2015 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,439 - $20,948.

10/8.4

9.3

Based on 88 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

2015 model too many steps back from 2007

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks, 185 hp, milage, ext design"

Cons: "Blind spots, int design, aud controls,"

"We bought the Mazda 6 for my wife to drive. She had the 2007 for 7 years and loved it. So our "pros and cons" are mostly based on a comparison. She's a shorter person (5'3") and it can be hard to find a car that gives her good visibility out over the hood and back through your blind spots. This was our first priority in shopping both times. The 2015 meets the visibility forward test but after a few months of driving we've both found that the blind spots are huge. The shape and design of the windows and position of the seats create larger than average gaps where you can't see over your shoulders. The 2007 M6 had awesome interior design- great use of space for storage and cubbies and great vent design for the A/C. The 15 has done away with most all of that. The front doors have ONLY a drink holder space for storage; there's wasted space for audio controls in the center consol; the center arm rest is tiny; the visors are tiny; it's hard to get the air vents positioned effectively. AUDIO The IPOD hookup is nice... but it always starts playing the first song on your IPOD instead of what you were listening to last! And we paid for the BOSE sound system upgrade. I'm a musician and audiophile and I'm completely unimpressed with the sound. It's nice to have a more modern car- the HP is good, the MPG is good, and it is fun to drive. We compared the Mazda 6 to the Ford Fusion and the Hyundai Sonata. We'll get used to the drawbacks of the design on the Mazda, but we're both starting to think we should have gone with one of the others..."

Best thing since the RX7

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "handling, comfort, looks"

Cons: "no lock on the glovebox"

"The last Mazda I owned was an RX7, which was really fun until ice hit the road. Well, the Mazda 6 is nearly as much fun, and handles ice a lot better. Although it doesn't like quick handling as much as the RX7, it does a lot better than my '83 5.0 Stang. Eveything is located well, the interior is outstanding for a mass production car, getting 38mpg, and it's just a very pretty car from the outside. Even my wife loves it."

Best sedan out there

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "Responsive, MPG, Horsepower, Look"

"I bought this care after researching almost every other sedan on the road. For a car of this size, it has top MPG while also having a top ranking in horsepower. The car looks awesome from the outside and is extremely responsive. The only other car I even considered buying was the Mazda3, but I have only owned a Honda Accord before this and had no history with Mazdas. Very impressed."

Great gas milage

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "great gas milage, great power, looks great"

Cons: "resale value (?) front seats need to be redesigned"

"Fun to drive with the exception of the seats, they are uncomfortable, they hug me more than I like. I have to adjust the seat backwards in order to get out of the car. I was told by my sellsman that Madza's hold more of their value than American cars. MSRP on mine $30K, paid $26K. According to KBB it's only worth $19K trade in, $21.6K private party sell with only 5K miles on it. That translates into $.88 cent a mile for depreciation, (private party sell). That's not good in my book."

Best Value

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

"I replaced a 2004 Mazda6, with a 2015 Mazda6 GT w/tech package. I swore that I would never buy another Mazda. But I could not pass this car up. The looks, equipment, mileage and overall ride of the car for the money was like a dream come true. I have taken in on a couple of road trips and have gotten over 40 mpg. My average is in the low 30's, which is 7-8 better than my old Mazda."