2015 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,966 - $21,459.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 07/28/2016

10/9.1

9.3

Based on 145 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

Wow!

By on Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pros: "Superb handling, design, fit and finish, seats."

Cons: "Radio is average."

"I have the manual. It is FUN to spin around in. Great chassis, balance, transmission, build quality, seats ...and svelte enough to really get noticed. Gas mileage is 5 mpg better than my manual 2010 Accord coupe and the ride/ handling are much more refined. It drives better than the 2005 TSX I had and way less $. This car is unbelievable from a value perspective...and has razor sharp styling. The interior is simple (a good thing) and elegant, but could use a little better sound system. I look forward to my 17 mile city commute each day!"

Great Car with a few minor flaws

By on Sunday, September 27, 2015

Pros: "Value, Gas Mileage, Interior, build quality,"

Cons: "Voice recognition, armrest location, WS glare"

"This is my third Mazda 6. I owned a 2003 and 2004 prior (both awesome cars that went 200K miles each) and then went to a BMW 7 series and now back to the 6. I have the 2016 GT model. This car has unbelievable features for the price point (e.g. LED adaptive headlights, smart city braking, blind spot monitoring, etc). IMO it is the one of most beautiful cars on the road. The new interior is classy and equals those in Audi, BMW or Mercedes. The overall build quality is flawless. The car has an excellent balance of ride and handling. The fuel economy is awesome - I am at 37.8 mpg avg - tracked on Fuelly. And finally, the features and quality in the Mazda 6 GT are not available on any other car priced under $50K. The few flaws are: 1) Power - its ok for a 4 cylinder and great for the gas mileage it gets, however the car feels like it needs more power to go along with its handling prowess) 2) The new entertainment system and monitor screen is very good; however the voice recognition system is useless. 3) The steeply raked windshield picks up significant glare from the dash in bright sunlight 4) The new console is very stylish and beautiful; however the armrest is too far back and the storage capacity is small. Overall this car is hard to beat and I am being very critical comparing this car against the BMW/Audi brands. With these flaws corrected, the Mazda 6 would equal or better the BMW 3/4 series and Audi A4."

Fun to drive, quiet 4 cylinder engine, great MPG

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "great mileage, very fun to drive, striking looks"

Cons: "small screen in infotainment center"

"This car is great fun to drive (like most Mazdas), has a surprisingly quiet 4 cylinder engine, is comfortable (although I haven't taken any long trips in it yet), and gets really great gas mileage, which is one of main reasons I bought it. I am getting 35.0 MPG in mixed driving, which I think is about the best you can do for a non-hybrid or non-electric mid size sedan. Plus, I think it's a very good looking car, esp, in the red. And you don't see all that many on the road like Accords and Camrys. Only negative is small screen in infotainment center. Overall a wonderful car, and I am very picky about the cars I buy."

Great look and drive, poor infotainment

By on Monday, August 4, 2014

Pros: "Design, great price, great drive"

Cons: "Infotainment, infotainment, infotainment"

"I just bought the Mazda 6 iSport Automatic yesterday, so I'm obviously only going off of one day of driving, but within this one day, I think I have a fairly good handle on the things I love and don't love about this car. First of all, I love the way this car looks and drives. Gorgeous vehicle. I traded in my 2012 Camry because, honestly, I didn't love the way it looked. It drove well, and was/is a reliable vehicle that gave me no problems, but it was not the most visually appealing car. I'm 23-years-old and wanted a car that looked sexy, and the Mazda 6 delivered on that. The all-black interior feels extremely luxurious. The interior is especially great for people with dogs as it hides stains/paw prints really well. The shape of the car is beautiful-- nice and sporty. The car also drives SO well. I would say in terms of drivability, the Mazda 6 comes out on top. My Camry drove great and smooth, but the Mazda 6 is no comparison. It's speedy, handles turns well, and overall is just a better drive. With that said, my biggest gripe with the Mazda 6 is the infotainment system. TERRIBLE. Literally, the worst thing I have ever used. And before purchasing the vehicle I assumed it was so slow because I was going through the initial set up-- NOPE. It's slow ALL THE TIME. The bluetooth system takes roughly 30 seconds to a minute to begin playing my music (it literally took milliseconds in the Camry). The USB/iPod port-- Good luck. You'll probably get to your destination before it finishes "reading iPod". I have roughly 3500 songs on my iPhone and it takes ~5 minutes EVERY TIME I TURN ON THE CAR to play my music. Again, this took milliseconds in the Camry. Literally the moment I attached my iPod in my Camry, my music was ready to play. So naturally, transitioning to this ridiculous excuse for an infotainment system was quite shocking. In addition to that, the infotainment system is so slow responding. If you press a button, the action happens roughly 2-3 seconds after you pressed the button. Want to skip a song? Hit skip... wait 2 seconds... song skips. It's incredibly irritating. With a car that is SO perfect in every other conceivable way, this subpar infotainment system is such a disappointment. While I still love the car and give it a 9/10... Mazda really needs to release an update that gets this system to the level of other vehicles. There are a ton of great features, but if it's too slow and takes too long, what's the point?"

An exceptional sedan

By on Saturday, May 30, 2015

Pros: "An exceptional sedan with class and character."

Cons: "Bose Centerpoint system not best in class."

Living in Arizona, white was the obvious choice!

"Having owned my 6 for over 9 months and 10K+ miles, I haven't a single bad thing to say about it. It's a stunningly beautiful vehicle with CHARACTER. How many mid-size sedans can say that? The 3rd-gen car is a massive improvement over the previous generation. The engine is definitely no slouch in the power department, but won't win many drag races. Still, what the car can do in the handling department quickly makes up for any power deficiency. What Mazda has achieved with its SkyActiv system is nothing short of an amazing technical achievement - a car that has a 13:1 compression ratio that is happy on regular gas. Mazda had to build a winner if it wanted to survive and they have certainly done it, across their model line. For the price the interior has quality materials and there is thoughtful design and amenities. The Bose Centerpoint sound system is above average, but not exceptional like the rest of the vehicle. The nav system is a bit on the small side but that was addressed in the 2016 model. Still I've never had any issues with it. It works well for my purposes indeed. The ride is stiffer than others but that is exactly what I wanted. Some road noise on rough roads, but I don't mind that either. I wanted a driver-oriented family sedan and this is the best in class, bar none. Mileage has been great in mixed driving ~ around 34 mpg. If Mazda continues to build vehicles like these, I will remain a loyal customer. Don't overlook the 6 by going directly to Honda and Toyota. Give the 6 a look and you're sure to love it just as much as I did."

Living in Arizona, white was the obvious choice!