2015 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,548 - $23,183.

10/8.4

9.3

Based on 102 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Nice Family car for long trips

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "No motion sickness, great auto transmission"

Cons: "Interior Lights can kill battery"

"This car keeps everyone in my family happy. My wife and sons don't get motion sickness on winding roads like all the other cars we have tried and its fun to drive. I'm not sure what Mazda has done to the suspension that's different from all the other midsize cars (we tried everything from Ford, Kia, Toyota and Honda) but it's the only car that doesn't make my wife motion sick. The suspension is slightly stiffer than the Kia, Toyota, Honda but softer than the Ford. The interior noise is slightly more than the Honda but not by much. The automatic transmission is the best I have driven in any car of any type. It is smooth shifting quiet and quick. After it learns your driving (a couple hundred miles, I know because it looses its settings after the battery goes dead, see con section below) it seems it's never in the wrong gear. The manual mode is great too and allows very precise and quick shifts which allows precise engine breaking for long down slopes. The car handles the curves nicely without being too harsh or rolling too much and the breaking is smooth and linear and handles dry roads to slick ice well. The steering has the best driver feedback of all the current midsize cars. On long stretches of highway the car seems to glide along effortlessly but never puts you to sleep. The blind spot monitoring system and backup monitoring is brilliant. Its never obtrusive and extremely reliable and it definitely adds an extra layer of safety to everyday driving without being annoying. The interior is exactly like I like it simple, clean and convenient. Modern Hondas are exactly the opposite, with lots of very complicated and confusing controls, so if you like Honda interiors you will probably dislike the Mazda 6 interior and vice-versa. Fuel economy in my car is entirely dependent on the driver. It never gets bad economy but it can get amazing economy. My Brother drives like the police are chasing him and gets about 26mpg but on long trips I can drive it gently and get 45mpg easily, my wife gets about 33mpg average. The cars fuel monitor is almost exactly 9% pessimistic in my car reporting 9% less mpg than I actually get. I keep a log of every fill-up and its always consistent. The interior is roomy even with two car seats an adult can sit in the back comfortably and the two front seats keep plenty of leg room for anyone under 6 feet tall. My friend who is 6'4" cannot fit comfortably in the drivers seat but another who is 6'1" can. I'm 5'9" and I fit great, my wife is 4'11" and she fits great. So I can't recommend the car for a driver who is much over 6' tall but even very short drivers like my wife fit great with great visibility. Cons: The automatic cabin light system can drain the battery. My sons love to play with any buttons they can find and there are several ways to turn on the cabin lights so that they stay on continuously which will drain the battery if your not careful, everything else in the car shuts off after a while just not the cabin lights in specific modes. A good design is like Fords I have owned, they shut off everything accidentally left on after an hour or so. Also the I-drive knob (or some other such stupid name) between the passenger and driver seats is stupid and useless but at least its not intrusive, everyone simply ignores it. My wife doesn't like the sound of the trunk when it closes she says it sounds cheap. The other doors sound nice when you close them."

Pizza Delivery :D

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Price, looks, LED headlights, gas mileage"

Cons: "Tiny things, steering wheel leather fades quickly"

"I actually owned a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport from May to December of 2014. Once I saw the Grand Touring model on the street, I traded it in within a month for it. Since getting my GT in mid December of 2014, I have put almost 20,000 miles on my car. I actually delivery pizza and I couldn't think of a better car to drive every day, I love it. I get so many compliments, people thinking the car costs $40K< and turns so many heads even though the car has almost been out for 2 years. I can't think of a single complaint about this car, everything about it is perfect."

You won't be sorry with this gorgeous car

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun, gorgeous, thrifty and all sport"

Cons: "Noisy on a rough road, hard to get in and out"

"I've owned this vehicle about 5 months now and have a second car so it doesn't get a ton of miles on it. But, every time I take it out for a drive, I enjoy myself. The car could probably use a few more horsepower to be a super driver, but it also gets great gas mileage. I don't really feel its underpowered, I would say its adequately powered for most situations. No, you won't scream from the stoplight, but it has sprightly acceleration and its smooth. When you need to speed up on the highway, you simply go faster without any harsh transmission kicks. I used the cruise control on a mountain pass and you literally could not feel the switches in RPM's and shifts. The Bose stereo option is excellent. Everything in the car is where you expect it to be and of good quality although I'm not in love with the look or feel of the headlight and wiper arms on the steering wheel. I've had much more expensive sport sedans and this is on a par with all of them. It is a perfect mix of fun to drive with a great value and great gas mileage on regular to boot. It is a long time between fill ups. One other minor gripe is as a tall guy, it isn't an easy car to get in and out of, being so low to the ground and I have to watch my head on the door too, but once in, I'm very comfortable for a long drive."

Bought the car to replace a 7 yr old Pacifica

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "Gas milage, sound system, handling, styling"

Cons: "Seats could be a little wider at the shoulders"

"We had owned Mazda autos before so buying the Mazda6 Grand Touring was like coming home. The Mazda6 is a load of fun to drive much like the Mazda3S that we had before. Steering is light yet responsive. Acceleration is good when in Auto but much better when using the shift paddles on the steering. The 11 speaker sound system is amazing and the tonal range is outstanding. The seats are heated and comfortable. The radio is also Navigation and phone. the large touch screen is to navigate and as a safety feature is locked out to minimize playing with the Navigation while driving, a feature my wife loves. We have the Almond interior and we replaced the headrest with ones that have a DVD system in them. I found a local upholstery shop able to match the interior color and texture. The 184 hp engine (while not a muscle car) responses very well when the gas is pushed. I have found that in manual mode and shifting at 4000 rpm, the Mazda6 gets up to highway speed very quickly. We have absolutely no regrets on purchasing this vehicle. We offered my daughter a new car when we bought ours, but we were told that her car (Mazda3S hatchback 2004 model) had better be at home when she came back from studies in Japan. I guess you can say we as a family enjoy our Mazdas."

Beautiful design on this Mazda 6

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Very refined, great ride/handling,beautiful design"

Cons: "lack of horsepower, lack of leg room, nav screen"

"Was able to spend a few hours driving this car, which is owned by a close friend. It's probably the best looking car in this mid-size class. It's really an amazing looking car. Was able to drive the car around town and 85mph interstate speeds. The quality and fit and finish are great. The car feels and drives like it's built very high quality. When compared to the new Accords it feels much tighter and better engineered (I personally own a '15 accord lx). The ride quality is fantastic and road noise is minimal. It handles great. It handles and rides better than the new camry. The cons: it feels under powered--won't thrill you in any way. Power is what I'd call just adequate. The leg room both up front and in the rear will be bad for anyone much over 6ft tall. This car is just not engineered for taller drivers or passengers trust me. It's a beautiful car(especially in red). It drives and feels wonderfully refined and smooth. With another 60-70 HP this would be a near perfect vehicle (excluding drivers much over 6ft tall. Quality is on par or better than Toyota and hugely better than the new Hondas."