2015 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,757 - $21,356.

10/8.4

9.3

Based on 101 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Great car, has a lot of get up and go.

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Every thing"

Cons: "You will feel the road"

"Fun car to drive. Love the lane warning in mirrors. Has a lot of pep for a car that averages 30 miles to the gallon, all stop and go driving. You will feel the road which is good and bad. The bad is you feel the potholes, but on the good side you feel like your driving in a sports car. I am tight with my money and did a lot of shopping and test driving before I bought this car. I still feel like I bought the best car for my money every time I look at it in a parking lot next to all the other boring cars. Once in the leather seats and pushbutton start, great sounding engine. I know I bought the best car for my money. If you buy this car be ready for people to stop you and tell you how much they love your car."

I strongly dislike the car

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Price"

Cons: "Everything else"

"Its boring to drive , gear box is very laggy , it never tells me temperature and its sound insulation is unacceptable"

Did so much research and found the best car for $

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Price, MPG, quiet, comfortable, Bose, features"

Cons: "Navigation is a bit annoying to use"

"I test drove so many cars, about 15+ They ranged from Honda civics to top of the line Audi's. I spent countless hours online researching vehicles and I finally found the gem known as the Mazda 6. In previous years I wouldn't ever consider buying a Mazda but they have redesigned their vehicles and they have improved massively. I purchased the 2014 Mazda 6 i Touring with the technology package. This includes smart brake city, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic monitoring, 11 speaker Bose system, mazda's smart key, rain sensing wipers and so much more. This was basically a fully loaded model and the price was unbeatable. The inside is absolutely beautiful and easily comparable to a Mercedes or BMW. There are very high quality materials inside and everything is beautifully put together. The Bose sound system sounds amazing as it should. The engine is plenty adequate and the car is very quiet on the road. That is one thing many people have brought up is the wind noise issue. I drove the car back from a dealership 300 miles away from my home and was going 80-85 mph most of the way and while the wind noise was present, it was nowhere near unbearable or significant or even annoying. Putting the radio on even at a low volume made the noise completely disappear. Gas mileage is incredible, I went 300 miles and only used a bit more than quarter of a tank. Overall I would highly recommend this car, before going to Toyota, Ford, Nissan or Chevy, try Mazda first then compare the rest and you'll see that there is no comparison, the Mazda is much better."

Strong car, good power, fun to drive

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Driving dynamics, quality, power, great MPG"

Cons: "Poor basic speakers"

"I have a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport Automatic. I have 3,000 miles on the car and have enjoied it so far. The car has a strong engine that sounds great when you get on it. I drove a 4cyl Camary that sounded like you were killing it. I have been doing 60/40 Highway/City and I am getting 33MPG. I have gotten up to 41 MPG just putting it on cruse at 60 on the highway. The car handels great and runs flat. You feel alot of the road communicated through the car which is good if you like to drive but bad if you want to be more comfortable. The car is overall comforable and has alot of room in the back for my two childern. The trunk is great allowing me to fold down my rear seats and fit a screen door in the box with only about 3 inches sticking out of the trunk. The only negitive to the car so far is the base stereo speakers. They work okay but you can really tell they are cheap. This is about the only thing on the car that seems cheap. If this car is as reliable as my old 2004 Camary was it will be a winner."

Loving my Mazda6!!!

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and beautiful."

Cons: "None."

"I've had this car for nearly a year and have driven it 22,100+ miles. I have yet to find anything complain about. I LOVE the styling- it looks high end. It drives and handles so great (very responsive steering). The power and acceleration make you forget you're driving a 4 cylinder. The fuel economy is still good considering the power you get out of it. I'd recommend it to anyone!!"

Best car I've owned

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, handling, comfort, styling"

Cons: "No heated seats in my leather."

"I-Touring model. I bought this car back in June of 2013 and it has been a gem, I downgraded from a 2010 Mercedes C300 but really I upgraded. The styling and look of the car caught my attention and then the gas mileage was another big seller. Had one small issue with the power steering module, but it was replaced under warrantee so all was good. The only thing I wish mine has would be heated seats. Kind of pointless to have the leather and no heat, right? It's been great for my long trips up north. It has been great in the snow. Handling is supreme. Power is just right for the segment. Thanks Mazda."

Absolutely love this car.

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Styling hooked me, Mileage/Reliability sold me."

Cons: "Needs chrome wheel option. Going aftermarket."

"Looks fantastic. Low slung, aggressive front end. Liquid Silver paint is gorgeous. Several comparisons to a Jaguar. Painted 19in wheels are nice but chrome would have really set it off perfectly. More than enough power city or hwy. Quiet and smooth. Nice throaty exhaust sound when you get on it. 6 speed auto shifts smoothly up and down. Manual shift takes some practice but works just as good. Mileage averaging 34.4 in 80/20 hwy driving. Interior is comfortable, laid out very well. More room than my wifes Grand Marquis. Gauges/controls are easy to read/reach. Stereo system sounds great. Handles great, especially on curvy roads. Grips road verrry well. Ride is a little stiff at times depending on road condition. Little noisy on rough roads, quiet otherwise. Overall extremely satisfied with this car. Feels like driving a much more expensive sports car. Looked at Optima/Altima, stopped looking after test driving this."

deal killers for me

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "In it's class, by far the coolest looking car."

Cons: "not DIY friendly"

"Let me start by saying this car is really good looking and drives great. In my heart I really wanted this car but a few things killed it for me. I do my own work on my cars and there will be times I need to jack up the front of the car and unfortunately this Mazda 6 model does not have a front cross-member to put a hydraulic jack under. That's a huge hassle. Additionally the underside of the car is covered by a big plastic shield. It covers the entire lower engine compartment. Imagine every time you need to look under the engine you have to remove this giant panel...no thanks. One more thing I don't like, no engine temp gauge, really? Come on. Some people actually understand engines and this gauge is critical. My heart is telling to overlook these issues because she's a beauty but sadly my brain is telling me to look elsewhere. I would however recommend this car to a friend because most of my friends don't do their own work. Great car, just not for me."

LUXURY FEATURES ...... NON LUXURY EMBLEM

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "(Awesome value, head turner)"

Cons: "(Not enough head room in rear)"

"My wife & I have driven German luxury imports for the last 12 years. Recently, my wife changed a job where she has to drive 80 miles everyday back and forth. We were in the market looking for a commute car and looked at traditional competitors in this segment. They seem boring and made you look 10 years older than your age. We narrowed it down to Mazda6 and Sonata and decided to go with Mazda6. Its a great car for the value. You will easily pay $15000 more for the similar features with the luxury emblem. However, 38 miles to a gallon is not realistic and the interior console could have been built better. It is still a great car and I would certainly recommend it to anyone in the market looking for midsize sedan."

a gem at a wonderful price

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "torque filled fun with 500 miles per tank"

Cons: "dealer had to tighten a rattling speaker cover"

"This car is only $20k!?!? It drives like it should be twice that. The seats are great, the cabin is spacious, the 6 speed manual is effortless. The base model even has tilt, cruise, steering wheel controls, keyless entry and keyless start button. The Skyactive 2.5 has plenty of power if you downshift to use it. 3rd gear tops out at 85MPH.. and there are 3 more gears left!! This 4 cly. has the torque of a V6 and gives back 500 miles per tankful."

Test Drive It Before You Purchase Any Other

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Everything so far"

Cons: "Nothing so far"

"Nothing I write here would justify what you actually feel driving one. If you're considering purchasing/leasing a mid-sized sedan, don't make any decision without test-driving a Mazda6. I was planning to get a Manual Transmission car going into my car hunting. For some reason the I Touring Manual model I test-drove had more road noise on highway and its crutch is a bit heavier than I expected. Therefore I ended up going with the I-Touring Automatic version. My old car was the worst in the parking lot at my office. Now I don't have any hesitation to park my car next to a BMW/Benz and my Mazda6 actually looks better than many of them."

Totally Satisfied with My Mazda

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive, excellent mpg, superb appearance"

Cons: "Absolutely no flaws for me"

My Mazda 6 at South Padre Island, TX!

"I bought this car pretty quickly when the transmission went out on my old car. I am shocked at how much I love this vehicle. I get 34 mpg average and it is one hot lookin' car! Drives like a dream (Touring with Technology Package) has all the bells and whistles that I could possibly need and is just plain excellent. Not one single thing that I don't like. Had a border agent stop me coming out of South Padre Island and asked what kind of car it was. When I nervously told him it was a 2014 Mazda 6, he stepped back, opened his arms, grinned real big and said, "Maaaannnn!!! I LIKE your car!" Made me smile!"

My Mazda 6 at South Padre Island, TX!

My first new Sedan ever owned, my best choice ever

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "All good in my book."

Cons: "I have no Cons to report."

"I just recentley purchased the Mazda6 2.5 L I sport and I tell you the test drive sold this car and the service at Mazda was great. The look of this car makes me feel like I am driving a $50,000 car. I got a killer deal on the price and was able to purchase a second car for my husband (a Mazda 3). The Salesman was great on the test drive. I love the snow white flake pearl color and the interior is just right for what I like. My husband and I have matching cars (except for size). I also got the 4 year maintiance program for both cars so all we have to pay for is gas, routine maintiance is covered. My first time going to Mazda and it was great. I was originally looking at a 2013 Optima but went with Mazda6 because the quality and the pricing for what you get for a 2014 was cheaper than the Optima. Mazda has better ratings and better pricing over Optima any day. Love my mazda (no photo at this time yet)."

2014 Mazda 6=Simply Amazing

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "Gasoline savings, Great roadtrip vehicle, comfy"

Cons: "obstructive blindspots and technology challenges"

"I have owned the vehicle for about 4 months and I am more than satisfied. Before owning this vehicle I was paying up to $250 per month in gasoline. My monthly budget indicates that I am saving over $100 dollars in gasoline. I drove the vehicle to Dallas, TX and I filled up twice and still had half a tank left on arrival to my final destination. However, the downfall for me would be the interior blind spot areas adjacent to the passenger side windows and the corner left/right frontal windshield views. At times I find it difficult to see my turns and blind spots clearly. The camera feature makes up for the high back end. In short, the panoramic view is lacking. My model also lacks the bells and whistles but I am sure the Grand Touring model is well worth the investment. In sum, if gas savings and longevity means anything to you as a car owner then it will be a great investment. I personally understand why the 2014 Mazda 6 won car of the year. I'm grateful and overwhelming satisfied. This car simply works for my lifestyle!"

Great vehicle and the safety was proven.

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

"Was very impressed with this vehicle when I first looked at it. I own an Audi A6 and was purchasing this for my daughter. She drove other vehicles but once she drove the Mazda 6 she was done looking and I was glad. Very nice vehicle for the money and more importantly to me I liked the upgraded safety on the 2014 model. That got tested today as evidenced by the photo. Three teenage girls walked away with minor scratches after getting T-boned by a large 4X4 truck. Her replacement will be another Mazda 6."

Finally a practical car that's fun to drive

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive and Stylish"

Cons: "That it doesn't come in a 2 Door Turbo"

"I've had this car for around a month and it has been a total blast to drive. I traded in a two door convertible and I have no regrets. I needed a practical ride with great features and space. Boy does this car deliver. It handles well for a big car and grips the road. I have the iTouring with the Technology package. Well worth the money, it turns heads and feels like a luxury car. I test drove Honda, Toyota and Audi and this car won hands down. Very exciting 4 cylinder with great horsepower and excellent gas mileage. I have to leave the house ten minutes early to play with all of the features, it's great!"

Love, Love, Love, This Car!!!!

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "Hugs the curb & lots of car for your $$$"

Cons: "Sliding arm rest!!!"

Had 4 good months!!!

"After owning a 2008 CX-7 and a 2011 CX-7 I decided I wanted something with better gas milage so I went into the dealer expecting to leave with a CX-5. I test drove the CX-5 and when I was walking around I saw the back of the Mazda6 and I asked the salesman, what car is this? He explained to me that this was the new 2014 model, I said I want to test drive this too. After driving both I decided on the Mazda6 and I haven't regretted my decision. I got the touring model and my mom went a day after me and bought the isport model since she liked mine so much. 2 days ago my husband was t-boned when someone ran a red light, my Mazda6 is now totaled! Thankfully he was driving my car because the side airbags saved his life. I now get to go and get another car and you can be sure I'm going to get another Mazda6."

Had 4 good months!!!

I hate this car

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "quality, no storage inside,"

Cons: "color"

"After trading in my Cx-7 I now own a mazda 6 it is the most uncomfortable car I have ever been in. No quality was put in to this car. Being a passenger feeling like riding in a cardboard box. No thought was put into this car as to storage the center glove box the arm rest slide when you rest your arm on it..."

base model is awesome value, great car for the $!

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "handling, poise, fuel economy, coef of drag"

Cons: "interior storage places, 16.6 gallon fuel tank"

"I bought it on a whim and overall I am very satisfied. Was going to buy a Camry or Accord, maybe, but this car at the base level is superior to the SE or other base models by the two makers, in my opinion, have driven both. I even looked at Ford Focus and Chevy Cruze models and when they are nicely appointed they are easily more than I paid for the 6. This car seems to hunker down on the highway the faster you go, like a German car, and is very poised and stiff and all of one piece in hard cornering, for a large FWD car. I have a mixed drive to work and I get 32mpg all the time easy. Best highway tank was 39.9 mpg and I am sure I can get 40 plus mpg with no traffic jams on a highway trip. Car never seems to work hard, engine is overachiever for 185 horsepower. Fast car when you really get on it and tell the computer "GO"!. Wish they had kept the 18.5 gallon tank from the previous model, 16.6 is too small for a car in this class. Seats are good, interior OK in base model but Mazda put the paddle shifters in all the cars, would cost almost nothing. Wish the key was smaller and lighter too, I do not like the new chip keys, too big and heavy. Important: the coefficient of drag (cd) of the car is .26, like a Prius, and I cannot believe Mazda does not advertize that! The relaxed gearing and cd means the car gets great MPG, but still goes fast when you wake up the computer and put your foot down. Low cd is super important at speeds over 50 mph, makes all the difference in the world. Overall a great car for the money, very agile for size. Car feels all of one piece, sturdy, light, people comment that it is a good looking car. Way better than an Accord or Camry, overall, in my opinion."

in Love!

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Fun, Gorgeous, Reliable, Affordable"

Cons: ".... what cons??"

"I absolutely love this vehicle. I researched the Camry, Accord, Altima, and Mazda 6 before wisely deciding on the Mazda. I'm beyond happy with my purchase. Not only is this car fun and stylish, but it has all the features of a luxury car without the price tag."

Best car for price

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "Truly fun to drive."

Cons: "Does not cook dinner or babysit kids"

"Why pay more?? I see so many Honda and Toyota drivers turning their heads as I drive by like "what IS that?" As those cars become more boring and generic, Mazda is rapidly changing for the better..at a more economical price. We only avg 20 mph but still getting 26.2 mpg."

Say goodbye to Ford, say hello to 100% Jpns qual.

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "Great options, mpg's, handling, comfort."

"I liked the test drive so much that I decided NOT to wait for the diesel/e-loop. As it stands, I am getting 31.5 MPG city and 45 highway anyway, so, maybe I made the right decision given the added expense of dies. fuel. All I can say is that the road feel and driving dynamics are comparable to more expensive sedans that I have owned in the past, yes, including my 2009 Audi S5! When I take the time to review, I always consider pricing, and this car is very well priced considering the options, mpg's, etc. Got the Black Mica, next one Soul Red. One for the both of us!"

There is nothing about this car I do not like.

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

"This is a fun car to drive. It is smooth but not Maxima smooth. You feel the car and feel the road but in a good way. Gas mileage is great. I have the Grand Touring and am enjoying all the extra features like blind spot monitoring, backup camera and many more. It has features like a much more expensive car. This is an efficient and truly modern car."

Good value + fun to drive

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "Great price, lots of room, fun to drive, good MPG"

Cons: "steering is light, needs some more power (for me)"

"I have the 2014 sport with 6sp manual. At 6'3" I fit very comfortably in the seats and have plenty of room. I got the black mica and had the dealer install full leather interior. The exterior style is eye catching and it drives like a car costing thousands more.The steering feel is a little light for my taste, but not that bad. The transmission is tight and exact with good feel. Extremely good value. My mileage numbers are around 28 for city driving and 37 for highway.. Go drive one now and decide for yourself!"

Great vehicle, amajor step up over the competition

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Looks, handling"

"Anyone who is thinking of a car in this class should definitely go out and try one. I got the GT model as a step up from my Mazda 3 and do not regret the change one bit. The GT model has all the bells and whistles and is more than capable in the handling and performance arena and so far with my mixed driving of city and hilly highways I am right around 31.5 mpg with one run of mainly highway seeing 37 mpg. The looks really made me do the deal, it really is a classy car on the interior and exterior."