2015 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,966 - $21,459.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 07/28/2016

10/9.1

9.3

Based on 145 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

Love this car!

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

"I'm in my 40s and was looking for a 4-door sedan in the 'Accord' price range, but wanted a sporty looking car that was fun to drive..I did not want the boring looking Accord or Camry, already had an Altima, was not impressed with the Kia Optima and did not want the Sonata that I see everywhere, more than snowbirds in Florida during winter... So what was my choice? The 2014 Mazda6! It's definitely a car for someone who is not in their 20s anymore but still has the 'drive' to drive a sporty and cool looking car, while not giving up the convenience of 4 doors and roomy interior. What a car! Already got several kudos from by-passers, one of them being 'this is truly a home run'! And better yet, I have only seen one other 2014 Mazda6 on the streets...It's still unique and it's definitely fashionable. get yours now!"

Test drove everything. Drove this, bought it!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Handling, Interior, Exterior, Technology, Unique"

Cons: "First year so reliability is a mystery."

"I have three kids and we just bought a Honda Odyssey, which we absolutely love! The van purchase negated any reason I had left to keep my 15 MPG 2007 Jeep Cherokee any longer. Bye bye Jeep! I have spent the last 6 months trying to determine what sedan to purchase. I drove EVERYTHING, multiple times. The accord felt "soft". Especially the V6. It was hella fast but you could feel the weight tugging down on the front end. Plus, the suspension was way too soft to handle that much power. The sport option is nice but you cant get nav or satellite. After looking for a used Infiniti G37 or Acura I decided to get practical and thought I wanted a EXL Civic. I drove one, enjoyed it and it had that sporty handling that the accord lacked. However, it came with a 23k price tag! As I left the Honda dealer, dissapointed, I spotted a brand new Mazda 6 at the neighboring dealer! This article came to mind and I decided to test drive the Touring model that had a touch screen, leatherette, and bluetooth. The price was the same as the Civic EXL. You just dont get real leather and sunroof. Anyway, driving this car completely made up my mind. I knew, without a doubt, that this was going to be my car. Out of curiosity, I wanted to sit in a GT to play with the nav and Bose system. The Bose system is superb and the real leather felt more upscale. I love the all black interior and the smaller nav screen. The inside is very simple compared to the competitions "spaceship" looking dashboards. Its like a combination between a Nissan and a BMW inside. So I opted for a Silver GT with all black interior. I even got the Mazda Adaptive Cruise Control that is very impressive. The dealer was selling this car for 29,000! For under 30k, I got exactly what I wanted and much more! To get the equivalent tech I would've had to get the 34k Honda Accord Touring with that heavy V6. Sure it wouldve been nice to be able to floor a v6 every once in a while but this Mazda is plenty quick and I do more steering than drag racing anyway. For me, you cant beat this car at this price. It handles like a TSX and looks like a Maserati. Visually, a very clean silver Mazda 6 with blacked out windows is absolutely stunning."

Very impressed!

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage, handling, comfort, options, price"

Cons: "Fuel door under dash, window controls unlit"

"I now have 2K on my 2014 liquid silver M6. I have owned two previous M6,s a 2006 and a 2007 Speed 6. I paid 27K for the I-Touring package and felt that it was the best bang for the buck for me. The car handles great and rides very smooth handling bumps in the road rather smoothly along with aggressive cornering. I average 28.1 gallons per mile on 87,89,and 93 combined HWY and City, and tried them all to see if it increased the mileage at all and it did not. The acceleration of the 2.5 liter is adequate and I feel comfortable pulling out in traffic and passing. At the dealer I drove the 2013 C5 with the 2.0 and it was a dog on the road with terrible pickup to compare. As far as features the safety blind spot warning feature and the back up camera are great. They both alert you audibly and visibly when a moving vehicle is near you. I like the seats they are comfortable for a 6'2" guy with back issues with plenty of leg room and a telescoping steering wheel. Bose 11 speaker rocks with navigation and blue tooth for the phone no issues there either. My only gripes so far are rather minor that at night you cannot see the window controls because only the driver window control lights up. The gas cap release handle is hidden under the dash and the driver seat is two adjustable I-Touring only. Upgrade to the Grand Touring and you get 3 way adjusting seat sunroof and a few other technical features for about 4K more, but everything is subject to negotiation of course. My dealership would only go 1K below sticker so be patient and find a dealer that will work with you. Overall I am very happy with the car plenty of room huge trunk space great styling my kids love it and are comfortable in the back. Definitely worth taking a look at and test driving. Good Luck! Oh yea and the seat does go up and down so I can see out the windows just fine."

Zoom Zoom car

By on Saturday, December 12, 2015

Pros: "fun and safe to drive, design, value"

Cons: "Wind noise, seat comfort, mid console design"

"I drive a 2014 Mazda 6 everyday averaging about 100 miles combined city/hwy and I average about 33 miles per gallon, running at 65-75 mph on Fwy roads. I noticed if I drive 55-60 mph on fwy (cruise control on), my gas mileage comes to 36-37 miles per gallon...not a good idea if there is too much traffic and everyone is rushing. I drove this car summer of 2014 from Houston to VA to NY to Quebec, Canada then Montreal then Niagara Falls, then Memphis TN and back to Houston TX for a total of 4200 miles round trip. Not a hiccup. If I need to pass a car, I floor it and tachometer kicks in to 6000 rpm and has enough power to do its job. The feel on the steering wheel is very sporty and secured. There is wind noise alright and the seat may become uncomfortable over long distance driving, but the acceleration, braking and "feeling safe driving at high speeds" compensates for everything. Mazda can improve the puny coin holder and arm rest console design. Made in Japan, sleek, sporty design, 19" alloy wheels, backup camera, blind spot monitoring plus "real transmission" makes this Mazda 6 a no brainer Vis-a-vis other cars like Camry and Accord ( which I have driven as well.)"

Beautifully designed sedan!!!

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Looks!"

Cons: "GT model a bit pricey."

"Wow, where do I start...this car is awesome! If you want to be noticed without the high priced Audi, BMW or Mercedes, this car is it. Haven't found a negative yet about this car. Mazda has done a marvelous job to be in competition with Accord or Camry. I love the sporty look of the new 6, the design, interior, feel and fuel efficiency is by far the best in its class. I highly recommend this car if you are in search for a new sedan that is sporty and one that stands out. Sorry, Accord or Camry...MAZDA 6 has got you beat."