2015 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,955 - $21,452.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 06/02/2016

10/9.1

9.3

Based on 143 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

Great Drive, Easy on Gas

By on Friday, February 12, 2016

Pros: "Comfy, Looks, Sporty, Interior, Loves corners."

Cons: "Not for Drag Racing, Engine warmup light"

"I shopped for years for a replacement for my daily driver and found everything I needed in the Mazda6. It's roomy, but drives like a smaller car. It's not a musclecar, but it zooms. It loves to be thrown into a corner, and powered out. Sport mode is nice an revy. Gas mileage is above 30 and can reach 37mpg on flat highways. Trunk is huge, Seats are comfy and adjustable. Bose stereo better when you crank it up. Bluetooth works great. Let it warm up in the winter time to get the best mileage. I'd recommend it to everyone, and usually let co-workers drive mine to show them. It has done surprisingly well in ice/snowy conditions with stock tires."

Did so much research and found the best car for $

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Price, MPG, quiet, comfortable, Bose, features"

Cons: "Navigation is a bit annoying to use"

"I test drove so many cars, about 15+ They ranged from Honda civics to top of the line Audi's. I spent countless hours online researching vehicles and I finally found the gem known as the Mazda 6. In previous years I wouldn't ever consider buying a Mazda but they have redesigned their vehicles and they have improved massively. I purchased the 2014 Mazda 6 i Touring with the technology package. This includes smart brake city, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic monitoring, 11 speaker Bose system, mazda's smart key, rain sensing wipers and so much more. This was basically a fully loaded model and the price was unbeatable. The inside is absolutely beautiful and easily comparable to a Mercedes or BMW. There are very high quality materials inside and everything is beautifully put together. The Bose sound system sounds amazing as it should. The engine is plenty adequate and the car is very quiet on the road. That is one thing many people have brought up is the wind noise issue. I drove the car back from a dealership 300 miles away from my home and was going 80-85 mph most of the way and while the wind noise was present, it was nowhere near unbearable or significant or even annoying. Putting the radio on even at a low volume made the noise completely disappear. Gas mileage is incredible, I went 300 miles and only used a bit more than quarter of a tank. Overall I would highly recommend this car, before going to Toyota, Ford, Nissan or Chevy, try Mazda first then compare the rest and you'll see that there is no comparison, the Mazda is much better."

For the money in its class, simply unbeatable

By on Monday, August 17, 2015

Pros: "Great fuel economy, nice price, excellent dynamics"

Cons: "Check for blind-spot concerns"

"I now have just over 50,000 miles on this car, having owned it for about 18 months. Yes, you read that right on the mileage. It has gone through one set of tires in that time. Driving dynamics are excellent; this is a car you can do 12 hour road trips in without feeling like you got hit by a bus halfway there -- and I have made many of them. My average fuel economy since new is right near 35mpg -- no, that's not an error either. It runs on regular, so no pricey premium fuel is required. For a gas-powered vehicle of this size to get into the mid-to-upper 30s on AVERAGE fuel consumption is simply outstanding; I've tracked every tank since it was new. I've had zero maintenance issues with the car; it has required only routine oil and filter changes, plus a new set of tires. Incidentally, consider the BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S (if you want/need all season tires) when the time comes; they are a big upgrade from the Yokohama Adavan A83s that come from the factory and are reasonably priced. I bought the sport specifically to get the manual gearbox and "non-fancy" radio, since I intended to (and did) immediately replace it with an aftermarket unit. Note that the 2016s lose this capability, since they have gone to an integrated unit rather than an easily-replaced 2-DIN size. That, and the loss of the manual handbrake, are two reasons I prefer the '15 to the '16. I drove pretty-much everything in this class with an under $50,000 MSRP before buying the "6", and in my view it's a superior car to those costing twice as much -- if the driving experience is a major part of your requirement set. That it also obtains class-leading fuel economy is a large bonus and one that materially lowers the cost of ownership (if you put on a lot of miles.) There are compromises at this price-point, of course. The 2.5L I4 engine is plenty 95% of the time, but in the mountains the lack of forced induction means it does suffer somewhat. The MT benefits from a heavier and shorter shift knob than stock (which I changed), and I'd like it if the accelerator and brake were a bit closer together, as heel/toe downshifting is a challenge at best. I suspect you can thank the lawsuit lobby for that, unfortunately. Nonetheless if you're looking for something in the mid-sized class that can handle 4 adults without turning the rear passengers into sardines, has excellent fuel economy with outstanding driving dynamics (Mazda actually managed to fashion electric-assist steering that doesn't feel like a rubber band, for example) while at the same time returning astounding real-world fuel economy, you'll find that combination in this vehicle -- and nowhere else at anything approaching the asking price. One downside to mention -- visibility is a bit of an issue forward due to the slope of the hood, so you do have to pay attention when pulling in to parking spaces, and as with most modern sedans the B and C pillars produce a bit of a blind spot, especially if you're coming from a wagon or small SUV. The good side is that unlike many modern cars ground clearance is quite-generous so you won't rip the forward skirt off the car with normal-sized curb stops -- a very good thing that many modern vehicles get wrong."

Great vehicle and the safety was proven.

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

"Was very impressed with this vehicle when I first looked at it. I own an Audi A6 and was purchasing this for my daughter. She drove other vehicles but once she drove the Mazda 6 she was done looking and I was glad. Very nice vehicle for the money and more importantly to me I liked the upgraded safety on the 2014 model. That got tested today as evidenced by the photo. Three teenage girls walked away with minor scratches after getting T-boned by a large 4X4 truck. Her replacement will be another Mazda 6."

Best Japanese-made "German" mid-size car out there

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, price, reliability, fuel thrifty,ftd"

Cons: "None I can think of, really."

"I own a rare, hard to find 2014 Mazda 6 Touring 6Sp Manual (Yes, it does exist. Contrary to the "Build Your Own" at the Mazda USA website). The short throw shifter (I had a Honda manual before..they can't even touch this), mimics a Miata. It is a total BLAST to drive. It handles like no other Japanese car (in it's mid-size league), but near German in feel (prior ride was a Passat). It is a very fun-to-drive car. On my first fuel fill, I computed 38.8mpg 65/35 fwy/city. This car was the one of the 3 finalists of the World Car Design of 2013, the peers were the Aston Martin Vanquish and the Jaguar F-Type..this car in looks is in GREAT COMPANY!!!"

Best thing since the RX7

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "handling, comfort, looks"

Cons: "no lock on the glovebox"

"The last Mazda I owned was an RX7, which was really fun until ice hit the road. Well, the Mazda 6 is nearly as much fun, and handles ice a lot better. Although it doesn't like quick handling as much as the RX7, it does a lot better than my '83 5.0 Stang. Eveything is located well, the interior is outstanding for a mass production car, getting 38mpg, and it's just a very pretty car from the outside. Even my wife loves it."

LUXURY FEATURES ...... NON LUXURY EMBLEM

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "(Awesome value, head turner)"

Cons: "(Not enough head room in rear)"

"My wife & I have driven German luxury imports for the last 12 years. Recently, my wife changed a job where she has to drive 80 miles everyday back and forth. We were in the market looking for a commute car and looked at traditional competitors in this segment. They seem boring and made you look 10 years older than your age. We narrowed it down to Mazda6 and Sonata and decided to go with Mazda6. Its a great car for the value. You will easily pay $15000 more for the similar features with the luxury emblem. However, 38 miles to a gallon is not realistic and the interior console could have been built better. It is still a great car and I would certainly recommend it to anyone in the market looking for midsize sedan."

Love, Love, Love, This Car!!!!

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "Hugs the curb & lots of car for your $$$"

Cons: "Sliding arm rest!!!"

Had 4 good months!!!

"After owning a 2008 CX-7 and a 2011 CX-7 I decided I wanted something with better gas milage so I went into the dealer expecting to leave with a CX-5. I test drove the CX-5 and when I was walking around I saw the back of the Mazda6 and I asked the salesman, what car is this? He explained to me that this was the new 2014 model, I said I want to test drive this too. After driving both I decided on the Mazda6 and I haven't regretted my decision. I got the touring model and my mom went a day after me and bought the isport model since she liked mine so much. 2 days ago my husband was t-boned when someone ran a red light, my Mazda6 is now totaled! Thankfully he was driving my car because the side airbags saved his life. I now get to go and get another car and you can be sure I'm going to get another Mazda6."

Had 4 good months!!!

Winner in class hands down

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, gas mileage, Rear traffic sensor"

Cons: "Clock position"

"I have now had my Red Mazda 6 Touring w/o tech for a week now and 350 miles. Awesome, best in this class and I definitely made the right decision. After over 3 months of looking and multiple test drives on most of the models I'm glad I waited for the 2014 to come out. None of the others in the class made me feel like "this was the car", I felt like I was going to have to settle. I even tried the Audi, Acura and BMW. The 6 was very close to them for a lot less money. The only one close was the Accord Sport, nothing else compared after I drove the Mazda. I wanted something that not everyone else had (Accord, Camry). The Altima was in the mix, but I could not get over the velour on the arm rest. If your looking for a car in this class you HAVE to drive the Mazda!! As my wife said if you want to feel old drive the Camry. I absolutely love this car, gas mileage was the best, it has ZOOM ZOOM, Pandora is great, blind spot monitor, rear camera plus the added motion detector when backing up (already saved me once), blue tooth works great, the red color (lots of compliment) is awesome ( silver was also sharpe), front seat is comfortable as is the leatherette (I'm 6'3" and fit great wife is 5'4" and also fits great). Have a average of 27mpg so far. The only con so far is the clock is down low and not by the dash. Do not let the dealer try to make you pay sticker price, if your willing to drive you can find a dealer under sticker."

It Just Feels Better

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Best overall driving experience in midsize market."

Cons: "?"

"I just can't find a bad thing to this car. Shortly after I purchased it, I took a 2500 mile road trip to Florida. I never got tired of driving it, and felt refreshed even after driving it 1000 miles straight. And in that 1000 miles, only stopped for gas once, and not because I needed it, but because my passengers needed the pitstop. So far I am averaging 34mpg (tracked on Fuelly) with most of my driving being a 23 mile round trip to work daily in small city traffic. I test drove all the competition before purchasing this vehicle, as this is the most I have ever decided to spend on a car. And for me, the Mazda 6 was the only choice. If you want to get from PointA to PointB, buy one of the other guys. But if you want pure driving pleasure everytime from PointA to B, then look no further than the Mazda6."