2015 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,662 - $21,344.

10/8.4

9.3

Based on 112 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

Great car if you don't mind road noise

By on Friday, April 24, 2015

Pros: "Great looks, great handling"

Cons: "Road/exterior noise an issue"

"I purchased a 2015 i-Sport with 6 speed auto about 4 months ago. I love the looks of the car inside and out, one of the major reasons I bought it. It is very stylish and you can tell the designers spent a lot of time on aesthetics. I kept mine simple only adding factory navigation and fog lights, not needing all the bells and whistles available. The car handles beautifully and does have that "zoom, zoom" appeal that is the Mazda trademark. The back seats have plenty of leg-room. However, what I really do not like about the car and makes the driving experience not so pleasurable is they could have done more to reduce road/exterior noise in the cabin. If you want a quiet ride, you will probably be disappointed. I read many reviews of this car from the experts and owners before I bought it and could not find any mention of that issue, so I will mention it here. Maybe its just because the car I had previous had a quieter ride when it was new and now I miss that. As other have remarked, the voice recognition features can be frustrating to use because it doesn't always recognize or do what you tell it. The navigation system is OK, but nothing to rave about."

First new car disappointment

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pros: "Good looking car, ok mileage"

Cons: "Everything else."

"Car is gorgeous and turns heads but otherwise I am terribly disappointed as this was the first car I ever purchased brand new. Interior is cramped, seats are too low and narrow, making entry and exit awkward and difficult. Paint is easily chipped and interior design makes access for vacuuming/cleaning windows near impossible. Sounds like one or more windows is slightly open when all are closed which is beyond annoying. DISLIKE auto climate control system. Poor sound system. Just not what I expected for the price at ALL."

Best car I've ever had - attracts lots of complime

By on Thursday, April 02, 2015

Pros: "Good value for money, nice driver's car"

Reflex Blue Color with Tinted Windows

"I've had my M6 for about 3 weeks now. It's Touring with automatic transmission and Bose/Moonroof package. I hadn't considered a Mazda before, but now I'm certain I got great value for money and a car that is fun to drive, comfortable, classy, stylish, and practical. I won't gush about the things I like, instead I'll address the things I see others writing negatively about. Some professional reviewers have been very critical of Mazda's navigation systems. I didn't get navigation, knowing it wasn't a great system and that I could easily have one installed later once the technology improves. Instead I have the excellent navigation on my smartphone (which is always hooked up via bluetooth the sound system anyway) direct me when needed. This is an audio and not visual solution, but it's perfectly fine for me. Otherwise the rest of the audio/screen system is great. It even displays your text messages on the dashboard screen or reads them out loud to you. I get more compliments on the interior than anything. A couple people have said it looks and feels like a Mercedes, meaning I guess it's roomy, it's comprised of high-quality materials, and it has lots of straight lines. If you like all the bubbly, curvy, 'space-pod'-looking dashboards that many car companies are relying on to make their vehicles look 'modern' or updated, then this is not the car for you. As for noise, I admit it can seem a little loud. But when did we decide that drivers weren't supposed to hear the engines they're using? I like hearing it rev, and it sounds great when you first start the car. I think Mazda let their enthusiastic drivers keep the engine noise on purpose (besides if you have the Bose sound system on or the sunroof open you won't hear the engine anyway). It's the first Mazda in my family and the only one parked on my block right now, but judging by the many looks and questions I get about it I'm sure there will be more to come."

Reflex Blue Color with Tinted Windows

Fun to drive, great value.

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Cons: "Cloth interior is very hard to clean off hair"

"The only complaint I have about this car is the cloth interior (black). I couldn't remove my hair from the seats. Car interior always looked messy, so I ended up having the cloth interior replaced with leather. I owned other Mazda's with cloth interior and did not have this problem."

The 2016 Mazda 6 is far superior to the 2014/2015

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pros: "Great styling, gas mileage and handling"

Cons: "None on the new 2016"

"I owned a 2015 Grand Touring Mazda 6 with the tech package and drove it for 15,000 miles. Overall it was a nice car with beautiful styling and excellent gas mileage. I also found the 4 cylinder engine to have more than adequate power/performance. However, the car had a few flaws. The navigation/infotainment system was easily 5 years behind the competition. The screen was small, the software was slow and clunky and the navigation screen looked like a 1980's Nintendo game. The front seats are a little too narrow and the padding is a little stiff. I found the seats to be acceptable but not comfortable. Overall the car handles reasonably well, but has some body roll when you first enter into a turn, which limits your confidence. In addition, the car has too much road noise, especially when driving on a concrete surface. The noise comes almost entirely from the tires, since wind and engine noise are nicely muted. Overall, I liked the car, but its flaws kept me from loving the car. I recently traded the 2015 for a new 2016 Grand Touring with tech package and what a difference. All of the above mentioned flaws have been corrected in the 2016. The 2016 has noticeably less road noise, less body roll in turns, the navigation/infotainment system is much better with a larger screen and updated software/performance, the seats are still narrow but much softer and more comfortable, it has a restyled dash that is better looking and a HUD (head up display) that projects your speed and other vital info onto your windshield (great feature not offered on the 2015). It cost me a few too many $ to trade, but I could not be happier. The 2016 has all the great styling, great gas mileage and performance of the 2015, but with all the rough edges smoothed off. I give Mazda credit for having the objectivity to understand and correct all the 2014/2015 shortcomings. I now love my Mazda 6."