn't the most modern either; I think my grandfather's 1957 Ranchero rode better than this. The NA chassis Miata is a blast to drive, and has enough power to bring a smile to even the most serious of car enthusiasts' faces; It still brings a smile to mine every time I drive it. But, after a while, I've come to realize that this is not an everyday car; It is best as weekend fun machine or nice top down night around town. It is not comfortable for even short roadtrips, even for my short 5'5" frame. It is loud, and you really feel the road, which can be good or bad, depending on the quality of the roads available for you drive on."

Love this car! Still turns heads. Reliable. 30mpg

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Pros-Everything else"

Cons: "Hard to get in and out of if you are big or feeble"

"Most important thing about this car: It is fun to drive!"

Leather interion has some old age cracking

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun & dependable car"

Cons: "sport car ride"

"This vehicle has been garaged all it like. 10 years ago we put a new Mazda roof; so the convertible has a glass window. 4 years ago we had a Mazda dealership in Ca. re-do the clear coat. 70,000 original miles. My wife has been the only owner. How she wants a car with automatic trans. and easier ride."

Still love it

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "good gas milage, FUN, zippy to drive, attractive"

Cons: "small battery, small trunk"

"I leased this car new back in 1994. Then I bought it. It's been amazing. Fun to drive, very few problems... once had to replace the radiator, and had to fix one of the windows, the battery was a problem until I installed a disconnect mechanism, but overall, it's still a joy to own and I'd buy the exact same car if I had the choice to do it over. I bought a new car in 2009, but I still enjoy driving my nearly 20-year old Miata more than any car I've ever driven. Love its power and how it really hugs the road. Getting older, so getting in and out of it isn't as comfortable as it was in my early 30s, but I still don't want to part with this car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda Miata MX-5 near Honolulu. See local deals