2015 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,689 - $21,320.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 08/25/2016

10/9.1

9.3

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

Not recommended if you're tall

By on Friday, June 24, 2016

Pros: "extremely attractive design, great mpg, huge trunk"

Cons: "NOT comfortable, huge blind spots"

"I commute everyday from IL to IN averaging 120 to 150 miles per day. I bought this car because it had great reviews and I have to admit, I chose it mostly based on looks. However, after not even 3 months of driving it, I decided to give it to my wife and get her 06 Altima instead. I'm 6'1", 210 lbs (not fat) and this car killed my back and especially my shoulders. There is nowhere to rest your elbows while holding the wheel except for the elbow rest in the middle. This might not be a problem if you're just zooming around the city but on commutes longer than 100 miles, this is literally painful. One of the reasons for this is the lack of adjustment for the steering wheel. It only extends towards the driver 2 or 3 inches, so for a tall person like myself who has to push the seat all the way back, that means that my arms are almost fully extended when driving. Next, the "bucket" seats. They look sleek and cool. And that's it! I don't know why all the car manufacturers jumped on board this "all-cars-must-be-sporty" bandwagon and started making "sporty" seats but most of them are plain uncomfortable and hard to get out of. And this is not only my opinion. After driving it for more than a year, my wife agrees with me and she's half my size. However, the most important (and dangerous) aspect of this vehicle is the blind spot. Basically everything from the B pillar to the rear of the car is one huge blind spot. The rear windshield is situated very high and it's very narrow. I developed the habit of taking a quick peek to my left when changing lanes but this precaution is almost impossible to perform in this car because the width and placement of the middle pillar is atrocious. If you are set on buying this car, I highly recommend you get the model with the "blind spot sensor" in the mirror!! Lastly, the lack of pockets in doors. I use my car for both work (99% of my time is spent in the field), family and school (evening college). I am by no means a messy or disorganized person but I was becoming one when using the Mazda 6. Except for the glove compartment and elbow rest console (which is really small) there is no other storage. The only thing that fits in the pockets of the doors is something that's the size of a bottle of water. It is indeed a very good looking car and i can see why it's so highly rated but if I were to do it all over again I would buy something else."

Did so much research and found the best car for $

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Price, MPG, quiet, comfortable, Bose, features"

Cons: "Navigation is a bit annoying to use"

"I test drove so many cars, about 15+ They ranged from Honda civics to top of the line Audi's. I spent countless hours online researching vehicles and I finally found the gem known as the Mazda 6. In previous years I wouldn't ever consider buying a Mazda but they have redesigned their vehicles and they have improved massively. I purchased the 2014 Mazda 6 i Touring with the technology package. This includes smart brake city, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic monitoring, 11 speaker Bose system, mazda's smart key, rain sensing wipers and so much more. This was basically a fully loaded model and the price was unbeatable. The inside is absolutely beautiful and easily comparable to a Mercedes or BMW. There are very high quality materials inside and everything is beautifully put together. The Bose sound system sounds amazing as it should. The engine is plenty adequate and the car is very quiet on the road. That is one thing many people have brought up is the wind noise issue. I drove the car back from a dealership 300 miles away from my home and was going 80-85 mph most of the way and while the wind noise was present, it was nowhere near unbearable or significant or even annoying. Putting the radio on even at a low volume made the noise completely disappear. Gas mileage is incredible, I went 300 miles and only used a bit more than quarter of a tank. Overall I would highly recommend this car, before going to Toyota, Ford, Nissan or Chevy, try Mazda first then compare the rest and you'll see that there is no comparison, the Mazda is much better."

For the money in its class, simply unbeatable

By on Monday, August 17, 2015

Pros: "Great fuel economy, nice price, excellent dynamics"

Cons: "Check for blind-spot concerns"

"I now have just over 50,000 miles on this car, having owned it for about 18 months. Yes, you read that right on the mileage. It has gone through one set of tires in that time. Driving dynamics are excellent; this is a car you can do 12 hour road trips in without feeling like you got hit by a bus halfway there -- and I have made many of them. My average fuel economy since new is right near 35mpg -- no, that's not an error either. It runs on regular, so no pricey premium fuel is required. For a gas-powered vehicle of this size to get into the mid-to-upper 30s on AVERAGE fuel consumption is simply outstanding; I've tracked every tank since it was new. I've had zero maintenance issues with the car; it has required only routine oil and filter changes, plus a new set of tires. Incidentally, consider the BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S (if you want/need all season tires) when the time comes; they are a big upgrade from the Yokohama Adavan A83s that come from the factory and are reasonably priced. I bought the sport specifically to get the manual gearbox and "non-fancy" radio, since I intended to (and did) immediately replace it with an aftermarket unit. Note that the 2016s lose this capability, since they have gone to an integrated unit rather than an easily-replaced 2-DIN size. That, and the loss of the manual handbrake, are two reasons I prefer the '15 to the '16. I drove pretty-much everything in this class with an under $50,000 MSRP before buying the "6", and in my view it's a superior car to those costing twice as much -- if the driving experience is a major part of your requirement set. That it also obtains class-leading fuel economy is a large bonus and one that materially lowers the cost of ownership (if you put on a lot of miles.) There are compromises at this price-point, of course. The 2.5L I4 engine is plenty 95% of the time, but in the mountains the lack of forced induction means it does suffer somewhat. The MT benefits from a heavier and shorter shift knob than stock (which I changed), and I'd like it if the accelerator and brake were a bit closer together, as heel/toe downshifting is a challenge at best. I suspect you can thank the lawsuit lobby for that, unfortunately. Nonetheless if you're looking for something in the mid-sized class that can handle 4 adults without turning the rear passengers into sardines, has excellent fuel economy with outstanding driving dynamics (Mazda actually managed to fashion electric-assist steering that doesn't feel like a rubber band, for example) while at the same time returning astounding real-world fuel economy, you'll find that combination in this vehicle -- and nowhere else at anything approaching the asking price. One downside to mention -- visibility is a bit of an issue forward due to the slope of the hood, so you do have to pay attention when pulling in to parking spaces, and as with most modern sedans the B and C pillars produce a bit of a blind spot, especially if you're coming from a wagon or small SUV. The good side is that unlike many modern cars ground clearance is quite-generous so you won't rip the forward skirt off the car with normal-sized curb stops -- a very good thing that many modern vehicles get wrong."

Great vehicle and the safety was proven.

By on Monday, September 9, 2013

"Was very impressed with this vehicle when I first looked at it. I own an Audi A6 and was purchasing this for my daughter. She drove other vehicles but once she drove the Mazda 6 she was done looking and I was glad. Very nice vehicle for the money and more importantly to me I liked the upgraded safety on the 2014 model. That got tested today as evidenced by the photo. Three teenage girls walked away with minor scratches after getting T-boned by a large 4X4 truck. Her replacement will be another Mazda 6."

LUXURY FEATURES ...... NON LUXURY EMBLEM

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "(Awesome value, head turner)"

Cons: "(Not enough head room in rear)"

"My wife & I have driven German luxury imports for the last 12 years. Recently, my wife changed a job where she has to drive 80 miles everyday back and forth. We were in the market looking for a commute car and looked at traditional competitors in this segment. They seem boring and made you look 10 years older than your age. We narrowed it down to Mazda6 and Sonata and decided to go with Mazda6. Its a great car for the value. You will easily pay $15000 more for the similar features with the luxury emblem. However, 38 miles to a gallon is not realistic and the interior console could have been built better. It is still a great car and I would certainly recommend it to anyone in the market looking for midsize sedan."

Love, Love, Love, This Car!!!!

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "Hugs the curb & lots of car for your $$$"

Cons: "Sliding arm rest!!!"

Had 4 good months!!!

"After owning a 2008 CX-7 and a 2011 CX-7 I decided I wanted something with better gas milage so I went into the dealer expecting to leave with a CX-5. I test drove the CX-5 and when I was walking around I saw the back of the Mazda6 and I asked the salesman, what car is this? He explained to me that this was the new 2014 model, I said I want to test drive this too. After driving both I decided on the Mazda6 and I haven't regretted my decision. I got the touring model and my mom went a day after me and bought the isport model since she liked mine so much. 2 days ago my husband was t-boned when someone ran a red light, my Mazda6 is now totaled! Thankfully he was driving my car because the side airbags saved his life. I now get to go and get another car and you can be sure I'm going to get another Mazda6."

Had 4 good months!!!

Winner in class hands down

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, gas mileage, Rear traffic sensor"

Cons: "Clock position"

"I have now had my Red Mazda 6 Touring w/o tech for a week now and 350 miles. Awesome, best in this class and I definitely made the right decision. After over 3 months of looking and multiple test drives on most of the models I'm glad I waited for the 2014 to come out. None of the others in the class made me feel like "this was the car", I felt like I was going to have to settle. I even tried the Audi, Acura and BMW. The 6 was very close to them for a lot less money. The only one close was the Accord Sport, nothing else compared after I drove the Mazda. I wanted something that not everyone else had (Accord, Camry). The Altima was in the mix, but I could not get over the velour on the arm rest. If your looking for a car in this class you HAVE to drive the Mazda!! As my wife said if you want to feel old drive the Camry. I absolutely love this car, gas mileage was the best, it has ZOOM ZOOM, Pandora is great, blind spot monitor, rear camera plus the added motion detector when backing up (already saved me once), blue tooth works great, the red color (lots of compliment) is awesome ( silver was also sharpe), front seat is comfortable as is the leatherette (I'm 6'3" and fit great wife is 5'4" and also fits great). Have a average of 27mpg so far. The only con so far is the clock is down low and not by the dash. Do not let the dealer try to make you pay sticker price, if your willing to drive you can find a dealer under sticker."

It Just Feels Better

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Best overall driving experience in midsize market."

Cons: "?"

"I just can't find a bad thing to this car. Shortly after I purchased it, I took a 2500 mile road trip to Florida. I never got tired of driving it, and felt refreshed even after driving it 1000 miles straight. And in that 1000 miles, only stopped for gas once, and not because I needed it, but because my passengers needed the pitstop. So far I am averaging 34mpg (tracked on Fuelly) with most of my driving being a 23 mile round trip to work daily in small city traffic. I test drove all the competition before purchasing this vehicle, as this is the most I have ever decided to spend on a car. And for me, the Mazda 6 was the only choice. If you want to get from PointA to PointB, buy one of the other guys. But if you want pure driving pleasure everytime from PointA to B, then look no further than the Mazda6."

The Best Mazda Sedan Ever!

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "I have middle trim, leather seats but no heaters.."

"I'll start with this.. CVT transmissions are garbage.. it feels like driving a bus, so I was never attracted to low and even high end cars with those. I was looking for a sedan that had the looks and interior but, most importantly the car that would drive like a sports car, to match the looks with performance. I did lot of research before buying this car, looked at VW's, Honda, Toyota, and Ford.. Final decision was easy to make. I saw it at the dealer, test drove it and bought it with absolutely no regrets. Reason why I mentioned CVT's was because Mazda uses conventional 6 speed transmission and it is one of the BEST automatics I have ever driven. I had 15 cars before this one so I can judge based on my other experiences. I wish they had a Manual at the dealer when I bought mine, I was the first one in Maryland & DC to buy this car and only now I started seeing them on the road, it's almost June! Lots and lots of complements from other drivers. I do wish they had V6! I wish this had more horses but for what it is 2.5 4 cylinder engine, it's a fantastic car to drive. Love everything about it. Now, this is no BMW 3 series, but honestly there is no competition in its segment for cars under 30K. Don't buy anything else unless you test drive this! Thanks"

FunTastic!

By on Friday, May 3, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, economical, beautiful, good value"

Cons: "some road noise, base radio not great"

"Got my Soul Red Mazda 6 sport with automatic. This car feels like it should cost a lot more. Handling and chassis precision is sublime. Extremely comfortable seats (I got the cloth, not a big fan of leather and with 3 kids and a dog...) Driving position is great. I love the steering wheel and the way it steers. Averaging 28 mpg. Good power, smooth transmission, once of the best I've ever driven. Handles better than my 2005 BMW 530i. Yes you read that right. Base radio isn't great but sounds better through Pandora or itunes. All in all a fabulous car and great value. You have to test drive it. And it really is a beautiful car, no comparison in this class. Destined to be a classic. Don't let the smallish HP numbers fool you, the car has plenty of pep and never feels like its working hard. Really fun to drive. Could use a little more sound insulation; my only complaint, but its definitely not a deal killer."