2015 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,659 - $21,304.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/01/2016

10/9.1

9.3

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2014 - 2017 models.

Fun to drive, quiet 4 cylinder engine, great MPG

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "great mileage, very fun to drive, striking looks"

Cons: "small screen in infotainment center"

"This car is great fun to drive (like most Mazdas), has a surprisingly quiet 4 cylinder engine, is comfortable (although I haven't taken any long trips in it yet), and gets really great gas mileage, which is one of main reasons I bought it. I am getting 35.0 MPG in mixed driving, which I think is about the best you can do for a non-hybrid or non-electric mid size sedan. Plus, I think it's a very good looking car, esp, in the red. And you don't see all that many on the road like Accords and Camrys. Only negative is small screen in infotainment center. Overall a wonderful car, and I am very picky about the cars I buy."

Great look and drive, poor infotainment

By on Monday, August 4, 2014

Pros: "Design, great price, great drive"

Cons: "Infotainment, infotainment, infotainment"

"I just bought the Mazda 6 iSport Automatic yesterday, so I'm obviously only going off of one day of driving, but within this one day, I think I have a fairly good handle on the things I love and don't love about this car. First of all, I love the way this car looks and drives. Gorgeous vehicle. I traded in my 2012 Camry because, honestly, I didn't love the way it looked. It drove well, and was/is a reliable vehicle that gave me no problems, but it was not the most visually appealing car. I'm 23-years-old and wanted a car that looked sexy, and the Mazda 6 delivered on that. The all-black interior feels extremely luxurious. The interior is especially great for people with dogs as it hides stains/paw prints really well. The shape of the car is beautiful-- nice and sporty. The car also drives SO well. I would say in terms of drivability, the Mazda 6 comes out on top. My Camry drove great and smooth, but the Mazda 6 is no comparison. It's speedy, handles turns well, and overall is just a better drive. With that said, my biggest gripe with the Mazda 6 is the infotainment system. TERRIBLE. Literally, the worst thing I have ever used. And before purchasing the vehicle I assumed it was so slow because I was going through the initial set up-- NOPE. It's slow ALL THE TIME. The bluetooth system takes roughly 30 seconds to a minute to begin playing my music (it literally took milliseconds in the Camry). The USB/iPod port-- Good luck. You'll probably get to your destination before it finishes "reading iPod". I have roughly 3500 songs on my iPhone and it takes ~5 minutes EVERY TIME I TURN ON THE CAR to play my music. Again, this took milliseconds in the Camry. Literally the moment I attached my iPod in my Camry, my music was ready to play. So naturally, transitioning to this ridiculous excuse for an infotainment system was quite shocking. In addition to that, the infotainment system is so slow responding. If you press a button, the action happens roughly 2-3 seconds after you pressed the button. Want to skip a song? Hit skip... wait 2 seconds... song skips. It's incredibly irritating. With a car that is SO perfect in every other conceivable way, this subpar infotainment system is such a disappointment. While I still love the car and give it a 9/10... Mazda really needs to release an update that gets this system to the level of other vehicles. There are a ton of great features, but if it's too slow and takes too long, what's the point?"

An exceptional sedan

By on Saturday, May 30, 2015

Pros: "An exceptional sedan with class and character."

Cons: "Bose Centerpoint system not best in class."

Living in Arizona, white was the obvious choice!

"Having owned my 6 for over 9 months and 10K+ miles, I haven't a single bad thing to say about it. It's a stunningly beautiful vehicle with CHARACTER. How many mid-size sedans can say that? The 3rd-gen car is a massive improvement over the previous generation. The engine is definitely no slouch in the power department, but won't win many drag races. Still, what the car can do in the handling department quickly makes up for any power deficiency. What Mazda has achieved with its SkyActiv system is nothing short of an amazing technical achievement - a car that has a 13:1 compression ratio that is happy on regular gas. Mazda had to build a winner if it wanted to survive and they have certainly done it, across their model line. For the price the interior has quality materials and there is thoughtful design and amenities. The Bose Centerpoint sound system is above average, but not exceptional like the rest of the vehicle. The nav system is a bit on the small side but that was addressed in the 2016 model. Still I've never had any issues with it. It works well for my purposes indeed. The ride is stiffer than others but that is exactly what I wanted. Some road noise on rough roads, but I don't mind that either. I wanted a driver-oriented family sedan and this is the best in class, bar none. Mileage has been great in mixed driving ~ around 34 mpg. If Mazda continues to build vehicles like these, I will remain a loyal customer. Don't overlook the 6 by going directly to Honda and Toyota. Give the 6 a look and you're sure to love it just as much as I did."

Living in Arizona, white was the obvious choice!

Best Family/Sport Sedan on the Market

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Looks, Impressive Interior, Price"

Cons: "USB & Ipod take forever to load"

"I have the 2015 Mazda6 Touring with the Bose/Moonroof Pkg in liquid silver. Have only had the car for a few months, but I'm very impressed so far! I averaged 39mpg on 2 of my most recent trips with the cruise set at 75. I thought it may be a tad underpowered initially (my other car is an Infiniti G37xS coupe), but it's surprisingly quick around town and has good passing power on the highways. Interior fit and finish is nicer than most cars $10-15k more! I also considered the Honda Accord Sport, but found the Mazda6 to be the better buy with loads more standard features and sharper looks! I highly recommend this car to anyone shopping for a $25-30k car!"

Best car I've ever had - attracts lots of complime

By on Thursday, April 2, 2015

Pros: "Good value for money, nice driver's car"

Reflex Blue Color with Tinted Windows

"I've had my M6 for about 3 weeks now. It's Touring with automatic transmission and Bose/Moonroof package. I hadn't considered a Mazda before, but now I'm certain I got great value for money and a car that is fun to drive, comfortable, classy, stylish, and practical. I won't gush about the things I like, instead I'll address the things I see others writing negatively about. Some professional reviewers have been very critical of Mazda's navigation systems. I didn't get navigation, knowing it wasn't a great system and that I could easily have one installed later once the technology improves. Instead I have the excellent navigation on my smartphone (which is always hooked up via bluetooth the sound system anyway) direct me when needed. This is an audio and not visual solution, but it's perfectly fine for me. Otherwise the rest of the audio/screen system is great. It even displays your text messages on the dashboard screen or reads them out loud to you. I get more compliments on the interior than anything. A couple people have said it looks and feels like a Mercedes, meaning I guess it's roomy, it's comprised of high-quality materials, and it has lots of straight lines. If you like all the bubbly, curvy, 'space-pod'-looking dashboards that many car companies are relying on to make their vehicles look 'modern' or updated, then this is not the car for you. As for noise, I admit it can seem a little loud. But when did we decide that drivers weren't supposed to hear the engines they're using? I like hearing it rev, and it sounds great when you first start the car. I think Mazda let their enthusiastic drivers keep the engine noise on purpose (besides if you have the Bose sound system on or the sunroof open you won't hear the engine anyway). It's the first Mazda in my family and the only one parked on my block right now, but judging by the many looks and questions I get about it I'm sure there will be more to come."

Reflex Blue Color with Tinted Windows